• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Hasney

Miz shooting on concussion sufferers and leaving them like

Gwfth5X.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Doink squashing X-Pac pre 1-2-3 is really fun. There's even a very quiet, brief 'Doink' chant. And I loved how Kid bumped off the turnbuckle
ioiojjiooji7ckuv.gif

rewerwrewozkan.gif

regtrereg9wjgi.gif

ttrtgrtrtrh0mkda.gif

trtgrtrgtretrehv3kxk.gif

Miz continues to be money.

I don't get why everyone is so obsessed as to whether shit is a shoot or not, I mean shit, between Poppin', Lesnar and Miz everyone's looks like they're trying to jump on quick to conclude what's 'real'. But who cares? Unless if you're super invested in backstage politics just watch the show and let everything play out. These days they're getting better and better at playing to the fan's emotions and that's great because it creates some fantastic moments. Why spend all the time freaking out if something is kayfabe or not?

The shoot gifs are welcome however, may they continue.

That Miz promo is fucking amazing. One of the best promos i've ever seen.

It's incredible. This is what Smackdown could become: the show where people are let off their leashes a little. I love Talking Smack. That is, after only a few weeks, my favourite part of the wrestling week.

KingBroly

Banned
It's incredible. This is what Smackdown could become: the show where people are let off their leashes a little. I love Talking Smack. That is, after only a few weeks, my favourite part of the wrestling week.

It's interesting how Raw started off so well and Smackdown didn't, but now Smackdown's pulling ahead.

Miz basically saying, "My style didn't lead me to an early retirement" is the most wig-snatching moment in the year of our Lord and savior 2016.

Having this not leading Bryan to coming back is just too bad. Cause you know it can't happen at all. He will never come back ever. One hundred percent done-zo. Never in a million years. Clearly me saying this a thousand times will totally not change a thing. What? Why are you all looking at me like that?

On the real, Bryan's not coming back out of this. He was giving the rub to Miz as a notch to his badge on becoming the realest motherfucker on the planet and god damn I am looking forward to what's next.

Shit. Probably shit.

It reminds me of when Heyman was on the Stone Cold Podcast and decided to poke the rattlesnake. Real Ass Stone Cold showed up and got everyone pumped to for a Brock vs Austin match that will never happen.

As for the promo tonight. I hopped on the Miz train right around WrestleMania this year. I've been hard on him in the past, accusing him of being the prototype generic wrestler that occupied much of the WWE roster for a period of time. You know, the guys all wearing similar trunks, coming out to same outdated post grunge entrance music with the same stupid lyrics, all wrestling the same boring matches while the fans were latching on to stars from the attitude era because they were the only ones to have a personality.

Somewhere around WrestleMania, the Miz really started to put it together for me. He's always had decent mic skills, but he also seemed to have fine tuned his ring work and especially his character. Instead of tuning out during segments he was involved in, I actually became interested when he would show up. It's telling that while in a feud with Cesaro, Owens, and Sami that I was cool with the Miz holding the title.

His promo tonight just proves how dedicated he is to improving even further. I believe I'm game for him to have a main event run again.

Whoever produces Talking Smack needs to be positioned on actual Smackdown if they are not already. Smackdown already has a good unique feel, but if they could bring some of the edge of Talking Smack to the main show itself Smackdown would be amazing.

klonere

Banned
I really want an Ambrose vs Miz feud. I want it really badly. Two polar opposite characters and personalities with the ability to cut a promo. Who gives a fuck about match quality, we've got AJ et al. to do that.

kiguel182

Great Miz promo. Just awesome stuff.

I mean, Bryan was right that Miz is boring as hell in the ring and it's the epitome of sawft. But the Miz promo was great if maybe not heelish enough.

I love this half shoot half kayfabe stuff.

kiguel182

Bryan isn't wrong when he said Miz is afraid of getting hit though.

Miz hasn't caught someone doing a dive in 10 years.

That's what was so great about it. Bryan isn't wrong and Miz went all defensive while at the same time making Bryan feel like crap because they don't let him wrestle.

And we all know that if he could Bryan would be in the ring right now. Injuries or no injuries.

Miz is a great entertainer but a shit wrestler. And Bryans passion is wrestling. That's why those two are great together.

The only sad part about this is that Bryan really hates the fact he can't wrestle so it cuts deep.

jwhit28

Bryan's character is weird. He's the GM but has the fans point of view. He called his longest reigning champion and a guy he drafted a boring coward, without bringing up that he just drafted him for the IC title if that's the case. Oh well, if they do spotlight this and continue on, my guess is that it will be Cena that will come out and defend Bryan for not backing down and playing it safe and then bragging about how much more brave he is while still being around all the time.

Hasney

Bryan's character is weird. He's the GM but has the fans point of view. He called his longest reigning champion and a guy he drafted a boring coward, without bringing up that he just drafted him for the IC title if that's the case.

He's already said that he drafted him specifically for the belt almost every week of Talking Smack. Gotta follow the program, my friend.

jwhit28

He's already said that he drafted him specifically for the belt almost every week of Talking Smack. Gotta follow the program, my friend.

Yeah I'm new to Talking Smack. Only got the Network again for Summerslam. A recap package of the thing brewing over the last few weeks on Smackdown would be nice.

Aiii

So not worth it
What is good about Smackdown is that everyone is taking seriously. Nobody is just a guy, everyone has a character and a storyline, even former jobbers like Slater get to be a character.

After the first month I am going to have to say Smackdown has the edge for me.

So, I'm guessing that new set is the permanent one now? Have they stopped creating video packages for their entrances?

Hasney

After the first month I am going to have to say Smackdown has the edge for me.

So, I'm guessing that new set is the permanent one now? Have they stopped creating video packages for their entrances?

Set is permanent yeah. Heh, didn't even notice there was no video and it just had an animation on the screen.

WWE 2k17 gonna be so out of date when it launches.

I wonder what's next for Doph "Don't Tread on Me" Ziggler.

He's the next HBK!!!

So a 30 day holiday for drugs.

Set is permanent yeah. Heh, didn't even notice there was no video and it just had an animation on the screen.

WWE 2k17 gonna be so out of date when it launches.

They just added back the ability to create video packages for entrances. lol. WWE is just trolling them at this point.

Happy 71st Birthday Vince McMahon, thank you for Hulkamania.

yVFTBrM.gif

Edit - corrected the birthday, 70th was last year was it not? Eh, happy birthday whichever one it is.

Top Bottom