• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

So there is going to be a new tiger mask anime starring okada and tanahashi

tiger_mask01_sp.png.0.jpg

tanahashi01b.png.0.jpg

okadakazuchika01b_sp.png.0.jpg

Anime of the year

Sunny Mac and I have been advocating for Total Divas for ages, welcome to the club. TD is one, if not THE, best thing WWE does, though there's been a drop in quality last season, hope they can right the ship.

Nattie legit crazy, I'd say she has some manic tendencies. TJ is a trooper sometimes. He just lets her rave and rant as he sits on the kitchen counter eating cereal, he knows not to engage her.

I really love TD. It's super entertaining. I think it's interesting that they genuinely don't care if you like them - Nattie is fairly unhinged, as you say, and Rosa comes across very poorly indeed. Worst of all, though - Eva's husband, Jonathan. Dude is presented as a legitimately terrible human being. I actively despise him, which is curious, as he's also her (real life) manager. I know it's all a work, but honestly, I think there's a lot of truth to the characters they play, especially with people like him who started as bit players.

I have been watching since the late 90s and think he's great.

That's me too, although I skipped what was apparently the worst period for him burying people. He's always been great in the ring. A great character to boot, and a great booker if NXT and CWC is anything to go by.

Maybe he hogged the belt for a while there, but I don't think it undoes everything else.

Striker

You would be perfectly correct. Even if you went back and binge-watched his rise, it isn't the same because you can saw through the content more quickly. Early HHH is a good and fun character. DX HHH post-WM14 until about... maybe 2010, forget it.
2011 still had

5tsReNo.jpg

And of course, later

9l6faYb.png

Zach

He's always been great in the ring. A great character to boot
I disagree on both counts. Generally passable, yet oftentimes boring, in the ring. A grating, overbearing, lowest common denominator-baiting, lowest-hanging fruit-grabbing character. (Through mid-2000.)

I just don't see the appeal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Chris Jericho ‏@IAmJericho 2h 2 hours ago
Congratulations to my best friend @FightOwensFight for winning the #WWEUniversalTitle! We are going to be a great champion!
I really hope Jericho tries to Freebird the title.

Kaladin

I just want to say that Triple H looked damn good last night. Lean and ripped. He's ready to go.

I'm actually looking forward to where they're going with this. The logical reasoning is that Triple H is invested in Kevin Owens and he is protecting his guy. He realizes that The Shield is the past and Owens and the stars created on NXT are the future and saw an opportunity to expedite that future.

Remember.....

b39123f181edc09e87fab4767d7e8266.jpg

I don't get why Raw and Smackdown have the same sets again... It's going to get boring real fast.

Raw should have just kept the one they debuted after the draft.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's nice and all about Owens but who gives a shit

Because did you guys see Dana Brooke in those scrubs? God damn!

Sephzilla

Furthering my belief
read: hope
that HHH is spearheading an NXT invasion... did anyone else notice that HHH didn't interfere until Cass was already eliminated - so he didn't have to attack one of his boys?

ZNIYkd9.png

Lothar

Banned

Don't worry, you still have a Vince Russo rant to look forward to. This is the one thing both Cornette and Russo agree on. They hate Owens.

@THEVinceRusso you sit there and say Owens can't work but yet for some reason he gets over. Why would they put over someone who. Cant work?

@ColeMcGee09 I don't know. Maybe he brings the donuts?
https://mobile.twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/770481146136264705

Sephzilla

Also - while I'm happy Cass didn't win (because seriously, he's not ready and he'd get Diesel'd so incredibly fucking hard if he was champ right now) the elimination match sure did make Cass look good. Crowd was super into him and those big boots he delivered were fucking vicious.

The next avatar whatever you guys do should be centered around this gif. Everyone takes one variation.

That .gif already has one for me! :D

Browny

Banned
That's nice and all about Owens but who gives a shit

Because did you guys see Dana Brooke in those scrubs? God damn!

2719818-omega2.gif

#teamdana

She honestly has a great look. Better booking and there's some gold right there. Nia should be shit-canned, and get the jobbers to bow down to Dana instead.

Kaladin

So how long till they transition Enzo and Cass from tag team to Cass being a singles guy with Enzo as his manager?

Isn't that how they started in NXT?

So how long till they transition Enzo and Cass from tag team to Cass being a singles guy with Enzo as his manager?

Isn't that how they started in NXT?
People speculate about it a lot, like with New Day for a Big E run, but I don't think these tag teams are breaking up anytime soon, 6 months more at the least.

klonere

Banned
They need Nia in a face mama bear character, the big sister who looks after all the other women, is super organized and always there for others, slow to anger but when provoked you better believe you are fucked. She can't hack this archetypal monster role.

Basically her IRL turned up to 100x etc etc forever

Top Bottom