• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

klonere

Banned
Smackdown was fantastic. AJ & Heath Slater as show long focusses? Becky as the true Ace? Ambrose just not caring to egg on critics? Mauro? Talking Smack?

The list goes on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is Gimli/John Rhys-Davies doing in that shot?
He was Irish Terry Conklin's trainer. It's from a movie, the Great White Hype. Story about how a promotion can build a guy into a credible threat even though he isn't one. Yknow, like they're trying to with Punk.

Fantomex

He was Irish Terry Conklin's trainer. It's from a movie, the Great White Hype. Story about how a promotion can build a guy into a credible threat even though he isn't one. Yknow, like they're trying to with Punk.

Sometimes, you need to ease up on the truth Vince. It's not cool.

This is a No Way sign btw

sign9.png

Not sure why they gave him a stop sign

Gonna mix up the fave five posts...

Fave Five underrated WWE entrance themes from the PG era
YOUMANGA
Beth Phoenix
Kofi Kingston
Ken Kennedy
Nexus

Fave Five guilty pleasure WWE entrance themes
Steven Regal
Marcus Cor Von
WWE originals Kurt Angle "I don't suck"
Eric Bischoff
Eve

Fortunately themes are a lot stronger at the moment.

So Blue, when is the Nashtember Thread going up?

How about something fresh and new like...Kanetember? I know you're on my side here Man God, as is Blue

Gonna mix up the fave five posts...

Fave Five underrated WWE entrance themes from the PG era
YOUMANGA
Beth Phoenix
Kofi Kingston
Ken Kennedy
Nexus

Fave Five guilty pleasure WWE entrance themes
Steven Regal
Marcus Cor Von
WWE originals Kurt Angle "I don't suck"
Eric Bischoff
Eve

Fortunately themes are a lot stronger at the moment.

How about something fresh and new like...Kanetember? I know you're on my side here Man God, as is Blue

Nexus theme is pretty great

Cagey

Banned
Without the magic of camera angles, Vin will need five inch risers in his boots to look only partially ridiculous standing next to Rocky.

kiguel182

I think the way they are presenting Punk is interesting. Like him or not this whole story is interesting.

He is a guy with zero experience that is going to give it a try in the biggest stage possible. They aren't hiding the fact he is green as hell. Of course the doc will probably conclude with him improving, because well he has to improve a bit at least! But I doubt they will paint him as a great threat. We will see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have heard great things about Suzuki,but haven't gotten the chance to see any of his matches? Any recommendations?
Suzuki vs AJ Styles, 2014 or 2015, can't remember the year. G1 match. Amazing.

gun_haver

i love the momentum this has gotten and i hope they run with it

i wonder how they would though. this angle has been playing out with the miz since the draft but i figured it wasn't really gonna go anywhere, just maybe that bryan would get involved and stop miz from cheating at some point.

i guess they could still go that way.

you think they'd ever let bryan have one more, or a couple more matches on a super part time basis a bit down the line?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Every year we devote four measly months to the Big Sexy in the Sky. Nashtember, Nashtober, Nashvember (the original Diesel Powered month) and Nashcember.

Who would Bryan bring in that could restore honor to the IC title, really elevate it and push Miz out of his safe comfort zone?
Cl2ZmZE.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Who would Bryan bring in that could restore honor to the IC title, really elevate it and push Miz out of his safe comfort zone?
Cl2ZmZE.png

I look at it this way. The WWE had two failing mid card belts. They decided to simultaneously juice both of them up by putting them on main event caliber talent. One failed, the other succeed beyond anyone's dream.

The one who failed was Daniel Bryan.

The one who succeeded was John Cena.

i wonder how they would though. this angle has been playing out with the miz since the draft but i figured it wasn't really gonna go anywhere, just maybe that bryan would get involved and stop miz from cheating at some point.

i guess they could still go that way.

you think they'd ever let bryan have one more, or a couple more matches on a super part time basis a bit down the line?
I know they won't turn Bryan heel but him giving Miz harder and harder opponents because his feelings are hurt would be fun. As a wrestler he's completely done though.

WWE capitalizing on something lmao
I have unshaken optimism for the SD writing team right now.

Though the last time I had this much optimism for a writing team, Kevin Nash showed up.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I look at it this way. The WWE had two failing mid card belts. They decided to simultaneously juice both of them up by putting them on main event caliber talent. One failed, the other succeed beyond anyone's dream.

Cena didn't succeed long term. The second Cena lost that title it became worthless. They've only recently started to somewhat dig the US title out of the hole Del Rio and Kallisto made.

I mean, yeah.

Even if Bryan didn't get injured it would have been that way. Cena got the open challenge gimmick and Bryan was tasked with putting a returning Sheamus over. You tell me which one was destined for success.

Oooh, I wanna play Fave Five too!

In no particular order

Nakamura
Asuka
AJ Styles
Bray Wyatt (I'll always love him, I don't even care)
Bobby Roode

Honorable mentions:

Rusev
Miz
Charlotte

Top Bottom