• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

Plywood isn't allowed back in

I'M LOCKING THE DOOR.

I AM NOT OPENING IT.

YOU CAN KNOCK BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN.

DUNGEON, 30 YEARS DUNGEON, NO TRIAL.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nakamura is trying his damndest to top that Misawa getting kicked by Kawada image
tumblr_m8gea3r9p61rc4hssv2.jpg

jmdajr

I think Vince would gladly bend over his knees for whatever Rock wants.

I mean, when Rock came back to RAW last year, he did say "it wasn't for the money."

Realistically, I'd say Rock/Punk at RR. Something really, really dumb will happen and Rock won't get the title, then they'll wrestle at WM and Rock will get the title then. Oh, and Cena will be thrown in the mix somewhere.

I mean, RR's arguably the second biggest PPV (maybe tied or behind Summerslam or Survivor Series), but is the RR really big enough to allow Rock to win the belt? Seems like the only place big enough for Rock to win the belt would be WM.

But then what? Rock loses his smile?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for WWE '13 to come out so I can sit here and act all incredulous when I realize they're using the same animations from the PSX days, move sets are completely nonsensical, and half the roster has outdated or missing Trons and Entrance themes.

I haven't played a WWE game in a while. Have they actually had missing Trons/Entrance themes before? That's horrible.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think Vince would gladly bend over his knees for whatever Rock wants.

I mean, when Rock came back to RAW last year, he did say "it wasn't for the money."

Realistically, I'd say Rock/Punk at RR. Something really, really dumb will happen and Rock won't get the title, then they'll wrestle at WM and Rock will get the title then. Oh, and Cena will be thrown in the mix somewhere.

I mean, RR's arguably the second biggest PPV (maybe tied or behind Summerslam or Survivor Series), but is the RR really big enough to allow Rock to win the belt? Seems like the only place big enough for Rock to win the belt would be WM.

Yeah but then when is he going to lose it? Hasn't it shown that adding people like Brock to B shows don't really improve the buys?

I haven't played a WWE game in a while. Have they actually had missing Trons/Entrance themes before? That's horrible.

WWE '12 has a weird generic theme for Heath Slater that I've never heard him use and he has a generic entrance animation and no side or minitron. He's also wearing a Nexus armband in his character select picture.

Not even Punk can carry Cener for 3 hours.

Michaels/Cena was phenomenal and it was nearly an hour.
Cena/Orton Ironman was not a good wrestling match, but they did manage to entertain throughout. Would've sucked without the No DQ stip though.

I think Punk and Cena have enough story to tell to go for nearly an hour, but they need to save that for a special occasion.

Striker

WWE '12 has a weird generic theme for Heath Slater that I've never heard him use and he has a generic entrance animation and no side or minitron. He's also wearing a Nexus armband in his character select picture.
Yukes are always behind in those models/attires. WWE '13 has the "Best in the World" t-shirt for Punk and that was the Fall 2011 days.

They stop doing those, for the most part, in April around Mania.

- Plywood, why'd you have to go and be so dumb?

- More contextual animations in WWE 13 sounds good as that's been one of my biggest issues with the game for years, but DON'T BELIEVE THEIR LIES

- Madden gets the new tech first most of the time, and that's why people play it over NCAA aside from the NFL branding. Madden's selling point this year is the physics based tackling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's in NCAA yet.

- :( @ Naito knee injury, hope it's nothing huge

- NJPW has the best photographers, yes.

Sokantish

- Plywood, why'd you have to go and be so dumb?
- Madden gets the new tech first most of the time, and that's why people play it over NCAA aside from the NFL branding. Madden's selling point this year is the physics based tackling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that's in NCAA yet.

Plus REAL online franchise this year! It's gonna be awesome

All of that stuff you just said Madden has. Madden also plays better than NCAA in my little experience with NCAA Football 13 so far. Plus Online Franchise is going to be better this year than the online dynasty mode for NCAA

I bought me NCAA 12 for $10 during the Best Buy sale and I'm enjoying it very much. However, I will still go back to NFL 2K5 and APF 2K8. Something about those games still hook me.

iePcNHT3rJzqf.gif

I will get WWE 13. Those games are still mindless fun.

somedevil

Wrestling Observer is reporting this scenario that leads up to Wrestlemania.

WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

I like this scenario alot more than the current one being set up.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara?

Ain't no dream match.
Rey Mysterio vs Tiger Mask would be more of a dream match, but I don't know if Mask wrestler for WWE/WCW/ECW

Mike Awesome vs Taker would be one I always wanted to see. Too bad that Taker was threatened by Awesome taking his spot.
Eddie Guerrero vs Dynamite Kid
Ultimo Dragon vs Chris Candido
Samoa Joe vs Shinya Hashimoto(That would be like.. mirror images)

I can do this all day

jmdajr

Wrestling Observer is reporting this scenario that leads up to Wrestlemania.

WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

I like this scenario alot more than the current one being set up.

I'll just use my imagination!

jmdajr

Did you see how many Fantasy matches Kevin Nash was in?
Guess I'll never see Kevin Nash vs Great Khali or El Gigante! :'(

Striker

Luckily I only started online franchise last year so I didn't suffer as long as most
Madden just doesn't give me that replayability like it used to. I'm more of an NCAA fan nowadays in game value.

Crazy that mentions Kurt Angle and the Dudleys because they are in TNA.
Mentions Hogan at the end, also.

Did you see how many Fantasy matches Kevin Nash was in?
Guess I'll never see Kevin Nash vs Great Khali or El Gigante! :'(
Kevin Nash and the semi truck vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

jmdajr

Madden just doesn't give me that replayability like it used to. I'm more of an NCAA fan nowadays in game value.

Mentions Hogan at the end, also.

Kevin Nash and the semi truck vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

um that already happened? You want a rematch?

Top Bottom