• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Miz is the rare heel that's actually right but is still doing the heel thing. Like Bret Hart in 1997.

He's not right though given Bryan would probably rather be killing himself in Japan right now. Rusev on the other hand...

Omfg

Was that Miz thing real??

Daniel Looked legit sad and looked like he was going to cry!! And he walked out! Wth??

People are so used to a genuinely shitty product that they get legit shook when wrestlers actually do their jobs.

Fox318

I'm not a fan of Miz but that energy and passion there was fantastic.

He kinda had a moment like that when he talked during tough enough and how nobody in the locker room respected him.

I really think he would be a fantastic manager. But he also doesn't do any favors for himself by never saying no to work. He does every ad and every radio spot. I don't care what anyone else thinks but doing that KFC as while ruins your credibility.

There's more to life than the bread, breh.

Bryan isn't after most material things and he was gonna enroll in ASU to get a degree in Biology or some shit. Now he can't cause he's gotta play GM in a fake sports show. Fuck dude what the hell are they gonna do going forward with this? I mean he's seriously not gonna come back right? Right?! Like what's the next logical step if you can't do that? Jesus this all mental right now.

The truth is D-Bry on Talking Smack is better than the D-Bry we'd be getting on WWE if he was still wrasslin. Need I remind you of his booking when he came back still white hot? Enjoy these moments.

Btw does Daniel Bryan on this show have some Stone Cold podcast like privileges to talk about shit they shouldn't like Lesnar laziness, dissing Universal title name, and now this critizing other wrestlers abilities in the ring

The truth is D-Bry on Talking Smack is better than the D-Bry we'd be getting on WWE if he was still wrasslin. Need I remind you of his booking when he came back still white hot? Enjoy these moments.

Idk man, with how today's product is being booked and the CWC (which i know is it's own thing divorced from the product) there's something in the air in regards to what the brass is doing.

Big One

Banned
To be fair Daniel is pretty much right about the Miz, but at the same time I feel like there's nothing wrong with the Miz's workrate. Afterall Cena and Orton have the same WWE style but they're just much much better at hiding it.

There's more to life than the bread, breh.

Bryan isn't after most material things and he was gonna enroll in ASU to get a degree in Biology or some shit. Now he can't cause he's gotta play GM in a fake sports show. Fuck dude what the hell are they gonna do going forward with this? I mean he's seriously not gonna come back right? Right?! Like what's the next logical step if you can't do that? Jesus this all mental right now.
B6lQhyG.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
No, clearly Miz was right. D Bry was insulting him. D Bry put all the focus on the titles except his. D Bry is still salty about Miz being his pro from NXT. D Bry insulted his clean as a whistle victory two nights ago.

Everything Miz responded with was true as well. He does care more than most. He hasn't been seriously injured in a decade. His style is safe! He didn't break his promise!

It also wasn't one of those heel promos where the heel is right but also not being a heel, which the WWE does all the time. Miz can do both simultaneously.

They need to tweak a few things to the Miz in regards to in ring style and let him get another run as a top heel down the road. That was god tier mic work. He has been really good for about two years now.

Fox318

That promo was also a prime example of how scripting is killing or has killed the business.

Imagine if Roman came out and said the same thing?

Wrestling should have that edge where there's realism blended into the work. The Brock bloody beat down could have been done better but the idea was great. HHH did it better with Zayn and Owens in NXT.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Btw does Daniel Bryan on this show have some Stone Cold podcast like privileges to talk about shit they shouldn't like Lesnar laziness, dissing Universal title name, and now this critizing other wrestlers abilities in the ring

If there's one thing Vince loves in this world besides HBK and vascular dudes it is setting his underlings at each other. He loves competition. The same thing happened in the original brand split, lots of shit talking. All of D-Bry's insults tonight besides those leveled with Miz were dissing raw.

Also he's literally been feuding with Miz since he first entered NXT.

cordy

Banned
Miz's promo's the damn truth. The fact is, people rag on guys wrestling safe and thinks it's boring but damn look at who has the titles now? Miz, Ambrose, guys who wrestle safe as hell and are reliable.

Real shit.

To be fair Daniel is pretty much right about the Miz, but at the same time I feel like there's nothing wrong with the Miz's workrate. Afterall Cena and Orton have the same WWE style but they're just much much better at hiding it.
Miz isn't 't wrong either, though. It's not like everyone is forced to wrestle the high-risk style that can turn you injury prone. I'm not gonna fault Miz for choosing to wrestle the safe but still good style if he feels it keeps him from ending his career early.

Miz just cut a better promo than Flair everbdid. WOOO!

THAT'S HOW YOU GRAB THE BRASS RING, GIVE HIM THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP RIGHT NOW!

Ok, maybe not now but again.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose? Really???

?

Ambrose's style is pretty damn safe. Why do you think he hasn't been injured? You can rag on how he wrestles and even say he sucks but the guy's damn safe. That suicide dive he does is probably the safest one out of all the guys on the roster.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Miz's in ring stuff has been improving over the last two years as well. Even I was getting sick of him during that let's give him the figure four era, but most of his matches lately have been at least good or very good if his opponent is great.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Just watched it again. lol so good. Honestly I've never been a big fan of Miz. On the mic or in the ring. Dude got my attention big time tonight with that promo tho.

Miz was sort of speechless not getting words out near the end reminscient of Touch Enough choke, so doubt Daniel Bryan walk off was planned. Miz looked emotional too dude looking like he was going cry.
Daniel Bryan mixed storyline and in ring criticism and chose the word coward to define how safe The Miz takes his in ring approach. Dude called him a coward with his wife right there.
Come on Daniel.

Fox318

They need to tweak a few things to the Miz in regards to in ring style and let him get another run as a top heel down the road. That was god tier mic work. He has been really good for about two years now.
He isn't athletic enough to work with most guys. That Extreme Rules match with him was him coming and being the foil for the fans and having to use sneaky moves to win. It can work but it can get a little stale if he doesn't evolve it like Y2J.

Honestly if he ever did have the time off he should go and work with Nattie or even a catch school just to add a little sense of pain to his moves.

Right now does anyone really feel physically threatened by the Miz? When he stands next to many he lacks an a physical presence and he lacks and aura that this man means business. That doesn't have to conflict with being the chicken shit heel or being the guy who of Brock was elbowing in the face people would be demanding Brock go on.

Top Bottom