• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Sephzilla

Send Nia back to NXT so she can get some more time to develop her character and move set. Give Dana "Big Momma Pump" Brook the jobber matches.

Bryan: Listen, there are teenagers now a days DREAMING of the day they'll win the Universal Title when Triple H gives someone a pedigree.
Dave: Yeah, he'll be 60 years old then and he's still going to be doing it.
Bryan: HE WILL!

Cagey

Banned
I still don't buy Dana Brooke's look at all. Still looks like a failure parody of the successful version of her character.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't buy Dana Brooke's look at all. Still looks like a failure parody of the successful version of her character.
You gotta stop with this slander. #danasflexcity is real.

Anth0ny

I just want to say that Triple H looked damn good last night. Lean and ripped. He's ready to go.

I'm actually looking forward to where they're going with this. The logical reasoning is that Triple H is invested in Kevin Owens and he is protecting his guy. He realizes that The Shield is the past and Owens and the stars created on NXT are the future and saw an opportunity to expedite that future.

Remember.....

b39123f181edc09e87fab4767d7e8266.jpg

an NXT stable could be cool. it's clear at this point that WWE doesn't give a fuck about half the crowd cheering the "bad guys" on a consistent basis. an NXT stable led by triple h could do all the cheating and heelish things in the world and still be beloved. NXT brand is that strong at this point.

Sephzilla

Also I'm totally fine with HHH getting involved.

1) Old Man HHH / Authority HHH has been the best version of him yet.

2) He was the last World Champ I gave a shit about (before KO won yesterday)

daemissary

Now I actually kind of hope Owens hangs on to the Universal title until Mania and Sami wins the Rumble

It would be perfect if Sami comes out to challenge Owens for the belt since he beat him clean in their last match but Owens says "Nope, that was billed as the final chapter in our story so we can't have another match."

And then Sami has to win the rumble to get his shot.

Tom Nook

Furthering my belief
read: hope
that HHH is spearheading an NXT invasion... did anyone else notice that HHH didn't interfere until Cass was already eliminated - so he didn't have to attack one of his boys?

ZNIYkd9.png

You got something there.

HHH pedigrees Seth because of the Finn Balor injury.

Bayley taking over the Women's division.

an NXT stable could be cool. it's clear at this point that WWE doesn't give a fuck about half the crowd cheering the "bad guys" on a consistent basis. an NXT stable led by triple h could do all the cheating and heelish things in the world and still be beloved. NXT brand is that strong at this point.
Bring in Samoa Joe as the group's enforcer. Focus on KO and perhaps The Revival if they're called up. Have Sami as the lead dissenter - "Not like this!" And so on. And then, when Balor comes back, he can be the face that brings the stable down. NXT still means WWE and all that.

klonere

Banned
Basically; there's tons of cool shit they could do but the near sure thing is a repeat of the "unworthy champion' storyline from last year with Owens in place of Rollins.

And we all remember what a ratings success THAT whole thing was.

Sephzilla

Basically; there's tons of cool shit they could do but the near sure thing is a repeat of the "unworthy champion' storyline from last year with Owens in place of Rollins.

The only reason I think they might do something different here is because of that glare HHH shot Steph after HHH was leaving - because it seemed to pretty deliberately indicate that HHH was acting with his own agenda.

KO in that role, should they go that direction, will be fantastic television though. Especially because you know he's going to milk the whole champion of the universe thing. Add in Jericho's continued delusion, and I think it could work.

I'd rather something different, but I do think Kevin could make it fresh all the same.

klonere

Banned
The only reason I think they might do something different here is because of that glare HHH shot Steph after HHH was leaving - because it seemed to pretty deliberately indicate that HHH was acting with his own agenda.

Hope springs eternal Seph. They have the talent.

KO in that role, should they go that direction, will be fantastic television though. Especially because you know he's going to milk the whole champion of the universe thing. Add in Jericho's continued delusion, and I think it could work.

I'd rather something different, but I do think Kevin could make it fresh all the same.

I have no doubt that Owens would excel in that role, far better than Rollins. He fits that whole shtick far more naturally. The problem is I don't think that sort of storyline gets over the talent the way they need them to be over now. It's fine for an upper midcard heel but we NEED main event heels right now on Raw, not Triple H flunky #341

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
So, who do you guys think Owens will feud with first? I have the terrible feeling its going to be Sami Zayn. It will undoubtedly be yet another awesome match, but it would be magic if it got the slow build. WWE isn't patient though.

rrc1594

Also I'm totally fine with HHH getting involved.

1) Old Man HHH / Authority HHH has been the best version of him yet.

2) He was the last World Champ I gave a shit about (before KO won yesterday)

So much this. When your a Champ you should carry yourself like a Champ. I remember when HHH got the title then he cut that promo about WWE being his religion and Roman disrespected his religion. Dean has been horrible in the ring, but he carries the belt with importance. You don't get that from a lot of superstars. KO is going to hold that title with importance because he is a prizefighter.

Browny

Banned
So, who do you guys think Owens will feud with first? I have the terrible feeling its going to be Sami Zayn. It will undoubtedly be yet another awesome match, but it would be magic if it got the slow build. WWE isn't patient though.

Already tailor-made for Reigns and Rollins. Cass will hopefully drop back down to rekindle his broship with Enzo.

Hope springs eternal Seph. They have the talent.

I have no doubt that Owens would excel in that role, far better than Rollins. He fits that whole shtick far more naturally. The problem is I don't think that sort of storyline gets over the talent the way they need them to be over now. It's fine for an upper midcard heel but we NEED main event heels right now on Raw, not Triple H flunky #341

Then it sounds like we're pretty much in agreement.

What a weird moment in time to find so much optimism about all the WWE brands. The only downside is it's a lot of viewing to keep up with things. My visiting parents aren't so happy with the situation. Hah. They were really upset at the finish last night 'If he's the best why can't they just let him actually win? If a board room just pick who to give the belt to what's the point?' etc etc.

It was delicious.

what just happened? :

What just happened?

Stephanie?

Stephanie pls...

;_;
I seriously hope they don't keep him heel, this is too perfect. And if my usual McMahon history serves me well, this will turn into Stephanie being with Hunter all along and Vince siding with Foley to take them out. Shit writes itself.

Sephzilla

Roman's probably going back to feuding with Rusev. Cass has no real claim to the belt what so ever since he was the only guy in that match who was beaten cleanly. My bet is that KO has a mini feud with Rollins that will spin off into a Rollins-HHH feud. Then JeriKO will probably melt down and cause those two to feud for the title.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I'll make a prediction.

KO's first feud will be against Enzo.

I was actually thinking Cass if they don't immediately pull the trigger on the KO/Zayn feud. Since it continues the JeriKO vs Enzo/Cass feud, and it would easily lead into an Owens v Jericho feud. The promos leading up to KO vs Jericho could end up being the greatest thing ever.

imBask

Banned
it's going to be Owens vs Roman guys. We got what we wanted just so Roman could get shoehorned into the main event scene again

plus Owens is a "heel" and Roman is a "face"

rrc1594

Looking at KO and Balor's it really does seem they were going to feud for the title before he got hurt. Does that mean HHH was going to some how fuck over Seth anyway.

Top Bottom