• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Aiii

So not worth it
- WWE’s booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

Dirt sheets lol.

DMczaf

- WWE’s booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

lol, WWE won't let Punk near the main event at WM.

Unless it's to play a Chicago gangster.

jmdajr

Actually, I still suspect main eventing WM29 is part of the contract he secured last year.

So if Rock wins the Belt at the Rumble.. what is he going to do for 3 months? Will he give Punk a rematch at elimination chamber?

Too ba Austin had knee Surgery, Guess we'll have to wait for Wrestlemania 30.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How could you guys be hyped about Madden 13 when NCAA is the football franchise that actually shows growth and gives you excellent and entertaining game modes? I prefer NFL to NCAA football 99% of the time, but the actual games are so much different and the NCAA one blows Madden to pieces.

Want an RPG? You got it. Want tv-style exhibition? It's there. Dynasty? Run that shit. Be a player? Fuck yeah let's roll.

It's smart in how it operates and isn't like Madden, which feels like an underperforming fossil despite the wonderful license.

That being said, I like wrasslin' too just throwin my 2 cents in there. NCAA 12 changed my mind 100% on football games.

G-Fex

How could you guys be hyped about Madden 13 when NCAA is the football franchise that actually shows growth and gives you excellent and entertaining game modes? I prefer NFL to NCAA football 99% of the time, but the actual games are so much different and the NCAA one blows Madden to pieces.

Want an RPG? You got it. Want tv-style exhibition? It's there. Dynasty? Run that shit. Be a player? Fuck yeah let's roll.

It's smart in how it operates and isn't like Madden, which feels like an underperforming fossil despite the wonderful license.

That being said, I like wrasslin' too just throwin my 2 cents in there. NCAA 12 changed my mind 100% on football games.

GODDAMNIT Sunflower

Now I want to pick up NCAA 13.

jmdajr

Rock vs Brock 2.

Book it.

Damn.. that's a heck of a losing streak for Brock.
I know he's getting paid..but shit so is The Rock.

edit: I've never been into College Sports. Never went to a school with a REAL team, so I never got into it. I like my Sports like I like my wrestling. PRO STYLE!

Enfinit

So if Rock wins the Belt at the Rumble.. what is he going to do for 3 months? Will he give Punk a rematch at elimination chamber?

I'm really curious to see how often he'll be on RAW once he gets (and he will) the belt. If he wins at the Rumble, you can almost bet your ass he won't defend it until Wrestlemania. However, how often would we see him show up on RAW?

I'd bet that the amount of RAW's he'll physically be present on as the WWE Champ between the RR and WM can be counted on one hand.

"And here's your WWE Champion...THE ROCK!

...via satellite."

Aiii

So not worth it

Too ba Austin had knee Surgery, Guess we'll have to wait for Wrestlemania 30.

It's simple, if Punk is champ at the Rumble, Rock defends against Punk and the winner of the Runble, John Cena in a 3-way.

If Cena is the champ we'll see Rock versus Rumble winner Punk and Cena.

The only reason I play Madden is so I can play Franchise mode with my Raiders, and win 10 straight Super Bowls. If I can do it in game, it can happen in real life, right?

Even then, I haven't bought a Madden game full price since Madden 06 for the PlayStation 2.

Razorskin

----- ------
Dirt sheets lol.

raVEx.jpg

Kaladin

I'm really curious to see how often he'll be on RAW once he gets (and he will) the belt. If he wins at the Rumble, you can almost bet your ass he won't defend it until Wrestlemania. However, how often would we see him show up on RAW?

I'd bet that the amount of RAW's he'll physically be present on as the WWE Champ between the RR and WM can be counted on one hand.

"And here's your WWE Champion...THE ROCK!

...via satellite."

Maybe he's cleared his movie movie schedule from January to May. You think Vince would pay for all of that time?

RyudBoy

I'd like to see Punk retain at Summerslam and have him lose the title to Cena at Night of Champions, then have Rock lose to Cena at the rumble due to interference from Punk and have Rock vs Punk at mania. Cena could defend the WWE title against the rumble winner(D-Bry). Punk could face Stone Cold WM30 since he won't wrassle this year.

Cena/D-Bry - WWE Championship
Rock/Punk
Undertaker/Lesnar
Sheamus/Barret/Orton - World Title

My WM card is looking awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason I play Madden is so I can play Franchise mode with my Raiders, and win 10 straight Super Bowls. If I can do it in game, it can happen in real life, right?

Even then, I haven't bought a Madden game full price since Madden 06 for the PlayStation 2.

I hear you buddy. The presentation and prestige of the NFL itself is a hard mistress for me to ignore, but I've been stickin it to its little sister and she's better.

The big thing for me is NCAA games, if you're playing as someone or even on the field, you can wrap a game in 5 minutes if you're in a rush. In Madden, when I finish a game (even just exhibition, or a leg of a Franchise) it feels like a huge ordeal and I'm done with it after the buzzer. NCAA skips plays you're not on, unless you want to go with a normal exhibition. It rekindled my love of football games.

Last Madden I bought at full price was 07, and it was kind of a stinker. Made me sad. Clunky as hell.

Sokantish

Madden is suck.

FIFA is the true king of sports games.

FIFA is really fun too. NBA, Madden, and FIFA are all pretty fun. I'm thinking about trying out a hockey game this year too. I hated MLB The Show though.

All of that stuff you just said Madden has. Madden also plays better than NCAA in my little experience with NCAA Football 13 so far. Plus Online Franchise is going to be better this year than the online dynasty mode for NCAA

How long are the keeping the title on the Great White Fella?
I expect Sheamus to be the longest reigning World Heavyweight Champion of all time.

All he has to do is last until 2013.

FIFA is really fun too. NBA, Madden, and FIFA are all pretty fun. I'm thinking about trying out a hockey game this year too. I hated MLB The Show though.
I used to play a lot of sports games during the PS2 days. Now, I really only play FIFA regularly, while NBA 2K and Madden I'll play occasionally.

How bizarre - New Japan have announced a partnership with small Sacramento-based indie SWF. Rocky Romero will host a try-out camp to scout talent on behalf of New Japan, while KUSHIDA will challenge Dave Dutra for the SWF title and Shinsuke Nakamura will defend his IWGP Intercontinental Title against 'Old School' Oliver John;

http://www.sacramentowrestling.com/

Never heard of SWF, but if I was anywhere near Sacramento I'd be buying tickets to see Shinsuke freaking Nakamura!

Enfinit

Maybe he's cleared his movie movie schedule from January to May. You think Vince would pay for all of that time?

I think Vince would gladly bend over his knees for whatever Rock wants.

I mean, when Rock came back to RAW last year, he did say "it wasn't for the money."

Realistically, I'd say Rock/Punk at RR. Something really, really dumb will happen and Rock won't get the title, then they'll wrestle at WM and Rock will get the title then. Oh, and Cena will be thrown in the mix somewhere.

I mean, RR's arguably the second biggest PPV (maybe tied or behind Summerslam or Survivor Series), but is the RR really big enough to allow Rock to win the belt? Seems like the only place big enough for Rock to win the belt would be WM.

I can't wait for WWE '13 to come out so I can sit here and act all incredulous when I realize they're using the same animations from the PSX days, move sets are completely nonsensical, and half the roster has outdated or missing Trons and Entrance themes.

Sokantish

I can't wait for WWE '13 to come out so I can sit here and act all incredulous when I realize they're using the same animations from the PSX days, move sets are completely nonsensical, and half the roster has outdated or missing Trons and Entrance themes.

Stop, you're getting me excited for WWE13!

Top Bottom