• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

BlazinAm

Wrestling Observer is reporting this scenario that leads up to Wrestlemania.
I like this scenario alot more than the current one being set up.

Here the problem with scenario is that it makes Punk look weak. This is his title reign to be remembered and for them to end it to Cena of all people doesn't help. Kill the point that Punk made about the fact that he is not the main event and he is the champion, him beating Cena would stamp the notion that he is the main event.

Over the past couple of month Cena has done very little to justify why he should have been in the main event for the last three ppv, in general the wwe has done little. He gets a lady/ child friendly pop when he comes out? His merch sells? This factors don't make for a good product.

I don't see how Cena can carry the title for six months, he is just not interesting enough. Unless Cena drops it to Barrett like right away, but I think the wwe sees money in a Sheamus vs Barrett match to rep smackdown.
Edit:
I can seem to find a match between Rock and Michaels... not even a tag-team match!

Fantasy matches? Here's a few random ones I'd go for;

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts vs Dean Ambrose - the original viper, the first wrestling anti-hero vs the unhinged and unpredictable future star* of the WWE.

Stan 'The Lariat' Hansen vs Takeshi Morishima - I guess this would be like the modern day equivalent of Stan vs Vader. Two massive powerhouses who would undoubtedly beat the tar out of each other in search of victory.

Daniel Bryan vs Tatsumi Fujinami - the best technical wrestler today vs one of the greatest technical wrestling legends in Japan.

Johnny Saint vs Zack Sabre Jr. - master of the classic British catch-as-catch-can wrestling style vs the best young proponent of that style today.

Kerry Von Erich vs Austin Aries - the Texas Tornado vs the Greatest Man that Ever Lived, a mis-match in size but both are/were arguably the best all-round wrestlers of their generations.

unless awful booking prevails

Enfinit

TNA already did it.

Fuck, seriously?

Also, here's what Chavo Guerrero, Sr. had to say about Nash's comments last night. Posted a shit ton of stuff on his Twitter (https://twitter.com/ChavoClassic), here's the highlights:

PSVH

Kaladin

Chikara's demon tag team The Batiri have been trying to get Danielle Fishel (Topanga from Boy Meets World) to go on a date with the goblin Kobald:

0xiy5.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So did the same booking team have HBK turning on HHH to set up their match too?

WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

I would much prefer that WM match, but there's no fucking chance in hell Rock is going over Cena again, so I don't see any scenario in which it can work.

Link me a good Kerry Von Erich match Bootaaay

Kevin Von Erich & David Von Erich vs Jumbo Tsuruta & Genichiro Tenryu - (06/10/81)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg31lM5zXNQ

Ric Flair (c) vs Kerry Von Erich - 2/3 Falls - (08/15/82)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t34A0vMF5zI - 1/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywo1GL-z1aY - 2/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGCNncUBHBA - 3/3

The Von Erichs vs The Fabulous Freebirds - (07/04/83)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeD_UKAXdU8

Kerry Von Erich (c) vs Jumbo Tsuruta - (05/22/84)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2SeOZrvc

Kerry Von Erich (c) vs Ric Flair - (05/24/84)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxpJbBc805w

Kerry Von Erich (c) vs Mr. Perfect - (10/19/90)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNptKNbJhLY

Kaladin

This is happening again:

GATHERING OF THE JUGGALOS BLOODYMANIA
AUGUST 12, 2012
08:00:00 PM-11:00:00 PM CT

Watch the Gathering of the Juggalos Bloodymania Live on PPV
(in no particular order)

Battle Royal: Carlito, The Masterpiece Chris Masters, Bobby Lashley, Sean "X-Pac" Waltman, U-Gene, Shockwave The Robot, Zach Gowen, and more!

Tag Team Action: Scott Steiner and Vader!

For the JCW Tag Team Championship: The Ring Rydas (Reigning Champions) Vs The Head Bangers vs Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher Vs Rock n Roll Express!

3 Way Match: John Morrison vs The Hurricane Shane Helms vs Matt Hardy!

"The King Of Old School" Steve Corino vs The Weedman

Vampiro vs Officer Colt Cabana

DOUBLE MAIN EVENT!!

A Match 15 Years In the Making: Corporal Robinson vs The Rude Boy

For the JCW Heavyweight Championship: 2 Tuff Tony (Reigning Champion) vs Kongo Kong

I wonder if they will stick to the schedule or run the wrestling after the main stage shuts down like last year.

Also, sadly, there is no legends show this year.

McNei1y

So when WWE 13 comes out, were creating our own wrestling program, yeah?

I still wish that was a mode. WWE Universe online or something.

somedevil

I have question since it seems right now that Bully Ray might be leaving TNA during September. Can WWE sign him or not because of the lawsuit going on?

Also, sadly, there is no legends show this year.

Sadly? I'm still haunted by the memories of that Midnight Express vs Rock & Roll Express tag 'match'. *shudder*

Anyway, the BloodyMania card doesn't look too bad, other than those double main events, but I've no faith in it going off on time.

jobber

I have question since it seems right now that Bully Ray might be leaving TNA during September. Can WWE sign him or not because of the lawsuit going on?

they can't

Ric Flair and Matt Morgan would be in WWE if they could sign those guys.

Kaladin

Sadly? I'm still haunted by the memories of that Midnight Express vs Rock & Roll Express tag 'match'. *shudder*

Anyway, the BloodyMania card doesn't look too bad, other than those double main events, but I've no faith in it going off on time.

Oh you know it was good in a hilariously bad kind of way. As for Bloodymania, I might order it if it hasn't started by the time TNA is done.

Listening to F4W, I wish I could watch World of Hurt. It sounds so incredible.

It's all right... I will say that it is significantly more "real" than Tough Enough and those types but it is still a reality television show, some of the cast definitely work it to try and get themselves over (despite it being on a D-tier Canadian cable network). The editing is a bit weird, rather than following a sequential timeline they just focus on one wrestler per episode but film all of them at the exact same time.

I've seen most of the people on the show (though I missed the actual WOH "tapings" they've done at PWA show) and I think I've only been a fan of one of the wrestlers they've used (T-Bone Jack Sloan).

WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

That's boring. I like Punk holding the title for over a year and still beating the Rock at RR, taunting the shit out of Cena about how he could do what Cena couldn't do. Best in the World.

jobber

That's boring. I like Punk holding the title for over a year and still beating the Rock at RR, taunting the shit out of Cena about how he could do what Cena couldn't do. Best in the World.

then Rock wouldn't have a reason to take part in Wrestlemania. Vince probably promised him a title run as a thank you for sticking around after Mania 27

then Rock wouldn't have a reason to take part in Wrestlemania. Vince probably promised him a title run as a thank you for sticking around after Mania 27
I'm sure they'll have something for the Rock at WM. Maybe a rematch with Punk where he wins, embarrassing the braggart heel champ.

Just throwing a silly fantasy idea out there: Rock loses at RR to Punk, Austin comes back to challenge Punk at WM. Like Punk has held the belt for over a year and no one can beat him, but then another old face comes back.

I know the posted Observer scenario is more likely though since it's boring and doesn't challenge anyone.

jobber

I'm sure they'll have something for the Rock at WM. Maybe a rematch with Punk where he wins, embarrassing the braggart heel champ.

that would work if Rock stuck around for a few months, but we know he's leaving WWE for Hollywood the next day.

Kyoufu

I'd rather have Cena win over Big Shoe.

Doesn't have to be either...

I feel like it takes so much wind out of Punk's character and reign and does nothing for anyone involved if this happens. I see Punk holding that thing until the Rock at RR. No one cares about Cena vs Rock 2.

Yes. Punk needs to go on a monster run to set up an Austin return. Though I'm guessing there are no plans for him to return any time soon. God dammit. This company...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like it takes so much wind out of Punk's character and reign and does nothing for anyone involved if this happens. I see Punk holding that thing until the Rock at RR. No one cares about Cena vs Rock 2.

No one cares about Bork vs H's either but WWE still shows it more than any other feud.

jobber

Doesn't have to be either...

Yes. Punk needs to go on a monster run to set up an Austin return. Though I'm guessing there are no plans for him to return any time soon. God dammit. This company...

The match has been set for over a year.

Much like Orton punting Punk in the head and bringing it back up 2 years later.

Top Bottom