• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Hasney

Time for final suspension bets. They must be coming today, surely, but now we have the hindsight of the shows, so:

Let's make Suspension Bets. You get 3 people to pick.

1. Sami Zayn
2. Neville
3. (this breaks my heart) Rusev

I don't buy Rusev. They'd have had Reigns squash him and take his belt, surely.

I'm going with

Dana Brooke
Baron Corbin
Apollo Crews

Changed my last one from Titus to Apollo since he wasn't featured on SD at all.

bigkrev

God, that Miz promo makes me even more angry that the guy has basically never improved in the ring from 2008. He has main event charisma and promo ability, but I never want to watch his matches. He'd have been the next Bobby Heenan if this was the 80s :(

MG310

Time for final suspension bets. They must be coming today, surely, but now we have the hindsight of the shows, so:

Changed my last one from Titus to Apollo since he wasn't featured on SD at all.

They also didn't follow up on Kallisto/Corbin at all though Corbin did show up in the AJ/Dolph backstage segment.

Wow, I mentioned to my wife last week Talking Smack seems like where all the fun happens I wish we had that on TV here.... damn Miz! It really feels like D-Bry and Shane have everyone raising their game.

Also daaamn Maryse. <3

Chamber

love on your sleeve
God, that Miz promo makes me even more angry that the guy has basically never improved in the ring from 2008. He has main event charisma and promo ability, but I never want to watch his matches. He'd have been the next Bobby Heenan if this was the 80s :(

If Miz ever got another main event push, Wrassle-GAF would turn heel on him faster than they did Demon Finn. He's just the popular back-up quarterback, friend.

"Glenn Gilbernetti &#8207;@TheRealDisco 6h6 hours ago
If Daniel Bryan took wrestling lessons from Miz instead of criticizing his style he'd still be in the ring today."

SWERVE

Miz is that upset because he is the biggest one of those disappointed Daniel Bryan fans he mentioned, the ones D-Bry promised he would be back in the ring but then never did because 'they' said he can't.

Miz knows the digs at him are simply defenses mechanisms, something D-Bry uses to mask the hurt of not being able to do the thing he was born to do.

It's killing Miz seeing Bryan around again but not being able to wrestle because he knows it means so much to everyone. That promo was born of true feels.

"YOU PROMISED YOU'D BE BACK MAN, YOU PROMISED!"

*cries*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Glenn Gilbernetti &#8207;@TheRealDisco 6h6 hours ago
If Daniel Bryan took wrestling lessons from Miz instead of criticizing his style he'd still be in the ring today."
Eh, probably. Disco ain't wrong.

Hasney

Oh, Bryan would be wrestling all right, but it sure as hell wouldn't be in a WWE ring.

If Bryan wrestled like the Miz he never would have become one of the top rising names on the indies in the early 2000's, never would have gone to Japan, never would have reached the top in a promotion like Ring of Honor, never would have developed an international reputation as one of the best technical wrestlers in the world and never would have been signed by WWE because he was simply too short and had little in the way of natural charisma.

Bryan without his superfluous technical wrestling is just some fucking schmo, the likes of which WWE regularly chewed up and spat out by the dozen in the mid-2000's. Fuck off, Disco.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Bryan would be wrestling all right, but it sure as hell wouldn't be in a WWE ring.

If Bryan wrestled like the Miz he never would have become one of the top rising names on the indies in the early 2000's, never would have gone to Japan, never would have reached the top in a promotion like Ring of Honor, never would have developed an international reputation as one of the best technical wrestlers in the world and never would have been signed by WWE because he was simply too short and had little in the way of natural charisma.

Bryan without his superfluous technical wrestling is just some fucking schmo, the likes of which WWE regularly chewed up and spat out by the dozen in the mid-2000's. Fuck off, Disco.
No doubt, but Disco is right, you gotta admit!

Now, had Bryan adopted this "soft style" once he hit WWE, he would have seen reduced success as well, but to how much of a degree?

Hasney

So is The Miz not being a main eventer another thing we can blame on Dwayne Johnson then

Eh, probably his in-ring ability too. In terms of actually watching Miz matches, this means I'll actually skip back to watch the finish rather than skip the match entirely.

miserable

#BROKEN Matt Hardy &#8207;@MATTHARDYBRAND 6h6 hours ago
#SenorBenjamin is the Hispanic Walter White.

He is the danger.

He is the one who rakes.

@BenjaminSenor

Luschient

Leaving Youtube after that promo like
giphy.gif

Bryan will have his revenge on Miz via his good buddy Kane, we need to work him back into Smackdown somehow after they missed a prime opportunity with Slater to continue his tag team domination.

Hasney

SHE HAS THE VOICE OF AN ANGEL.

I will fight you, Hasney, I will!

For some reason, her voice just reminds me of that girl Joey was dating in Friends that kept hitting him.

And since I haven't watched Friends since it aired, I don't know how she unlocked that memory.

Now, had Bryan adopted this "soft style" once he hit WWE, he would have seen reduced success as well, but to how much of a degree?

If you compare the way Bryan was working in 2008 to his early WWE stuff, he definitely did adopt a softer style - he was wrestling more like 2006 Bryan, the technical wizard. That was largely how he worked as a heel in WWE a few years later as well - to my mind, it wasn't until he started working with bigger guys and turning face that his style became reckless again. They always went on about how it was his "explosiveness" that made him so appealing to the audience, but chaining together all his high spots into one big sprint seemed to cause him far too many problems, unfortunately it was also what elevated him to the next level in the audience's eyes. So much so that when he returned from injury, he obviously felt he'd be letting the fans down if he reverted a safer style. Dumb.

Remember this gem

CqoHawtVYAAtsBr.jpg:small

What a coincidence, I just brought up yesterday to my boss that there once was a one legged wrestler in the WWE. He didn't believe me, so he ended up youtubing old clips. Had to explain to him the whole Mr. America deal too that was going on at the time.

Well I got raw on my dvr since 5/2 to watch. I guess I could go back further on hulu. I think I missed everything between WM and now. Then there's all the smackdowns. I'll prob start them in July.

Anth0ny

miz needs to cut a couple more scathing promos to assure audiences that it wasn't a one time thing

once he establishes himself as a real shooter, like punk before him, people will really take to him and he'll finally escape IC title hell

Top Bottom