• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

VNXiNFU.jpg

Heel

The fact they still can't pay Don West enough to come is but one reason they'll always be the worst

They get Don West to commentate or even just manage someone, and that whole product instantly becomes 50 times more watchable

He's gone, Tom. Living the high life.

CoanuPAVMAQXG2c.jpg

Fox318

Jericho needs to start walking around with a nice teacup of Earl Grey that he daintily sips. He's only scratching the surface of this douche character.
Full hipster?

Will he tell everyone that real fans of music only listen to original print vinal?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
According to this week's Observer the main event for Clash of Champions was going to be Balor vs Kevin Owens leading to a Balors, Owens, Jericho triple threat.

I wish I hadnt read that.

The shittiest thing about the Balor/Owens/Jericho stuff is that it shows that they were actually ready to put on fresh main events, but now circumstances will probably convince them to go back to the same old Roman and Seth stuff.

The shittiest thing about the Balor/Owens/Jericho stuff is that it shows that they were actually ready to put on fresh main events, but now circumstances will probably convince them to go back to the same old Roman and Seth stuff.
Eh, I think they'll pull the trigger on Owens. I don't want him to feud with Jericho though.

Dear WWE:

Stop making everything about the world title picture a fucking threeway or fourway! Just pick two top guys and go with it. Grow a pair.

The triple threat was supposed to be at HIAC which actually would have been a cool different thing for once

So now we'll get Rollins/Reigns yapapi strap match

Eh, I think they'll pull the trigger on Owens. I don't want him to feud with Jericho though.

I really hope they do. I said on Monday I could see him stealing the title next week, but who would he feud with? You can't go back to Sami yet. Cesaro is busy. And Reigns, while the matches would probably be great, would get booed even more against a guy like Owens.

According to this week's Observer the main event for Clash of Champions was going to be Balor vs Kevin Owens leading to a Balors, Owens, Jericho triple threat.
We can still have Owens win next week for Owens vs Jericho to main event Clash of Champions. Jericho helps him win the belt by interfering and he thinks that makes him guaranteed a title match.

giphy.gif

Anth0ny

"main events"

they would have fully treated reigns/rollins as the raw main event above the actual title program involving balor/owens/jericho :/

Fox318

Dear WWE:

Stop making everything about the world title picture a fucking threeway or fourway! Just pick two top guys and go with it. Grow a pair.
They want to get people on the card and showcase that they have names on the card for people to come to.

Frankly they abuse multiman matches. At best they are spot shows like the 4 way at extreme rules but for the most part they use it to protect somebody from a pin.

NJPW is right to avoid them. Plus you don't showcase matchup. Brock is a draw because for so many in the roster he hasn't ever shared the ring with them so there is some curiosity to whomever he faces.

Look at when he faced Kofi. That was such an odd matchup that people tuned in to see what the hell the match would look like.

I really hope they do. I said on Monday I could see him stealing the title next week, but who would he feud with? You can't go back to Sami yet. Cesaro is busy. And Reigns, while the matches would probably be great, would get booed even more against a guy like Owens.
Yeah, they're running out of options. Roman and Rollins need to stay out of the main title picture for a little while though.
Thanks a lot Seth, future killer.
He just had to get his shit in...

"main events"

they would have fully treated reigns/rollins as the raw main event above the actual title program involving balor/owens/jericho :/

I mean, no, we don't know that. We have reason to believe that, but we don't know it for a fact. We have enough legitimate stuff to criticize them over, so let's not delve into hypothetical criticism.

The bottom line is that they were pushing a new top guy and were going to put him in matches with heels that haven't been in the title picture. That's a good thing.

Yeah they sure do a lot of multiman matches. I am curious though with the genders flipped like with the first women's six pack challenge that's set for Backlash. With the smaller roster of only about seven women, that definitely works a lot better than having a tournament or two triple threats to determine who face each other.

Fox318

Four ways nearly always deliver. Triple threats not so much.
There really isn't any pyschology to it other than 2 guys resting outside while the others work a spot or two.then somebody comes in from the outside.

Plus it leads to some stupidity like a year ago during the Reigns-Ambrose-Orton-Seth match where while the person who betrayed them as champion was beaten on the outside they decided to wrestle each other.

If love to see more thought to truces or even performers taking the pin to gain money from the new champ or to screw somebody.

Hell the new Day tried to pin themselves in a tornado tag match.

Dave said:
The ten most watched shows on the WWE Network were an interesting order: 1. NXT Takeover Brooklyn; 2. SummerSlam;
Yeah, they're running out of options. Roman and Rollins need to stay out of the main title picture for a little while though.

He just had to get his shit in...

He knew he was taking a backseat in the scene after the match and took action. Can't believe anybody could still defend him. All the evidence adds up

Tagyhag

Jericho hasn't been a champion in 6 years.

This is his best character work ever. He deserves to win at least one more time.

That's why they always deliver. They're very easy to get the audience behind with near falls, finishers and all that.

Multi-team matches in WWE are crap though. Can anyone point me to one that was dope?
Multi-team matches would be fine if a bit of a mess if they went with a member from each team to be in the ring. Instead even if there are four teams, only two people are in the ring and somehow the other team has to tag themselves in if they're lucky one of the two get close enough for them to tag in.

Fox318

That's why they always deliver. They're very easy to get the audience behind with near falls, finishers and all that.

Multi-team matches in WWE are crap though. Can anyone point me to one that was dope?
They are perfect house show matches but I'm not sure they always help to build a future storyline or even create a star.

Vince probably likes them because he can hide wrestlers inexpierence by just having them come in for the power spots.

Big Cass is going to have many more multiman matches then when he is forced to go into a singles match people won't buy it because he hasnt learned to sell.

Number one thing Brock is good at that he never gets credit on is his ability to sell.

Every E&C/Dudleys/Hardys TLC match if we're going old school, if you want modern I liked that one impromptu one with Hardys/MNM and 2 other teams but can't say I'd recommend it because Mercury's face exploded

Every E&C/Dudleys/Hardys TLC match if we're going old school, if you want modern I liked that one impromptu one with Hardys/MNM and 2 other teams but can't say I'd recommend it because Mercury's face exploded

Oh shit, of course. I was thinking matches where you have to tag in. The whole rule that only 2 people can be in at the same time where theoretically one team might never even get tagged in has always rubbed me the wrong way, even though I get why it's that way.

Summerslam Meltzer ratings.

Smackdown Tag Teams Match - **3/4
Sami Zayn/Neville vs. Dudley's - **
Chris Jericho/Kevin Owens vs. Enzo/Cass - **3/4
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks - **3/4
The Miz vs. Apollo Crews - **
AJ Styles vs. John Cena - ****1/2
The Club vs. The New Day - **
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler - **3/4
Smackdown Womens Tag Team Match - **
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins - ****
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar - ***

NXT Takeover Brooklyn.

Aries vs. Jose **3/4
Moon vs. Kay *1/2
Roode vs. Almas **3/4
Gargano/Ciampa vs. Revival ****1/2
Asuka vs. Bayley ****
Nakamura vs. Joe ****1/4

Oh shit, of course. I was thinking matches where you have to tag in. The whole rule that only 2 people can be in at the same time where theoretically one team might never even get tagged in has always rubbed me the wrong way, even though I get why it's that way.

My favorite exploit of that rule is when the New Age Outlaws both tagged in and one pinned the other so they could retain the tag titles.

I don't know why they've never done that again.

My favorite exploit of that rule is when the New Age Outlaws both tagged in and one pinned the other so they could retain the tag titles.

I don't know why they've never done that again.

Damn, I really don't want to have to admit something involving the New Age Outlaws did was genius.

Fox318

Summerslam Meltzer ratings.

Smackdown Tag Teams Match - **3/4
Sami Zayn/Neville vs. Dudley's - **
Chris Jericho/Kevin Owens vs. Enzo/Cass - **3/4
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks - **3/4
The Miz vs. Apollo Crews - **
AJ Styles vs. John Cena - ****1/2
The Club vs. The New Day - **
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler - **3/4
Smackdown Womens Tag Team Match - **
Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins - ****
Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar - ***

NXT Takeover Brooklyn.

Aries vs. Jose **3/4
Moon vs. Kay *1/2
Roode vs. Almas **3/4
Gargano/Ciampa vs. Revival ****1/2
Asuka vs. Bayley ****
Nakamura vs. Joe ****1/4

The New Day club match should get a negative star.

cordy

Banned
So according to WON...let's recap...if Reigns didn't get a wellness violation...

- He'd still be undefeated and he would have went over Ambrose and Rollins at Battleground
- Reigns/Rollins would have been the main event for Summerslam
- Styles would be the first ever Universal Champion
- Ambrose wouldn't even be a champion yet
- Balor wouldn't have become a champion yet

And had Balor not gotten injured...

- Balor/Owens would have happened in September
- Balor/Owens/Jericho would have happened in October
- Reigns and Rollins would have been kept out of the title picture for a few months

Let all of that sink in. You don't focus a company around 1 guy.

I'm guessing that Styles gets the belt before the year's over, loses it to Cena next year giving Cena his 16th and it'll be Cena/Ambrose at WM.

Also...apparently NXT: Takeover was viewed more on than Summerslam so far on the Network...damn interesting.

Oh no yeah those suck for the most part. Only one I can think of I might recommend is Kane and Mankind winning the tag titles against NAO, D-Lo/Rock, and Austin/Taker on a random Raw (Aug '98)

Cagey

Banned
So according to WON...let's recap...if Reigns didn't get a wellness violation...

- He'd still be undefeated and he would have went over Ambrose and Rollins at Battleground
- Reigns/Rollins would have been the main event for Summerslam
- Styles would be the first ever Universal Champion
- Ambrose wouldn't even be a champion yet
- Balor wouldn't have become a champion yet
All of that would be much better than what happened though.

cordy

Banned
Another reason to be happy about that violation. That belt doesn't have to touch Smackdown.

I wonder how it would have looked had it been on SD. Probably would have looked better given the colors but the WWE World Title is leagues better.

Styles is getting that belt before the year's over but given who Ambrose is I doubt Styles will win clean. Might just be me but I'm pretty damn sure we're getting Ambrose/Cena at WM next year to see who's the real "face that runs the place" on SD. I've noticed that in every segment they've mentioned it they haven't mentioned Ambrose weirdly enough, it's like they're overlooking him for some reason.

Besides that, nobody else on the SD roster is as big enough to face Cena than Ambrose. Probably Ambrose/Cena and Styles/Orton for WM next year.
All of that would be much better than what happened though.

Personal opinion. I didn't wanna see Reigns/Rollins square up again. They need to breathe a bit.

Top Bottom