• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just watched the promo. Hooooooooly shit Miz be killing it!

Just watched it again, can it be next week already?

KingBroly

Banned
That has to be the best promo of the year. Like...damn. It felt unscripted too, because Miz was just repeating shit, stumbling and visibly upset.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
The Miz

Q3vvcQm.jpg

Hasney

That has to be the best promo of the year. Like...damn. It felt unscripted too, because Miz was just repeating shit, stumbling and visibly upset.

Oh yeah, it tapped into something real on both sides. I mean, Bryan was saying what Miz has heard for over a decade now, so he just used that.

Easy booking from here though. Hand picked #1 contenders with Rhyno for Backlash, Kane for No Mercy (I don't want to see this either, don't hurt me) with Mix winning and then a mystery opponent for Survivor Series where fat man walking trombone hits and Samoa Joe comes out.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy shit, Miz went straight for the jugular.

And yeah, everyone that knows how Bryan feels about having to retire and how he looked at Miz knows that walkout wasn't a work, or rather, the walkout might have been scripted, but there was legit emotion by Bryan there. And Miz had tears in his eyes at the end, so he knew that stung Daniel, I think. Half work/Half shoot is the best promo material, fire all the writers, let wrestlers do their own stuff and voila, magic.

Hasney

the term "bingo hall" used

in 2016

They still work there in 2016.

You think Bryan is legit upset right now? Because I definitely think he is

Holy shit, Miz went straight for the jugular.

And yeah, everyone that knows how Bryan feels about having to retire and how he looked at Miz knows that walkout wasn't a work, or rather, the walkout might have been scripted, but there was legit emotion by Bryan there. And Miz had tears in his eyes at the end, so he knew that stung Daniel, I think. Half work/Half shoot is the best promo material, fire all the writers, let wrestlers do their own stuff and voila, magic.

Well yeah, they both tapped into the shit that gets to them, like calling the Miz not great in the ring due to his style. But let's not get this twisted, they both knew the talking points of what was going to be said. There's no way a company man like Miz would shoot like that off the hip about someone he gets along with, let alone WWE maybe not liking the content if it wasn't a work.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well yeah, they both tapped into the shit that gets to them, like calling the Miz not great in the ring due to his style. But let's not get this twisted, they both knew the talking points of what was going to be said. There's no way a company man like Miz would shoot like that off the hip about someone he gets along with, let alone WWE maybe not liking the content if it wasn't a work.

Of course it's a work, but it's shoot enough to put seeds of doubt in people's heads and that's when wrestling feuds are at their best. When you're wondering, even when you know it's a work because everything logical tells you it is, whether just a bit of what was said was real. That's what made CM Punk so good, he always made you wonder like that, and it's been missing from most of wrestling ever since.

Every once in a while, though, someone hits that note, but I don't think I've seen it done this well in a long time. Well done, Miz.

Hasney

Of course it's a work, but it's shoot enough to put seeds of doubt in people's heads and that's when wrestling feuds are at their best. When you're wondering, even when you know it's a work because everything logical tells you it is, whether just a bit of what was said was real. That's what made CM Punk so good, he always made you wonder like that, and it's been missing from most of wrestling ever since.

Every once in a while, though, someone hits that note, but I don't think I've seen it done this well in a long time. Well done, Miz.

Yeah, was a pipe bomb like promo which they never get to do unless you whine enough like Punk or do it for some internet-only thing.

Just looking back over the last couple of pages makes me think we could have a bunch of people ready to go full Jericho.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
You think Bryan is legit upset right now? Because I definitely think he is

I think hes been legit pissed about his situation for a very long time and told Miz it was OK to use it and go nuts.

Let's get Miz into a big program with Seth to see how long his no injury streak lasts.

Renee's reactions went a long way in selling Miz/Bryan confrontation.

Aiii

So not worth it
Renee's reactions went a long way in selling Miz/Bryan confrontation.

Really? Her reactions were pretty bad, she can't really act. She'd be better off doing it JR style and not be informed of the script. She's a great interviewer, so it's not like she would need a script. Just give her the bullet points and get a more natural reaction.

Hasney

I thought she sold it well. Looked really concerned at the end.

Miz telling Renee it was a great show went a long way too. because a normal promo would heel everything, but he was only grilling on man right there.

Mauro and Renee have both confirmed that the Raw and SD sets used this week are the permanent sets. Good news, because I really love them both and I think they are a big improvement over what it was before.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Yeah honestly Renee looked legit concerned in a few shots imo. I'm sure she knew it was a work. WWE sure is going all in on this shoot gimmick (aka nu-kayfabe)

I love it though haha. Makes things interesting for now.

Some of the reactions online are hilarious. D-Bry essentially saying what the smarks who are calling him an asshole have been saying for years.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bryan isn't wrong when he said Miz is afraid of getting hit though.

Miz hasn't caught someone doing a dive in 10 years.
Well you can either let others injure themselves or you can break all their shit like Seth does. Which is the bigger evil here tho

Top Bottom