• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Hasney

5pywf0t.gif

Alucard

Banned
I feel like people are overplaying Smackdown's quality since the brand split. This week's episode was the first legit "great show." Otherwise, it's been mixed and sometimes tepid as usual. That said, I hope they maintain the momentum from this week. People are talking up Smackdown based off one really good show.

Hasney

I feel like people are overplaying Smackdown's quality since the brand split. This week's episode was the first legit "great show." Otherwise, it's been mixed and sometimes tepid as usual. That said, I hope they maintain the momentum from this week. People are talking up Smackdown based off one really good show.

I've enjoyed every Smackdown since the split. They were all great. Not saying they're CWC great and there's no Lucha right now to help it, but it's the best main roster WWE TV in a damn long time.

Already stopped watching Raw bar the highlights. Will be back for the cruisers.

Minus the first episode which was kind of eh, I've enjoyed the hell out of Smackdown each week ever since and don't think any episodes since the first have been mixed in terms of how good it was.

As far as match quality goes. The tag match and the Dolph/AJ match has made it the first great episode of just wrestling.

Storyline wise? Nah it's been top notch entertaining since the 2nd episode of the split.

Alucard

Banned
I've enjoyed every Smackdown since the split. They were all great. Not saying they're CWC great and there's no Lucha right now to help it, but it's the best main roster WWE TV in a damn long time.

Already stopped watching Raw bar the highlights. Will be back for the cruisers.

Minus the first episode which was kind of eh, I've enjoyed the hell out of Smackdown each week ever since and don't think any episodes since the first have been mixed in terms of how good it was.

Fair enough, gang. I will say I'm interested in the WWE for the first time since Summerslam 2015, so Smackdown is doing something right.

Oersted

Randy Orton reportedly did not know the finish to his match at SummerSlam until he showed up at the arena that night. According to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Brock Lesnar’s legitimate elbow strikes to Orton’s head and the TKO finish were done in an effort to make fans believe Lesnar went off-script.

Orton was reportedly told that Lesnar knows how to graze him with an elbow and draw blood without seriously hurting him. The elbow ended up being more than a graze, and Orton required ten staples to close the cut. Orton stayed down acting like he was knocked out, which was in the script.

Medical personnel and the referee acted confused because while they knew Lesnar was going over, they weren’t filled in on the details of the elbow “graze.”

According to Meltzer, Orton was told to do it by the company and didn’t complain publicly, but didn’t seem thrilled by it and won’t be doing that kind of favor again.

bjork

I have to go outside and take care of the yards now. It's gonna get up to 93F here, so I'm not looking forward to it. Had an extra long shift at work last night/this morning, then a lady backed into my car on the way home. No damage as it was close and very slow, but still. I want to just finish this yardwork, take a cold ass shower, and then pass out for like 10 hours.

jmdajr

This can't be real! lol!

Stephanie McMahon fines Brock Lesnar $500

Brock Lesnar’s brutal SummerSlam main event assault on Randy Orton has cost The Beast Incarnate $500.

Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon confirmed on Monday night that Lesnar would face repercussions for his vicious actions against The Viper at The Biggest Event of the Summer. The WWE Universe learned on Tuesday’s SmackDown Live Pre-Show that the $500 fine was set by Stephanie.

Is the fee enough to satiate SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon’s peace of mind for the heinous act inflected upon one of his show’s top Superstars? Is this seemingly paltry sum an insult to Shane and SmackDown Live? How will Lesnar’s fine impact the already strained relations between Team Red and Team Blue

Remember when Dave juiced and Vince fined him like $100,000.00. Fuck I can't remember exactly but it was a shit load of money.

edit: yes. it was 100k!

The match quality has pretty much always been worse than the better matches RAW has to offer

Besides the first show however, it's been a much more watchable show. RAW has waaay worse filler matches, way more filler promos, way more annoying recapping

At worst, Smackdown matches are like less exciting matches on an episode of NXT. Nothing great but they have time to breathe and it doesn't feel like a complete waste of time like half of RAW does

Hasney

The more I think about it, the dumber it is to make it look like Brock went off script. What did they want to equate it with? Roid rage?

Heroman

Banned

It is alright certain better than what it has been for the past years. It just isnt anything I find myself need to see every week.

This can't be real! lol!

Remember when Dave juiced and Vince fined him like $100,000.00. Fuck I can't remember exactly but it was a shit load of money.

It makes sense for Kayfabe which I believe is what the fine actually is. Stephanie dislikes her brother and wants Raw to be the top brand. So Brock hurting her brother and one of his top stars isn't gonna bother her, so she gives him a slap on the wrist for it.

jmdajr

It makes sense for Kayfabe which I believe is what the fine actually is. Stephanie dislikes her brother and wants Raw to be the top brand. So Brock hurting her brother and one of his top stars isn't gonna bother her, so she gives him a slap on the wrist for it.

Hmmm. I guess if that's what they are going for.

tumblr_ma0pw8KEKe1rq9ghh.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This can't be real! lol!

...the 100K is what Vince legitimately fined Dave when he gigged after being told not to.

This is a work, as Jericho was told when he tried to fight Lesnar.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are Bjork and I the only Kreayshawn fans in here?

Imagine Eva Marie was never suspended and her announcer was on this past Smackdown. Would've made a good show great.
If Eva never got suspended, we could have had her scoring the pin at Summerslam after doing nothing for the whole match. Having Nikki appear was great and I'm happy that happened, but Eva in that match getting the pin without doing a single move would have been glorious.

What'd you guys think of the Dudley's farewell on RAW? I liked it. I have fond memories of seeing them live at a couple ECW shows in the late 90s. I remember being pissed that Sabu wasn't there, but the Dudleys were entertaining as shit so I didn't go home disappointed.

Top Bottom