• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

klonere

Banned
Have young Randy blade, Brock does some ground n pound and then slap on a rear naked and refuse to break. You get the Austin esque visual of Randy passing out while covered in blood. Cash money angle with zero concussion/head trauma or need for staples risk.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pouring blood isn't the important part, that shit just happens. It's superficial, it's effect, not the actual safety of it. Gosh golly gee willickers!

Edit: don't get me wrong, it's a stupid goddamned idea. But Bork held up his end of it and was careful with Randy. No negligence here.

I like Corbin's size and finisher but the dude can't cut a promo at all. Even his backstage vignettes sound like he's reading an eye exam. He was never going to improve any more than he has if he'd stayed down at NXT.

Up to 7/04 raw from 5/2. Gonna start smackdown. I'll sub to wwe network in sept to get all 3 upcoming ppvs in the sweet spot.

I've enjoyed the promos for the most part from everyone.

Fox318

Have young Randy blade, Brock does some ground n pound and then slap on a rear naked and refuse to break. You get the Austin esque visual of Randy passing out while covered in blood. Cash money angle with zero concussion/head trauma or need for staples risk.
I have no idea why they don't use that finish.

Hell I thought that would be the Ambrose finish at mania.

DMczaf

The ten most watched shows on the WWE Network were an interesting order: 1. NXT Takeover Brooklyn; 2. SummerSlam; 3. NXT Takeover Brooklyn preview show; 4. An episode of Holy Foley; 5. SummerSlam kickoff show; 6. Another episode of Holy Foley; 7. Another episode of Holy Foley; 8. Ride Along with Enzo & Cass & Dudleys; 9. WWE 24: Women’s Revolution; 10. Another episode of Holy Foley

Lol

Jamie OD

Cqqn_DNUMAAy8X4.jpg

His match there was so bad he was never brought back.

klonere

Banned
oh yeah, all of those Sandow legendary promos, like the one when... that time he... the one time he like... you know

Jesus I didn't say he was Dusty Rhodes or something I said he could stand in the ring with a live mic and not be a complete disaster. I was comparing him with Baron bloody Corbin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txcrsgw_xlY

I have no idea why they don't use that finish.

Hell I thought that would be the Ambrose finish at mania.

Yeah same. That's what I expected out of that match 100%

Wait, so since they can't trademark it she won't title it as such? A definite lack of LadyBalls imo. Should have stuck to her guns instead of making it a branding excerci- oh wait.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sad seeing holy Foley so high up on the list. Absolutely terrible show.

jmdajr

Smackdown is winning the battle of the brands because of what i pointed out a few weeks ago: that is, the characters are driving the narrative rather than the narrative driving the characters. In RAW, there is a set agenda and the writing is shamelessly written to further that agenda placing its key players into the roles at the end of the process. This is why Roman has been getting heat for the past two years.

In Smackdown, the characters are driving the storyline in a cohesive and organic fashion. Take this past Tuesday, for instance. AJ comes in the back gloating while Ziggles sits with his face buried in his hands after the loss to Leaping Dean Ambrose. The events of this Sunday alongside the reactions from these characters are driving the next step. It's simple, sweet and to the point. Now, every bit leads into a new plot line into every episode. What you are seeing is the equivalent of what comic strips have done in newspapers for years. Show a short panel of lines that tell a story with a beginning, middle and end, that subsequently lead to other events by the next day's panel.

The brilliant thing about this type of writing and booking is that it really does narrow in on the talent to get themselves over to help drive their own personal brand and sell merchandise where as RAW has the process working backwards (who sells merch, write them a cool storyline, have the talent deliver).

That Heath Slater is more over than Reigns in 2016 is surreal and is one of the best reemergence's in the industry alongside Matt Hardy, I dare to say,

It would have been easier to say. "Because Vince isn't involved."

It's possible that he wasn't already involved but the show was handcuffed to side missions. Now they can actually do what they want and put their own talent over.

The WWE got a number of Twitter accounts suspended for posting SummerSlam gifs, including that of Senor Lariato, who would post highlights in gif form for wrestling all over the world. Lariato in particular was considered one of the key people in making New Japan Pro Wrestling popular to a number of American fans.

-Meltzer, last WON.

Don't worry Bootaaay/British Monsoon, I still got love for you <3

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It would have been easier to say. "Because Vince isn't involved."

It's possible that he wasn't already involved but the show was handcuffed to side missions. Now they can actually do what they want and put their own talent over.
Except Vince is involved, 100% in control

2 hours makes a big difference

A big story buried in Da Meltz Sheetz this week

WWE had Okada backstage at Summerslam

Such a big secret it was on Nakamura's Instagram days ago hanging with him and Kenta.

Okada just enjoying the show with his buds. He has backstage last year as well.

Its no secret WWE want that guy though. Didnt Okada sign a multi year deal with NJPW recently after Nakamura and Bullet Club jumped ship?

klonere

Banned
Reminder to not buy the WWE games thnx.

Nah, RAW being 3 hours has nothing to do with why it was awful. If RAW was entertaining, people would not be complaining about how it is 3 hours long.

They had all the talent grouped into that show and could have worked towards writing three hours of good television for all involved but didnt.

If anything, I would reframe the argument to suggest that having an entire roster spread across 5 hours of television programming a week hurt more than the hours , in and of itself, did. That and the writing.

The difference in quality between RAW and Smackdown today isn't the one hour.

2 hours makes it a damn sight easier and that is not something that can be argued. Laying out 3 hours of compelling, scripted TV a week is an unprecedented challenge in the industry.

Aiii

So not worth it

To be fair, "unREAL" perfectly encapsulates the contents of the book, there won't be much truth in there.

However, is this a kayfabenews post? Because I'm confident this trademark already exists:
Unreal (stylized as UnREAL) is an American drama television series that premiered on Lifetime on June 1, 2015.[1]

Hasney

To be fair, "unREAL" perfectly encapsulates the contents of the book, there won't be much truth in there.

However, is this a kayfabenews post? Because I'm confident this trademark already exists:

Well the Lady Balls part is real. They at least tried to trademark it.

Heroman

Banned
Nah, RAW being 3 hours has nothing to do with why it was awful. If RAW was entertaining, people would not be complaining about how it is 3 hours long.

They had all the talent grouped into that show and could have worked towards writing three hours of good television for all involved but didnt.

If anything, I would reframe the argument to suggest that having an entire roster spread across 5 hours of television programming a week hurt more than the hours , in and of itself, did. That and the writing.

The difference in quality between RAW and Smackdown today isn't the one hour.

I dont find anything on smackdown to be particularly good, it has better much pacing cause Im not falling to sleep by 10:30 . It almost impossible to right three of good tv every week no matter how good your roster is.

OMG the story Meltz told on observer radio about Terry Funk trying to Shoot on Hogan because Hogan was bragging about beating funk is a must list on to

Top Bottom