• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

DB once again being smarter than the company he works for

In a discussion with Michael Cole as part of WWE.com's weekly interview series, Daniel Bryan talked about his time as general manager of SmackDown, doing commentary for the Cruiserweight Classic, and why Brock Lesnar was his dream opponent.

But most notably, Bryan had interesting comments when asked about Finn Balor’s recent shoulder injury. Bryan thought that Balor should've been on the WWE main roster long before he was called up, and thinks the same for Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura.

Bryan said: "The most tragic part, that kind of stuff happens... the most tragic part to me is it happens as soon as he gets up here. And I think one of the things that really upsets me about the whole situation is that Finn Balor should’ve been up here a year and a half ago.

And I understand that NXT is a very important part of our programming, a very important part of the Network, but he was a superstar when we signed him. And some people have to adjust to the WWE style, but for a guy like Finn Balor that takes no more than six months.

So, he’s in the prime of his career right now, like he just turned 35 the day he debuted on Raw. Right? Like, he should’ve been here a year and a half ago. Samoa Joe should already be here. Shinsuke Nakamura should already be here. Those are guys in their primes and they’re down on NXT right now, and they should be here... either on SmackDown Live or on Raw.

And the longer we wait, the more bumps they take, the more bruises they get, and the more susceptible they are to injury. Everybody knows there’s a finite number of hits you can take in your career, you don’t know what number that is. And the more times you take those hits down on NXT, the less hits you’re going to be able to take when you’re here.
”

Zach

First WWF match I remember ever watching was High Energy V the Headshrinkers as my uncle sent down a VHS of Survivor Series 1992. I know I watched it before as I had an 80's WWF duvet cover, but just the first match I really remember.
Earliest match I remember vividly is Sting/Rude for the U.S. Championship at Clash of the Champions XVII. So good.

DB once again being smarter than the company he works for

How's your territory doing

tumblr_o1kelrqsAo1sbzhteo1_400.gif

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I don't know what you're talking about.

giphy.03uuj9.gif

THIS IS WRESTLING CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

that's what happens when someone shoots

gotta just ignore it going forward

gf watched CWC with me on Wednesday and she asked why it looks like they were professionally dancing and not wrestling. Said it felt like she was watching street performers dance for a crowd and practice capoeira.

Kaiterra

Banned
Main events of the last 3 days and okada VS ishii

Thanks.

Dude I'm trying to play video games too.

No Way Jose vs Austin Aries was not a technical master piece, but I was way more into that than most of the SummerSlam card.

Jose seems like he's the best legitimately big guy to come through NXT since Wyatt. Loved that match, love him.

I don't know man :(

Seems worthy of cheat day though!

Choco Tacos are the best novelty ice cream. Treat yo self.

Caspel

Some of your guys heads would explode if you watched Lucha

Love me some Lucha. Saw Pentagon Jr face off against Cage recently at a LA indie promotion and they announced Pentagon will be facing RVD in November to defend the title he won.

Hasney

gf watched CWC with me on Wednesday and she asked why it looks like they were professionally dancing and not wrestling. Said it felt like she was watching street performers dance for a crowd and practice capoeira.

5pywf0t.gif

Related, NXT matchup and not result spoiler:
Gulak got the "loser faces Hideo Itami card and from what people are saying, its hard fucking hitting

Caspel

5pywf0t.gif

Related, NXT matchup and not result spoiler:
Gulak got the "loser faces Hideo Itami card and from what people are saying, its hard fucking hitting

The Gulak/Sabre match was better than their first round match-ups, but Sabre often looks too scripted in his motions.

Lifting weights stops you from getting concussions?

Remember when Rey was like "they'll find a cure for arthritis someday and then I'll be 100%"

I feel like Bryan's that way now. "Someday they'll reverse concussion damage, and the day after that you'll see me in New Japan"

Mahonay

Banned
Catching up on Wednesday's CWC. Rich Swann literally has his working tie on.

Been awesome to see him be featured in this, gotten to see him wrestle about 3 times in the indies years back. Swann's confidence has come a long way.

Lol Lince Dorado just did the Alex Wright dance.

Hasney

Lol Lince Durado just did the Alex Wright dance.

Loved that moment.

Really hoping Raw doesn't fuck with the cruiserweight too much. They have 3 hours, just give them 20 minutes a week to do their shit and they'll impress people.

I still believe the WCW cruiserweight were underrated in what they did for the audiences. I probably would never have watched Nitro if I hadn't flicked through and saw some insane cruiser match.

Recall

So for £4.73 each I picked up 3 (very well looked after) silver vision original DVD releases of WWF Summerslam 2001, WWE Summerslam 2002 and RVD: One of a Kind. So 14/15 year old DVDs.

Yes the network makes discs redundant but I like having them, damn it.

Hasney

So for £4.73 each I picked up 3 silver vision original DVD releases of WWF Summerslam 2001, WWE Summerslam 2002 and RVD: One of a Kind. So 14/15 year old DVDs.

There's still features on some of them that aren't on the Network too. I usually check Grainger for WM DVDs specifically because of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We need more gymnasts as wrestlers. Remember The Genius? Legitimate acrobat, he told people to just fucking throw him and he'd make it work. And he did.

Anth0ny

So for £4.73 each I picked up 3 (very well looked after) silver vision original DVD releases of WWF Summerslam 2001, WWE Summerslam 2002 and RVD: One of a Kind. So 14/15 year old DVDs.

isn't the dvd 60fps

while the network is a pathetic 24fps?

physical media always wins, friend.

Recall

There's still features on some of them that aren't on the Network too. I usually check Grainger for WM DVDs specifically because of that.

I've also found that edits, bleeps and blurring that are on the network versions aren't present on the original DVDs.

It feels like I'm getting a more complete show, less butchered and edited.

Hasney

We need more gymnasts as wrestlers. Remember The Genius? Legitimate acrobat, he told people to just fucking throw him and he'd make it work. And he did.

Just a shame about the poetry.

Seriously though, Simone Biles should look at WWE once she's too old for real gymnastics.

Ahhh that rvd dvd.

Recall

You have no idea what you are talking about. But then neither did he.

I don't really care. I have no idea what the frame rate is of a video. I don't fucking care, I was just being polite in responding.

You should enlighten us though, don't leave me hanging...tell me so I do know. Actually just fuck off.

Top Bottom