• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

You're making it seem like AJ is going to get breezango their well deserved push.

The Hair Styles Club...

Well now that AJ is a singles star and future champ, guess it's too late to have AJ induct Breezango to the Club and make them a Young Bucks ripoff.

Alucard

Banned
I watched clips form smackdown and I am suprised how good AJ's promo work has gotten and dam heath slater is entertaining

Seriously. Both of these guys have shown promo charisma that I didn't know either one of them had. You certainly wouldn't have known it with AJ's TNA history. His heel work is off the charts right now. And Heath is awesome.

Miz and Bryan was fucking great. I don't care to figure out if it was a work or shoot or whatever dumb wrestling term there is. That was a killer promo and that stuff is what needs to be on TV.

Ronin Ray

Seriously. Both of these guys have shown promo charisma that I didn't know either one of them had. You certainly wouldn't have known it with AJ's TNA history. His heel work is off the charts right now. And Heath is awesome.

Yeah AJ was so bad back then but someone was saying WWE gives the Wrestlers more reps on the mic and things like that which helps. He was always goofy and a little nerdy and I think it's great how he has worked both into his heel persona. If you would have told me in 2006 I would care about AJ outside of the ring with a mic I would have laughed but here we are .

DMczaf

"Glenn Gilbernetti ‏@TheRealDisco 6h6 hours ago
If Daniel Bryan took wrestling lessons from Miz instead of criticizing his style he'd still be in the ring today."

But he'd also have a completely forgetable career with zero memerable moments over an entire decade.

Ithil

Bryan's character is weird. He's the GM but has the fans point of view. He called his longest reigning champion and a guy he drafted a boring coward, without bringing up that he just drafted him for the IC title if that's the case. Oh well, if they do spotlight this and continue on, my guess is that it will be Cena that will come out and defend Bryan for not backing down and playing it safe and then bragging about how much more brave he is while still being around all the time.

You have to remember Bryan's character and Miz' have hated each other since 2010 gameshow NXT.

The Miz is probably in the same boat as Daniel ever since this:

3wErjJU.gif

He just gets away with it because he isn't fucking up the main event with his overness.

Alucard

Banned
AJ wearing the armband during this promo and talking about how people could be "AJ Styles fans" is amazing. This guy is amazing.

I know I'm being worked, but why have Bryan involved this way if he can't wrestle. He's way too blunt about wanting to wrestle again and the WWE not letting him.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
5/2 raw is promo heavy. I like it. They probably don't keep it up eh?

Are you seriously asking us to remember what happened on a episode of Raw that happened 3 months ago for your own enjoyment?

Wouldn't a better idea be going back to that month's thread and follow along?

klonere

Banned
I know I'm being worked, but why have Bryan involved this way if he can't wrestle. He's way too blunt about wanting to wrestle again and the WWE not letting him.

He says that WWE told him "you must do this GM thing" instead of him just sitting out his contract (he was going to do some college courses in biology I believe).

Hasney

We'll see if there's a payoff. I can see shit tons of upsides though as Bryan can take revenge in lots of ways.

klonere

Banned
Dunno why you guys are arguing about who to bring in for Miz to manage when Dean is champ. It's a moot point to management clearly. Plus:

7QNYmFP.png

Alucard

Banned
What I'm thinking/learning as I watch this week's Smackdown...

-The entrance ramp/set is beautiful. I hope they keep it
-The opening segment was perfect. Loved how they started backstage and then went right to the right and didn't waste time on bloated entrances. And hey...a segment with all the guys in the ring was actually compelling
-AJ Styles is fantastic on the mic as a heel
-Heath Slater's story is getting hot. I hope they milk it a liiiittle more and then have him make it to the roster
-I'm not bored by Randy Orton when he actually seems like he cares
-I don't mind the Usos or Ascension on this show. Just keep them to brief, bite-sized matches and segments, and we're golden

Guys I just realised that he's back, he's finally fuckin' back!
ICE COLD MIKE "THE MIZ" MIZANIN!

I think people should stop and consider that the two WWE wrestlers Bryan's legacy is most entwined with are the Miz and Kane, and it's actually great.

Ithil

I totally would be ok with Slater and Rhyno going to the finals of this tag tournament, even over established teams, only to fail at the last minute and leave Slater still without a contract.

I am still pissed they didn't follow through with Sandow actually winning the rights to the Miz gimmick. That would have been a great idea for a couple of months.

Top Bottom