• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shit getting real.

Meltz said:
The WWE got a number of Twitter accounts suspended for posting SummerSlam gifs, including that of Senor Lariato, who would post highlights in gif form for wrestling all over the world. Lariato in particular was considered one of the key people in making New Japan Pro Wrestling popular to a number of American fans.

RBH

CqvD19aWEAAGNCx.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJi8-Gahk_R/

Yikes

Zach

It's a shame the late, great strobogo didn't give this episode of Nitro the Legit Shook gif treatment. Lots of wonderfully awkward material here.

NXT Spoilers for the next several tapings.

Credit: Uproxx
1. Daria Berenato defeated Billie Kay. This appeared to have been a dark match. Daria won with a triangle choke.

2. Tye Dillinger defeated Buddy Murphy. Dillinger won with the Tye Breaker.

— Tommaso Ciampa cut a promo backstage saying Johnny Gargano would be back soon. He was jumped by the Revival, who pummeled him all the way to the ring, then hit him with the Shatter Machine.

3. Steve Cutler defeated Kenneth Crawford.

4. No Way Jose defeated Angelo Dawkins.

5. Liv Morgan defeated Aliyah.

— New NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura cut a promo in the ring. He says he wanted to come to NXT to compete against the best in the world and see how good he really is. He proclaims the Joe Era is over and the Strong Style Era has begun.

6. Asuka defeated Danielle Kamela. This match ended in approximately 10 seconds with the Asuka Lock.

7. TM61 defeated Tony Nese and Ariya Daivari.

8. Ember Moon defeated Leah Vaughan. Ember won with the Moonshot.

9. Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Steve Cutler. Samoa Joe sat in on commentary for this match.

10. Austin Aries defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas. Almas is no longer wearing his suspenders and entrance pants to the ring.

11. Oney Lorcan defeated Tino Sabbatelli. Lorcan won via submission with a half crab.

— Samoa Joe cuts a promo in the ring. He calls himself a disgrace when he was champion, saying he ruined friendships in the pursuit of being the best. He calls out Nakamura, who comes to the ring. Joe says Nakamura was a worthy contender and is a deserving champion. He says as soon as he’s ready to go, he wants a rematch. Nakamura accepts. They shake hands and Joe leaves.

A moment later, Joe returns and beats Nakamura down, then gives him a huge STO onto the ring steps. Nakamura is stretchered out.

12. Liv Morgan defeated Rachael Ellering.

— After the match, Morgan cut a promo saying a lot of women may have left NXT, but she’s still here and she’s ready to fight. She challenges Asuka.

13. Hideo Itami defeated Drew Gulak. Itami hit the Go To Sleep for the pinfall victory.

14. The Authors of Pain defeated local talent.

15. Bobby Roode defeated No Way Jose.

If Skype was a thing 20 years ago man...

DMczaf

— Samoa Joe cuts a promo in the ring. He calls himself a disgrace when he was champion, saying he ruined friendships in the pursuit of being the best. He calls out Nakamura, who comes to the ring. Joe says Nakamura was a worthy contender and is a deserving champion. He says as soon as he’s ready to go, he wants a rematch. Nakamura accepts. They shake hands and Joe leaves.

A moment later, Joe returns and beats Nakamura down, then gives him a huge STO onto the ring steps. Nakamura is stretchered out

God damn. Joe is the best heel in This Business.

Going to assume that's just a bad picture since Shawn didn't look like he was 70 a few months ago at WM.

Nah, it's not a bad picture. Just a combination of the makeup problem and the exercise problem

The exercise problem being he looked the way he did for Mania because Vince tricked him into getting in shape,
The makeup problem being the David Letterman and Jon Stewart example where when you're suddenly not on TV all the time, you don't need TV makeup constantly, and your real appearance and real age show

Zach

Now I'm a guy?

What was building up?

You made it apparent that you're a guy in your most recent post. Seems important to you.

But hey, have you considered using the Ignore List, as I'm almost certain I've suggested in the past? I'm pretty sure you've criticized me grading PPVs before. Seems to really bother you. Also you said my perceived joke was "good for me" or whatever, so clearly you don't like my posting, uh, style. Oh, and you're way better than me because people jokingly talked about having a wrestling super event featuring community members -- disgusting!

So anyway, I clearly bring nothing to the table that appeals to you so maybe you should add me to your Ignore List instead of acting like a severe cunt, that's all.

shanafan

I didn't care much for Bayley in NXT, but Bayley on the main roster I am getting behind. She just has this excitement when she comes out. Maybe it just works better in a larger arena. I like her now.

Did you like Hart/Michaels (I did). If so, how do they compare?

I'm really enjoying Kurt Angle's abstinence gimmick...
The key complaint everyone had after the Hart HBK match was that there were only 3 pinfalls(if you're counting sudden death) and they wanted more.... Welll

Kayfabe Commentaries has some exciting releases upcoming. Breaking Kayfabe with Scott Levy (Raven) which discusses his dad being a senior editor of the National Enquirer and whose sense of humor destroyed his self-worth as a kid.

Also another DVD with Kevin Nash, this time a Guest Booker where Nash and Sean book WWE 1996 if Nash and Hall stayed in WWE and never jumped ship.

Fox318

Angles debut in a WWF ring exposes the business so fucking quickly.

The most celebrated real athlete...

Even if it wasn't true come on

I half-watched.

I'm not looking forward to this 60-minute Iron Man match at Judgment Day 2000 between The Rock and Triple H.
It's really good, probably the best Iron Man match the WWE has ever done.

Only reason I include "probably" is that the last 4 minutes are a complete botched clusterfuck.

korly

I'm going to try to get tickets for NXT Baltimore tomorrow morning at 10am. I can't find ticket prices ANYWHERE. Does anyone know where I can find that info, or how much ringside tickets USUALLY go for at NXT house shows?

cordy

Banned
Last WWE game I bought was 2K15 and I literally only played that for a few days. I wonder if this will be worth getting or maybe I'll skip out next year.

As for that Raw poll I'll just go on and say it...if Braun beats Lesnar I have absolutely 0 problems with it.

raekwon-dead-o.gif

Fuck wit me.

bjork

Jazz is wrestling at king of trios this year

Cqv02qIUkAAD6nu.jpg

I hope she stretches everyone in the building.

Kayfabe Commentaries has some exciting releases upcoming. Breaking Kayfabe with Scott Levy (Raven) which discusses his dad being a senior editor of the National Enquirer and whose sense of humor destroyed his self-worth as a kid.

Also another DVD with Kevin Nash, this time a Guest Booker where Nash and Sean book WWE 1996 if Nash and Hall stayed in WWE and never jumped ship.

The sad thing is, if he puts forth a timeline better than the 96 that actually happened, people in here will never admit it.

El-Suave

I'm looking to spend some money on iTunes to properly watch Lucha Underground. Would you recommend to get season one, is two much better or should I preorder season three?

Top Bottom