• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

This isn't Triple H vs Brock Lesnar, this is Paul Levesque vs Brock Lesnar.

i8dbVY8J3EKTU.gif

Rock beating Punk for the belt at the Royal Rumble and having the belt be via satellite for a short period and Cena winning it back at WM makes a lot of sense. Good opportunity for Punk to cut promos saying he can't believe that WWE is letting the belt run loose like that. :)

WWE is running into that brick wall again, though, of having Cena in a feud with a guy who is way more popular with the live crowd than he is.

Kaladin

Rock beating Punk for the belt at the Royal Rumble and having the belt be via satellite for a short period and Cena winning it back at WM makes a lot of sense. Good opportunity for Punk to cut promos saying he can't believe that WWE is letting the belt run loose like that. :)

WWE is running into that brick wall again, though, of having Cena in a feud with a guy who is way more popular with the live crowd than he is.

It'll also give WWE at least 4 months of programming where Cena is the main event without the title being involved.

Why y'all still speculating? I already fantasy booked the perfect scenario. Anything else is futile.

Cena Fantasy Booking:

1. Fight Punk (maybe also Show in 3 way) at SS, lose due to whatever shenanigans
2. D. Brine gets back into the fold, 3 way at Sept PPV, D. Brine cheats Cena out of the win but Punk retains with GTS on Bryan
3. Cena vs. Bryan #1 Contender on Raw, Bryan cheats his way to a win. Punk vs Bryan HIAC @ October PPV with Cena as guest ref. Cena gives Bryan an AA out of frustration, realizes mistake and is forced to count the 3 for Punk who laughs the whole time.
4. Team Cena vs. Team Punk @ Survivor Series, Punk drops pipe bomb on Stone Cold who's a guest at the PPV, Team Cena wins due to Team Punk having issues being a team
5. Cena does whatever at TLC, doesn't matter
6. Stone Cold interferes in Punk/Rock at the Rumble because of pipe bomb in November, Rock wins WWE Title, John Cena is final 4 in the Rumble match but loses
7. Rumble winner goes after WHC so Cena wins Elimination Chamber #1 Contender to fight The Rock at WM, Cena wins.
8. Stone Cold vs. Punk @ WM due to Austin cutting Punk's reign short. Added Straight Edge vs. Drunk undertones. Punk wins.
9. New generation has beaten the old, Punk still has a bone to pick over unclean loss at Rumble, Cena accepts challenge, everyone is happy.

But what is Trips doing at Mania?

Ending the streak for a fourth definitive time.

WMX7: Taker blatantly elbow drops the ref on purpose, HHH gets a DQ victory
WM27: Taker cannot walk, HHH can
WM28: HBK was a screwy ref, not a legit loss, HHH wins this somehow
WM29: ???

Kaladin

Ending the streak for a fourth definitive time.

WMX7: Taker blatantly elbow drops the ref on purpose, HHH gets a DQ victory
WM27: Taker cannot walk, HHH can
WM28: HBK was a screwy ref, not a legit loss, HHH wins this somehow
WM29: ???

vs HBK, one last time.

somedevil

Segment Breakdown:

In the segment-by-segment, C.M. Punk vs. Rey Mysterio gained 123,000 viewers. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian also gained 123,000 viewers. Randy Orton vs. Big Show at the top of the hour which also coincided with the familiar 9 p.m. start time gained 480,000 viewers. Ryback vs. Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks plus Titus O’Neil & Darren Young vs. Primo & Epico gained 78,000 viewers. Looking at that lineup, you’d expect that to lose which likely shows Ryback is catching on. The Damien Sandow/Brodus Clay angle lost 135,000 viewers. The return of Kelly Kelly, facing Eve Torres, gained 113,000 viewers. The highest rated segment of the show was Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman and HHH, which gained 232,000 viewers, which is not a strong gain for the 10 p.m. hour, doing a 3.45 quarter. Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley lost 390,000 viewers. Kane vs. The Miz lost 208,000 viewers. And John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan gained 345,000 viewers, which is not a strong overrun segment, finishing at 3.27.

Hard to read this weeks ratings though people are interested in the Brock and Triple H match.

Wrestling Observer is reporting this scenario that leads up to Wrestlemania.

WWE's booking committee are contemplating a scenario where CM Punk would drop the WWE Championship to John Cena at SummerSlam to set up a rematch between Cena and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson at Royal Rumble-Johnson announced at Raw 1,000 that he would face whoever the WWE Champion is at the January pay-per-view event. Johnson would defeat Cena at the Rumble and then defend the title against Punk at WrestleMania XXIX.

I like this scenario alot more than the current one being set up.

I would much prefer that WM match, but there's no fucking chance in hell Rock is going over Cena again, so I don't see any scenario in which it can work.

That's boring. I like Punk holding the title for over a year and still beating the Rock at RR, taunting the shit out of Cena about how he could do what Cena couldn't do. Best in the World.

then Rock wouldn't have a reason to take part in Wrestlemania. Vince probably promised him a title run as a thank you for sticking around after Mania 27

Are we really spoiler tagging Meltzer's bs now? :lol

Kaladin

But HBK said it wouldnt be fair to the Undertaker.

Week 1: Triple H will ask for the match near Mania, HBK will refuse for that reason.
Week 2: Triple H confronts Taker who will give his blessing because of HBK's actions during the HIAC. "It must be finished" or something along those lines.
Week 3: Triple H asks Undertaker to ref the match and he refuses, also announces that he is not a part of this Wrestlemania.
Week 4: Triple H asks Undertaker again to ref the match, Taker agrees on the condition that Triple H's career is on the line.

NawidA

Banned
Right now its:

Brock vs Triple H
Cena vs CM Punk vs Big Show
Sheamus vs Del Rio
Ziggle vs Jericho
Bryan vs Kane
Ziggler vs. Jericho is the only real exciting match.

For the first match, I don't HHH will even sell the beat down like Cena did and if Brock loses, fuck this company forever.

The WWE title match would be so much better without Big Show.

How many times have we seen this match? Del Rio will dominate until a brogue kick from out of nowhere.

Bryan vs Kane will be good but it has absolutely no build.

Where are the matches for Intercontinental, US, tag team, or Diva belts? They want this to be the second biggest show of the year, right?

Kaladin

Yep and in the Brock Match its Heyman in his corner and Shawn Michaels in Triple H corner.

We might get a tag match though it could be the youtube match.

They only have five matches on a usually eight match show. That means we'll get a tag match, Ryback squash and a Brodus Clay match.

McNei1y

Yep and in the Brock Match its Heyman in his corner and Shawn Michaels in Triple H corner.

We might get a tag match though it could be the youtube match.

Oh forgot HBK and Heyman were in the corners.

What a plain PPV. I mean, a falls count would be pretty cool at least.

dream

In the segment-by-segment, C.M. Punk vs. Rey Mysterio gained 123,000 viewers. Alberto Del Rio vs. Christian also gained 123,000 viewers. Randy Orton vs. Big Show at the top of the hour which also coincided with the familiar 9 p.m. start time gained 480,000 viewers. Ryback vs. Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks plus Titus O’Neil & Darren Young vs. Primo & Epico gained 78,000 viewers. Looking at that lineup, you’d expect that to lose which likely shows Ryback is catching on. The Damien Sandow/Brodus Clay angle lost 135,000 viewers. The return of Kelly Kelly, facing Eve Torres, gained 113,000 viewers. The highest rated segment of the show was Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar, Paul Heyman and HHH, which gained 232,000 viewers, which is not a strong gain for the 10 p.m. hour, doing a 3.45 quarter. Dolph Ziggler vs. Alex Riley lost 390,000 viewers. Kane vs. The Miz lost 208,000 viewers. And John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan gained 345,000 viewers, which is not a strong overrun segment, finishing at 3.27.

somedevil

Yeah, I'm worried that in their 1st real match Brodus will win.

They are high on Sandow so I bet it won't happen. Here are though the possible matches that could fill up the rest of the card:

Tag match: This could be a triple threat tag team match
Sandow vs Brodus
Ryback vs Jinder
Cesaro vs Santino
Cesaro vs Christian
Miz vs Rey

Kccitystar

lol.

You know what'd be great?

If Ambrose debuted and did some crazy stuff like kidnap AJ then like throw her down the deepest part of a gutter or something and then Raw would be 'Chaos' without a GM.

All of these awesome ways to debut Ambrose but you know WWE is going to go and choose plan F) None of the above and go with the worst possible way. In turn...

iUMyxB7CIMQHI.gif

Top Bottom