• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT 2| All popped everything ft. Injuries too

Just a shame about the poetry.

8IvYMMj.gif

Seriously though, Simone Biles should look at WWE once she's too old for real gymnastics.

Make Alexa look tall

Anth0ny

Uh, what?

wrestling/live sports are broadcast at 60fps

most recordings are uploaded to youtube or whatever at the more standard 24fps

I was under the assumption that DVDs of wrestling were at 60fps as originally aired. I remember renting a DVD or two from blockbuster and it being 60fps. I might be wrong?

*blames the victim*

/sethfans

"It's not a Nazi he dated! Everyone collects Hitler supporter stuff. Why are you bringing up old stuff anyway, he broke up with her 10 months after it was discovered by the Internet and years after he first walked in the house and saw it on display, totally innocent" - a thing every Seth Rollins fan truly honestly believes

Mahonay

Banned
Whomever directed all of the wrestler promos for CWC did an absolutely phenomenal job. All of them feel legit and like they're from the heart.

Hasney

Whomever directed all of the wrestler promos for CWC did an absolutely phenomenal job. All of them feel legit and like they're from the heart.

Honestly, the whole presentation feels like a modern World of Sport that I wouldn't be shocked if HHH just let Regal run wild.

So for £4.73 each I picked up 3 (very well looked after) silver vision original DVD releases of WWF Summerslam 2001, WWE Summerslam 2002 and RVD: One of a Kind. So 14/15 year old DVDs.

Yes the network makes discs redundant but I like having them, damn it.

I don't think I'll ever stop getting DVDs/BluRays. Special features are wonderful and usually worth the price alone.

imBask

Banned
"It's not a Nazi he dated! Everyone collects Hitler supporter stuff. Why are you bringing up old stuff anyway, he broke up with her 10 months after it was discovered by the Internet and years after he first walked in the house and saw it on display, totally innocent" - a thing every Seth Rollins fan truly honestly believes

"I assume that WWII collectors are automatically supporters of Hitler, and therefore their bf/gf is too. You collect horror movie stuff? you're a serial killer! that's not a reaching, that's a fact" - Seth Haters

cdViking

Anybody have some good recommendations for Drew Gulak matches? The guy's been the biggest surprise to me so far, and I thought he brought out the absolute in Sabre (who is awesome, but has way too many matches like his first CWC match, where opponents apparently let him tie them up). I've seen maybe 3-4 more of his matches, but couldn't tell you how/where (they were probably shitty Evolve iPPVs I was watching while doing cycling intervals on the trainer).

Recall

wrestling/live sports are broadcast at 60fps

most recordings are uploaded to youtube or whatever at the more standard 24fps

I was under the assumption that DVDs of wrestling were at 60fps as originally aired. I remember renting a DVD or two from blockbuster and it being 60fps. I might be wrong?

I just quickly looked it up and WWF/WWE DVDs are either 24 or 25fps.

My only sources were Wikipedia and a Death Valley forum post from forever ago.

Mahonay

Banned
Honestly, the whole presentation feels like a modern World of Sport that I wouldn't be shocked if HHH just let Regal run wild.
Vince - Only truly happy when his personal ideas and plans get over. Gets upset when something gets organically popular that was not a part of his original vision.

HHH - Completely fine with taking all the ideas and help from talented people around him and taking full credit for the resulting success.

One of these results in a higher quality across the board.

Stephanie tries this too, but she'll get behind shitty plans, or completely dilute something that was hot before she got her hands on it; see "Diva's Revolution".

This thread is kind of angry today, what's happened guys?

People continue to defend a bad person with the most fallacious and faulty of arguments, and it enables the argument that carelessness at best, racism and bigotry at worst, are okay and can be brushed aside, and they still don't get why this is bad

Hasney

Vince - Only truly happy when his personal ideas and plans get over. Gets upset when something gets organically popular that was not a part of his original vision.

HHH - Completely fine with taking all the ideas and help from talented people around him and taking full credit for the resulting success.

One of these results in a higher quality across the board.

Stephanie tries this too, but she'll get behind shitty plans, or completely dilute something that was hot before she got her hands on it; see "Diva's Revolution".

I think it's also pretty obvious that the SD lead writer is the old NXT writer now. If something isn't working, he'll just change it, like turning Carmella

imBask

Banned
This thread is kind of angry today, what's happened guys?

People continue to defend a bad person with the most fallacious and faulty of arguments, and it enables the argument that carelessness at best, racism and bigotry at worst, are okay and can be brushed aside, and they still don't get why this is bad

*people continue to arbitrarily hate a number of wrestlers while ignoring others because it suits their hypocrite narrative

Menome

Pulling my hair out trying SweetFX for the first time, except it refuses to ever 'activate' when I start up Obduction. There's already two presets up, so it obviously works with it. Just not on my PC.

Recall

I apologise for my outburst. I've found this thread far more irritating than it used to be and I'm dealing with it poorly.

Zach

I bought Bloodborne for $12 on Amazon just now. I doubt I'll like it, but I told myself I'd buy it if I ever saw it under $15.

Mahonay

Banned
Holy fuck it felt good to hear Ranallo call the spit flying out of Gargano's mouth after a spin kick from TJP.

On the main roster commentary, every fucking time, they flip out and call "HIS TEETH JUST WENT FLYING". No they didn't. Shut up.

After stopping halfway through the game I'm finally getting back into Uncharted 4. I don't know why I stopped because the games great so far. Not sure if it'll surpass 2 as the best in the series, but I am only halfway or so through it.

I apologise for my outburst. I've found this thread far more irritating than it used to be and I'm dealing with it poorly.

Nothing to apologize for, friend. You're valuable to the community, almost everyone here (one unnoteworthy exception) is, and you shouldn't apologize for any vital contributions you make. Never make a Recall on your thoughts <3

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I heard a rumor that strobogo is always watching us from the rafters. Is this true, NeoGAF Vince McMahon?
We are the premier wrasslin discussion forum. Who wouldn't?

The Gulak/Sabre match was better than their first round match-ups, but Sabre often looks too scripted in his motions.

The only ZSJ matches I've seen are his two within the CWC, and they're both garbage, but this week's was better than his first.

If he ends up in the final round, it'll all be bullshit. Gimme Swann vs. Gran Metalik or TJP vs. Tozawa.

Mahonay

Banned
If you're posting in WrassleGAF always be prepared for someone that will try and roll you up. Never know when someone is gonna try and shoot on you in the middle of a match dude. Everyone thinks about going into business for themselves maaaan. Get that rub off of you at your expense.

Dude. Brother...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody have some good recommendations for Drew Gulak matches? The guy's been the biggest surprise to me so far, and I thought he brought out the absolute in Sabre (who is awesome, but has way too many matches like his first CWC match, where opponents apparently let him tie them up). I've seen maybe 3-4 more of his matches, but couldn't tell you how/where (they were probably shitty Evolve iPPVs I was watching while doing cycling intervals on the trainer).
I'm actually not a huge fan of Gulak (yet) as there's something about him that doesn't click, but there are people here that can direct you to more of what he's done on YouTube, and I'm sure you'll love it.

Anth0ny

I just quickly looked it up and WWF/WWE DVDs are either 24 or 25fps.

My only sources were Wikipedia and a Death Valley forum post from forever ago.

ah. I must be mixing it up with a tape or something I downloaded.

wwe network needs to introduce a $15 tier with 60fps video and more shooting. subs will fly.

Nothing to apologize for, friend. You're valuable to the community, almost everyone here (one unnoteworthy exception) is, and you shouldn't apologize for any vital contributions you make. Never make a Recall on your thoughts <3
Yo Tommy, you gonna talk shit to me like that as if I'm not around or something! YOU MOTHERFUCKER! IF YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING SAY IT TO MY FACE!

gun_haver

It would be really weird to me that for a business that bases itself on being a total work and fooling fans, that they couldn't get Punk back in WWE if he wins his UFC fight on a one match basis with the following storyline:

- Brocks gloating after a win against someone
- Cult of personality hits, no indication of it beforehand, so massive pop
- Punk's idea is 'I did what no-one else in that locker room has done - except you. I left, I went to UFC, and I won. And now I'm back to show Brock Lesnar that it doesn't matter whether it's UFC or WWE, I'm the best in the world'

That's a wrestlemania match right there. Capitalise on Brock's rapidly falling stock before it is too late, and just hope CM Punk wins before you book it, but come on

do these guys not know how to make money or what. whatever problems punk has with vince etc just fix em. stop being babies. simple.

Top Bottom