• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

why_thuganomics_cena_will_never_come_back_long_term.jpg

Cqyl7ueUAAAY4oe.jpg:small

Cqyl7xLVIAATcR8.jpg:small
He secretly still says the same things

Zach

Which one you called in to this Lapsed Fan live WrestleMania 32 special?! Dude just said he heard about it on NeoGAF.

Anth0ny

Matt Hardy single handedly raised the viewership higher more than any other wrestler has.

like i said, from 3 viewers to 7! for one week! daaaaaaaaaaaamn son delete delete dilapidated boat wow

this is like that time when splatoon came out and everyone was losing it over wii u selling 90k consoles in a month instead of 40k... while ps4 and xbox one were still selling 250k+

Oh boy, Nakamura had a bunch of nothing matches he's had before with no interesting storylines where he hit his usual spots and was given the win. Wrestler of the year!

you could literally simplify any amazing performance like this

nak is in woty running for his matches with AJ and Zayn alone

i'd put broken matt hardy in storyline of the year discussion, maybe gimmick of the year. but sure as fuck not wrestler of the year, jesus christ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not 'technical wrestler of the year' it's not 'movez of the year' it's 'wrestler of the year'. Wrestler consists of a lot of things.
latest

klonere

Banned
Mine is definitely Kenny right now but depending on how the year pans out, any of these guys has a fair shout

- Kenny Omega
- AJ Styles
- Chris Hero
- Shingo Takagi
- Tetsuya Naito
- Kento Miyahara
- Mark Haskins
- Will Ospreay
- KUSHIDA
- Pentagon Jr.
- Okada
- Tanahashi

And there's tons more. What a fucking time to be watching wrestling right now.

klonere

Banned
I really want to go back and watch some of this era for the first time. I just don't know where to begin

Never watched myself but I'd go for the episode of Raw when Bischoff comes back. While you miss the height of Vince's hubris in fucking up the Invasion, you still get a look at how wretched WWE can be.

Yo, Klonere. You seem to be the big NJPW guy in here. How frequent are the regular shows, the ppvs, etc? I really want to watch more of it, and I can with AXS but that ends up being too far behind.

I just really love the big of "randomness" to what I have seen where there isn't this "The Guy" bs crap.

Also Toru Yano

Kurita

It's not 'technical wrestler of the year' it's not 'movez of the year' it's 'wrestler of the year'. Wrestler consists of a lot of things.
latest
I'm ok with this
I wish "wrestler of the year" took promos into account, sometimes it feels like it's not the case
Imo it's as important as the in-ring skills

That's why The Miz is way more entertaining than a dude like Neville

Anth0ny

Technically he's had several, plus a storyline to go with it.

technically yes but people only really talked about the final deletion. that fuckery was the draw. no one is still watching the continued adventures of broken matt hardy besides tna mecca

Heroman

Banned
Yo, Klonere. You seem to be the big NJPW guy in here. How frequent are the regular shows, the ppvs, etc? I really want to watch more of it, and I can with AXS but that ends up being too far behind.

I just really love the big of "randomness" to what I have seen where there isn't this "The Guy" bs crap.

Also Toru Yano

Outside of tournaments like the best of super Jr and the G1 there are 2 usually show a month one is a road to show which can be skip but usually has one good match , than there is the main show which. However next month there will a shit ton of shows but only 3 will probably be must see.

also there is a guy ,Okada but he on a whole different level than Roman.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
technically yes but people only really talked about the final deletion. that fuckery was the draw. no one is still watching the continued adventures of broken matt hardy besides tna mecca

tumblr_oa8d2992v61u1ljrzo1_500.gif

tumblr_oa8erkJsxw1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

tumblr_obrvkukJLN1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

There was also Matt Hardy deleting the Bucks of Youth promo and Matt Hardy biting a fan which all happened after that

and TNA Mecca hates the storyline.

DMczaf

Do we get #Broken Matt in WWE at some point?

I think we do, it doesn't seem like they are on bad terms with anyone within WWE.

Mahonay

Banned
Just started up the latest Steve Austin podcast and I'm ready for Pat Patterson to go bananas on my ears. This should be fucking good.

klonere

Banned

Also Toru Yano

Well you just missed the most active time of the year for NJPW - the G1. People complain about how much WWE content there is nowadays but the G1 is 90 matches (+ random undercard tags!) in a month. Usually its a few build up shows leading up to one big show a month. It's like NXT with more regular "big" shows.

So with that in mind, its quite easy to keep up with. At first you might be overwhelmed by the amount of guys you don't recognize, but after a few shows you will quickly become familiar with the big players and the guys to watch out for. I'd recommend signing up for NJPWWorld and just look out in the thread, there will be a few of us talking about the upcoming tour. British Monsoon is always on hand with schedules and timezone calculators, streams and recommendations, so look out for his posts, he is definitely more Mr.NJPW than me! He got a shoutout in the Observer for being as much this week!

As for lack of "The Guy" well, NJPW definitely has "The Guy" or as "Ace" and that is Kazuchika Okada. Formerly it was Hiroshi Tanahashi. These are top of the card babyfaces that are generally always in the main event scene, going for the belt and will hold it most of the time. Obviously, at the start of the year NJPW lost a few really big names and had to scramble to make new main event stars, which is why it feels so "random" as you put it right now. However, with Kenny Omega and Naito now bonafide main eventers, things might firm up at the top of the card once more.

Anyway, if you want my recommendation on what to watch straight off the bat, the last three nights of the G1 are absolutely essential viewing.

bjork

Do we get #Broken Matt in WWE at some point?

I think we do, it doesn't seem like they are on bad terms with anyone within WWE.

I hope not.

The day they quit relying on anyone who came before about 2010 for a retro pop will be a glorious one.

People didn't ONLY talk about Final Deletion. Everything leading up to it was straight fire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll have you know I watched the whole Broken Hardys saga and the tag team fuckery and the biting a fan stuff yesterday. It is still good!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As much as I hate to say it, Pagano really spiked AAA's crowds with some adrenaline and upped their attendance big time. Earned a Triplemania main event mask vs hair match in a years time.

That's unheard of. Credit to Psycho as well, I know he's a big deal and extremely charismatic but I can't deny how much of a boon Pagano has been for AAA basically just being 'indie lucha guy in AAA.'
Actually watching Hero vs Cobb as I read this. First time I'm really being exposed to Cobb, and he's a total beast!

Him and Elgin were both in some tournament and I feel bad for Elgin because his 'stronk' spots are going to look weak by comparison

Anth0ny

tna mecca is still the only people actually watching the product though

really, the wrestler of the year is shane mcmahon. dude popped a HUGE rating when he returned, more on that night than tna has had in a year. then he provided an all time OMG moment at the biggest wrestling event of all time.

argue against that, friends.

klonere

Banned

really, the wrestler of the year is shane mcmahon. dude popped a HUGE rating when he returned, more on that night than tna has had in a year. then he provided an all time OMG moment at the biggest wrestling event of all time.

iWWhdjj.gif

Mahonay

Banned

kevin-in-disbelief-gif.gif

Heroman

Banned

He lost his match, I win.

Boots getting buried on Twitter AND on GAF. Dire times for our friend Monsoon this week.

I don't know who Boots is and I know of British Monsoon but he aint posting much anymore.

Well you just missed the most active time of the year for NJPW - the G1. People complain about how much WWE content there is nowadays but the G1 is 90 matches (+ random undercard tags!) in a month. Usually its a few build up shows leading up to one big show a month. It's like NXT with more regular "big" shows.

So with that in mind, its quite easy to keep up with. At first you might be overwhelmed by the amount of guys you don't recognize, but after a few shows you will quickly become familiar with the big players and the guys to watch out for. I'd recommend signing up for NJPWWorld and just look out in the thread, there will be a few of us talking about the upcoming tour. British Monsoon is always on hand with schedules and timezone calculators, streams and recommendations, so look out for his posts, he is definitely more Mr.NJPW than me! He got a shoutout in the Observer for being as much this week!

As for lack of "The Guy" well, NJPW definitely has "The Guy" or as "Ace" and that is Kazuchika Okada. Formerly it was Hiroshi Tanahashi. These are top of the card babyfaces that are generally always in the main event scene, going for the belt and will hold it most of the time. Obviously, at the start of the year NJPW lost a few really big names and had to scramble to make new main event stars, which is why it feels so "random" as you put it right now. However, with Kenny Omega and Naito now bonafide main eventers, things might firm up at the top of the card once more.

Anyway, if you want my recommendation on what to watch straight off the bat, the last three nights of the G1 are absolutely essential viewing.

Yeah, I quickly learned while trying to watch G1 I was better off just skipping huge chunks of it. I eventually settled on watching a few Naito & Omega matches before watching Omega's final two matches.

My comment on "The Guy" was more just these overly elaborate soap opery story lines. As far as I can tell NJPW just seems to be more about rivalries and vendettas than "YOU INSULTED MY WIFE" kind of stuff, but maybe I haven't watched enough.

Aiii

So not worth it

uYwVsAJ.gif

Top Bottom