• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

jmdajr

Has character creation in WWE2k games always been slow as shit? I don't know about this things.

Last wrestling game I played extensively was this.

Nesprowrestlingbox.jpg

Has character creation in WWE2k games always been slow as shit? I don't know about this things.

Last wrestling game I played extensively was this.

Nesprowrestlingbox.jpg

The more advanced they made it the longer it started taking. It's nowhere near as fun as the throwing stuff together in something like No Mercy.

For those that love detail I'm sure it's great. I barely use CAW anymore and just download other people's creations.

bjork

Good for Rock with his success, but I really frown at that kinda aw shucks "I started with $7, you can do it too" nonsense.

Without the lineage that he has, WWF never happens and he's just a really charismatic office worker or something, and not everyone is privy to the circumstances he was basically gifted by Vince. I can't deny that he took the ball and ran with it, but I know lots of people with $7 who say some real insightful shit and they still just have $7. So no, they can't do it too. Not without a lot of help.

MC Safety

I'm sure there's a certain aspect of the show attracting a certain kind of die hard fans

I watched some and I'm not die hard by any means.

There are a few amusing moments. Mick Foley rants in his Santa costume and spits out his teeth. His younger sons mock the drunk people at Mick's comedy show. The wife has a creepy doll collection that was hopefully created just for this program.

I stopped at episode three. But I expect the show will settle down into a comfortable routine of punchlines about Frank the clown, guest stars, and Noelle wearing workout gear.

jmdajr

Good for Rock with his success, but I really frown at that kinda aw shucks "I started with $7, you can do it too" nonsense.

Without the lineage that he has, WWF never happens and he's just a really charismatic office worker or something, and not everyone is privy to the circumstances he was basically gifted by Vince. I can't deny that he took the ball and ran with it, but I know lots of people with $7 who say some real insightful shit and they still just have $7. So no, they can't do it too. Not without a lot of help.

Seems fair. Not everyone has a Vince McMahon giving them a shot.

Striker

Triple H is still waiting for him to come back crawling, begging for another chance.

klonere

Banned

Rock's just a smart dude who knows how to appeal to the vacuous, materialistic hellscape that is social media self-promotion. I'm sure he realizes that he had his breaks and some big ones at that but that doesn't play so well into MUH BOOTSTRAPS ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE screaming hashtags at the side of your latest dodgy supplements endorsement photo (a general Instagram thing, not a Rock thing).

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.

Damn
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RfFBnoCL2qU

jmdajr

Rock's just a smart dude who knows how to appeal to the vacuous, materialistic hellscape that is social media self-promotion. I'm sure he realizes that he had his breaks and some big ones at that but that doesn't play so well into MUH BOOTSTRAPS ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE screaming hashtags at the side of your latest dodgy supplements endorsement photo (a general Instagram thing, not a Rock thing).

It's like a cycle. You have people that look incredible on Instagram with massively long posts about working hard/success, when in fact they need those posts to be successful themselves because being fit alone doesn't do diddly. You need followers and endorsements.

"You see this great ass? Work for and it and drink MyoPlexFitProX."

Hasney

Yeah, #IOnlyHad7DollarsThenIRememberedMyDadWasAWrestlerSoIMadeACallToGetTrainedThenStillWorkedHardButThatLittleBreakMadeEverythingYouCanDoItTooDependingOnYoDaddy isn't a great hashtag

Lothar

Banned
I'm happy for Nikki to come back as a top face after putting in the work to return from injury. She deserves it. The fans appreciated her returning. She's not bad in the ring. She tries. And who knows how long how her body will hold up.

Plus she has the best entrances.

jmdajr

Has any celebrity ever inspired you do do anything?

Self motivation is the only way I've ever done anything. It's never been, "If it wasn't for so and so, I wouldn't be where I am now"

Have I bought the workout Encyclopedia by Arnold, or a DDP yoga etc? Sure. We all need knowledge and some kind of instruction to get started.

But for me it's never been more than, "Fuck, I need to get and shape and have some decent health and looks."

bjork

Self motivation is the only way I've ever done anything. It's never been, "If it wasn't for so and so, I wouldn't be where I am now"

Have a bought the workout Encyclopedia by Arnold, or a DDP yoga etc? Sure. We all need knowledge and some kind of instruction to get started.

But or me it's never been more than, "Fuck, I need to get and shape and have some decent health and looks."

Nope. It's been the opposite for me. I've seen people get cut down from cancer in their 20s and I'm like "Absolutely nothing matters when you get down to it. I'm riding til the end, but I'm not controlling this ride at all."

Hasney

I'm perfectly fine with Nikki being top face. SD PPV cards would look too good otherwise and when else would I go for a piss?

Oh wait, The Miz. Nah, I'd rather have Becky on top.

klonere

Banned
Yeah, #IOnlyHad7DollarsThenIRememberedMyDadWasAWrestlerSoIMadeACallToGetTrainedThenStillWorkedHardButThatLittleBreakMadeEverythingYouCanDoItTooDependingOnYoDaddy isn't a great hashtag

Nepotism doesn't sell apparently. Neither does talking about a previous career in the CFL.

Have I bought the workout Encyclopedia by Arnold, or a DDP yoga etc? Sure. We all need knowledge and some kind of instruction to get started.

But or me it's never been more than, "Fuck, I need to get and shape and have some decent health and looks."

No, its all bullshit to me. Just do it is the greatest marketing slogan of all time for a reason. Cos, just fucking do it.

But he, the cult of personality is strong and none of us are particularly innocent of being involved in it. Some people just tend to get really wrapped up in it.

imBask

Banned

If I gave a shit about my surroundings, i'd be a crossfit sheep by now. But I don't, I just eat well and walk a lot and I don't see the need to go to the gym

jmdajr

I wouldn't be able to do crossfit even if I wanted to. Just not durable enough. And that's fine. I do what I can and I know what I can do at my own pace. The heart rate monitor tells me I'm working hard so I'm not just fooling myself either. My session is basically a mix of every physically therapy exercise I have ever learned. Shit from shoulder, to knees, to my back. Luckily I've at least been able to fix myself with that alone.

Anth0ny

But for me it's never been more than, "Fuck, I need to get and shape and have some decent health and looks."

yeah arnold made me want to get jacked

I also respect how how he worked in bodybuilding, which led to his success as an actor and later in politics.

now I just need some JUICE

Top Bottom