• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Universal belt is uggo
This is it right?
wwe-universal-champion-belt-195841.jpg

This is better
WWE-Universal-Heavyweight-Championship-Belt-Strap-RAW.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
When did they drop "Heavyweight" from the Smackdown belt and decide to just call it the WWE World Championship?

I'm assuming Vince made the call on that in anticipation of small guy AJ's reign.

They initially went back to WWE Champion, and then obviously decided not to bring back the World Heavyweight Championship (because they were going to put it on Finn, who technically qualifies as a cruiserweight).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
still lauging aboutg that jericho/lesnar story

ITS A WORK GOD DAMNIT! ITS A WORK! I hear Vince saying it over and over in my head. The reality will never be as good as what I imagine.

Mine has a whole unit that ties into a keypad you can hook a phone up to and whatnot. I wouldn't even try to replace it. I know I'd cause a short somewhere and start a car fire. One of those in my life is enough.
Keypad? I'm interested to see how this looks tbh.
cant wait for the Gaf meltdown when Deano beats AJ clean

waiting.gif
Same here, I like AJ but he shouldn't win it until the October ppv.

They initially went back to WWE Champion, and then obviously decided not to bring back the World Heavyweight Championship (because they were going to put it on Finn, who technically qualifies as a cruiserweight).
Ahh yes, this is correct. I only really noticed it last night, and it's bugging the hell out of me, because it immediately reminds me of how they dropped the heavyweight part when Rey Mysterio won the belt in 2006.

Anth0ny

Current main roster fave 5:

1. AJ Styles
2. John Cena
3. Kevin Owens
4. Chris Jericho
5. The Miz

Miz might creep up even higher if he drops another PIPE BOMB next week.

Miz segment did nothing for me. That people are excited for it i think says more about creative than it does Miz. It was fine but this is the kind of promo we have seen the likes of Flair and others give for decades

So the best promo in years

bjork

Keypad? I'm interested to see how this looks tbh.

I actually went outside to appease your curiosity

idk where you plug it in if you have one, but you can pick up/hang up with those buttons on the steering wheel and one of the stereo buttons is TEL that puts it in phone mode, so you can dial with the keypad. Otherwise, you can use the keypad for radio station presets, and I don't know what else. I set it to a classical station when I got it and I don't know that I've ever changed it.

Having inverted colors for the Universal HWC is lazy. Why not make the colors universal, or galactic? Mix the colors of violet and black.

I actually went outside to appease your curiosity

idk where you plug it in if you have one, but you can pick up/hang up with those buttons on the steering wheel and one of the stereo buttons is TEL that puts it in phone mode, so you can dial with the keypad. Otherwise, you can use the keypad for radio station presets, and I don't know what else. I set it to a classical station when I got it and I don't know that I've ever changed it.
Ohhh, okay my uncle has that in his car too. I think a lot of BMW and Mercedes are like that.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose/Styles 3-month feud should be great. Let Ambrose lost at Survivor Series and we'll be good. Not sure how long AJ has the belt but guranteed he's not heading into WM with it. He's probably going to lose it to Cena at the Rumble and then watch the WM main event be Cena/Ambrose for the belt to see who the real face is.

Either way Ambrose/Styles will be nice. I loved his "I don't give a fuck" mode last night. From a storyline standpoint why would he given he's not sure who he's even facing? Made sense. I'm going to guess AJ will win due to bullshit like I don't know, Wyatt fucking over Ambrose again and AJ capitalizing and taking the title.

Are we really judging wrestlers on hand picked botch gifs now? I'm sure all your faves have at least as many botches we could post without any substantive argument.

smdh wrassle gaf

Fantomex

Are we really judging wrestlers on hand picked botch gifs now? I'm sure all your faves have at least as many botches we could post without any substantive argument.

smdh wrassle gaf

To that point. Is shitty wrestling and botches the same thing? I would say, NO. Bret or Shawn could botch a suplex or a powerbomb, but they were great wrestlers. All some of us are trying to say is, that Uncle Deano is not a good wrassler.

To your point though, I once tried to find Kevin Owens botches. Couldn't find crap. Coincidentally, the one I did find, had Dean Ambrose in it.
tumblr_npnpomkD9I1rnjfjfo2_r1_400.gif

My Fav Five has the same people but in a different order

1- Kevin Owens
2- AJ Styles
3- John Cena
4- Chris Jericho
5- The Miz

What a marvelous ranking. I haven't seen Talking Smack yet, but right now, I think this order is spot on. Maybe I'll bump The Miz higher after seeing the promo.

All are doing fantastic work at the moment. Talking Smack has been great every time I've watched so far.

Top Bottom