• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

e0f49f9a397f994008b3b7c08fcd14d4.jpg

and the lord John said, let there be light, for thoust cannot see me

Hasney

I'm looking to spend some money on iTunes to properly watch Lucha Underground. Would you recommend to get season one, is two much better or should I preorder season three?

Start with the beginning. There's a storyline that has gone through both seasons so far, amazingly for a wrestling show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone been keeping up with STARDOM's 5 Star Grand Prix? Who do you think will likely come away as the winner?

Listened to Morgan Webster's podcast with Jack Gallagher, dirt was he was a replacement in the CWC, the guy he replaced was "his complete opposite". So a flippy dude? Ospreay? Ricochet? Also Regal was really pushing for him.
Anyone been keeping up with STARDOM's 5 Star Grand Prix? Who do you think will likely come away as the winner?

I need to get into Stardom at some point, I just don't have the time.

The real struggle with PWG is trying to remain excited during the interminable wait for DVDs. I often fail, which is why most of my PWG purchases come during the annual winter 5 for $40 sale.

I mean, I get why they can't do iPPV. If they went live, they couldn't book half the talent they currently use. What I don't get is why is their production process sooooo slow? Also, I know why they don't do proper VOD. I don't get it, but I know why (because teh pirates) and find it amusing that Highspots are still so fucking clueless in 2016.

The real struggle with PWG is trying to remain excited during the interminable wait for DVDs. I often fail, which is why most of my PWG purchases come during the annual winter 5 for $40 sale.

I mean, I get why they can't do iPPV. If they went live, they couldn't book half the talent they currently use. What I don't get is why is their production process sooooo slow? Also, I know why they don't do proper VOD. I don't get it, but I know why (because teh pirates) and find it amusing that Highspots are still so fucking clueless in 2016.

I don't necessarily treat that as a bad thing. I get excited when the matches are announced, then I get to buy a few DVD's in one go, go "HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER HEARING ABOUT THAT" as I look down the match list, and have a fun binge watch. PWG having barely any storylines means it doesn't HAVE to maintain that interest, you can just pick it up at any time.

hertog

It's a shame the late, great strobogo didn't give this episode of Nitro the Legit Shook gif treatment. Lots of wonderfully awkward material here.

What happened to him? He doesn't post anymore in these threads, or does he have a new username?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to him? He doesn't post anymore in these threads, or does he have a new username?
He got permed. Was living the Harley Race gimmick too hard, got burned by the sun.

Browny

Banned
He quit drinking and adopted the name Bluekaveli. Ask him about the Sopranos.

He got banned for going off the rails one too many times, went to Reddit and got banned there too. Contributes to legitshook.com and still purveys some mighty fine giffery.

klonere

Banned
I don't necessarily treat that as a bad thing. I get excited when the matches are announced, then I get to buy a few DVD's in one go, go "HOLY SHIT I REMEMBER HEARING ABOUT THAT" as I look down the match list, and have a fun binge watch. PWG having barely any storylines means it doesn't HAVE to maintain that interest, you can just pick it up at any time.

I'm with Boots though, especially with BOLA, its a relatively prestigious tourny and I do want to go in not knowing who wins and how the bracket turns out. Yet that is totally impossible with how they distribute the product right now.

Listened to Morgan Webster's podcast with Jack Gallagher, dirt was he was a replacement in the CWC, the guy he replaced was "his complete opposite". So a flippy dude? Ospreay? Ricochet? Also Regal was really pushing for him.

I need to get into Stardom at some point, I just don't have the time.

Complete opposite character wise would be LIVE-AHPULS NUMBUH WAN ZACH GIBSON. Ricochet and Ospreay were both under contract at the time so ???

He got permed. Was living the Harley Race gimmick too hard, got burned by the sun.

His James Bond reviews were a highlight of the thread back when I lurked.

Although I definitely would have been involved in the gigantic arguments between him and most of the other posters. I'm pretty sure if Stro was around during Ospreay/Ricochet the whole community would have been shot into orbit by the mods.

hertog

And another question, has "the black eye on the face of prof. wrestling" been leaked or exposed?

Seems like business is going on as usual.

The problem for me will be its on my mind now but by time the discs release I'll have forgotten about it entirely

Zach

I don't remember strobogo being a jerk. I remember him being very helpful when I was getting back into wrestling, and always happy to chat about the early happenings of my chronological journey. I miss his warm embrace.

bjork

I thought stro was an okay dude, but I never went to war with him.

Apparently carnby did, and used to accuse every new poster of being stro.

Ithil

Now I've met a mild dilemma, over whether or not to repost something I happened to see on a different board, since it pertains to a former poster and I don't like opening any potential cans of worms.

Zach

Now I've met a mild dilemma, over whether or not to repost something I happened to see on a different board, since it pertains to a former poster and I don't like opening any potential cans of worms.
Well now I have to know even though I probably won't even recognize the former poster (unless it's strobogo).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Out with it, how bad could it be?

Demi did a shoot on me when I first started on GAF. He was soon permed after. I never got to experience the height of Demi's reign as champ.
I love Demi, still do

Silent_Z

And another question, has "the black eye on the face of prof. wrestling" been leaked or exposed?

Seems like business is going on as usual.

Nothing. The "black eye"/#wellnessgeddon stuff from rovert and WrestleChat has about 8 hours to possibly maybe be true. House shows are happening today in Texas and tomorrow in Mexico, so you'd think anything would have hit by now if it's going to.

Could be a case where this round of folks actually got their doctors' notes in and thus we'll never hear anything.

Top Bottom