• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Fantomex

Miz/Owens/Rollins/AJ are all cut from The CLIQ cloth. They will die for their craft. You can tell they wish they could take it back to Roddy Piper hitting Snuka with a coconut.

Indelible

Goddamn that was a great promo from the Miz, I knew he was good on the mic but I had no idea he had that bottled up inside.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose has a pretty safe style although I'm not sure if it's fully intentional. Literally the reason why his suicide dive looks so shit is that he barely grazes his opponent. Plus look at them punches.

It's intentional according to a Foley interview where he called Ambrose's style "disturbingly poetic, the way he moves is so fluid." People see him acting all frantic but it's that way for a reason it seems. He could tighten his moves up, he could make them different but that really wouldn't fit his character. Tons of legends have given him comments towards his ringwork.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Miz's promo is the best one he's ever done. Fantastic work. And yes... New Kayfabe

snaRmLj.gif

Instead of talking down at people invested in the product and how they got 'worked' when that was clearly the intention by the entertainers, Why not be impressed they were able to put on a good enough show that people are 'marking out' once again, friends.

Fox318

I'll say this Miz is the Heel Ambrose.

A good to great promo whose ring work either by lenght in the business or pedigree is worse than it should be.

They do angles that often contribute to their charcter losing believability and heat.

They have body that doesn't stand out. (At least Miz dresses like a Main Event player)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Instead of talking down at people invested in the product and how they got 'worked' when that was clearly the intention by the entertainers, Why not be impressed they were able to put on a good enough show that people are 'marking out' once again, friends.

Funny thing is, Talking Smack was already really good tonight BEFORE Miz came on. It just got great afterwards.

It's just in general a good idea.

rrc1594

I don't see it as a bad thing just rare to see people in here optimistic

Miz's promo's the damn truth. The fact is, people rag on guys wrestling safe and thinks it's boring but damn look at who has the titles now? Miz, Ambrose, guys who wrestle safe as hell and are reliable.

Real shit.
Guys on the Internet swear up and down they would go all out and wrestle flashy and shit but they don't realize all that bullshit is going to have them in a wheelchair or one fall away before being paralysed. Look at their flippy shit Jesus Will Ospreay, he's going to be finishing off his career in a wwe video game if he keeps his shit up.

cordy

Banned
SD and Talking Smack just trample Raw and whatever else they do. Just overall fun.
Guys on the Internet swear up and down they would go all out and wrestle flashy and shit but they don't realize all that bullshit is going to have them in a wheelchair or one fall away before being paralysed. Look at their flippy shit Jesus Will Ospreay, he's going to be finishing off his career in a wwe video game if he keeps his shit up.

Yeah it's sad. That stuff really wears your body down and honestly Will will probably be retired before he enters the WWE if he keeps that shit up. That crazy style just doesn't help in the long run. If it did everybody would be doing it and they wouldn't force them to change their style in the WWE. Finn even made a comment like that last week.

MG310

Now show that tape to Dolph anytime he thinks any of his whiny out of breath "night in, night out" promos are passionate.

Fox318

Randy Orton is the safest wrestler in the WWE.
Again that is a bad thing. He has no confidence in his shoulders at all.
Kane is the safest wrestler.

Safe shouldn't be the word for Miz and his work.

Miz is the guy who walks up to the plate to hit and fouls it off every time. He isn't going for the fences not is he letting the pitch go by. He just does the bare minimum to make contact.

I'll say this Miz is the Heel Ambrose.

A good to great promo whose ring work either by lenght in the business or pedigree is worse than it should be.

They do angles that often contribute to their charcter losing believability and heat.

They have body that doesn't stand out. (At least Miz dresses like a Main Event player)
Are you implying that Ambrose is good to great at promos?!?

Fantomex

That's what I'm saying. Can we take it back to Razors abdominal stretch? Andersons Spine Buster? The Barbarians Power Slam? You ain't gotta die like Jeff Hardy to put on a show!

was that a shoot?
There was definitely a moment when Miz got legitimately flustered when Bryan said he wrestled soft. Miz isn't that good of an actor and after the low blows to Bryan, he quickly worked it back in to a promo. Both guys struck a nerve with each other. I liked it. Need more of that even with as well as SD is doing.

Miz is a heat magnet. He's really stepped up the ball since his return I believe last year. He's a heat magnet that continually gets people over in feuds like Sandow. This is also what you get when you let guys go out there and be themselves instead of scripted.

UraMallas

There was definitely a moment when Miz got legitimately flustered when Bryan said he wrestled soft. Miz isn't that good of an actor and after the low blows to Bryan, he quickly worked it back in to a promo. Both guys struck a nerve with each other. I liked it. Need more of that even with as well as SD is doing.

The best promos tell the truth.

cordy

Banned
That's what I'm saying. Can we take it back to Razors abdominal stretch? Andersons Spine Buster? The Barbarians Power Slam? You ain't gotta die like Jeff Hardy to put on a show!

Preach.

Are you implying that Ambrose is good to great at promos?!?

Promos are his best area.

I mean he even said on that Austin podcast that only recently has he been given any freedom with promos and that promo he cut on Dolph weeks ago was razor sharp. That promo he cut on Austin was straight gutter. Austin looked pissed lol.

impirius

That Miz promo was fantastic. The only bad part was cutting away to reaction shots a couple of times; it should have stayed on the two-shot as soon as Miz started yelling
In non worked shoot news I heard a new Women's and Tag team championship were unveiled

*goes to look*

This is what happens when you let Ed Boon design the title belts

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm betting it was entirely planned. These two have had great interactions for years. Remember D-Bry has had a beef with The Miz since his days on the NXT reality show.

MG310

The Smackdown Live belts look way better. Even the tag belts have been upgraded from atrocious to bad.

And hey, who did Slater get to be his tag partner? I watched the belt unveiling and wanna know.

Rhyno wanted to help him pay for his above ground pool.

The Smackdown Live belts look way better. Even the tag belts have been upgraded from atrocious to bad.

And hey, who did Slater get to be his tag partner? I watched the belt unveiling and wanna know.

What if I told you he approached none other than ARN ANDERSON?!?!?

And was declined, so he teamed up with Rhyno

Ryno.

I feel like the crowd thought it was Joe when they just showed the taped up hand on Heaths shoulder.

Top Bottom