• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

DMczaf

This thread is getting stupid.

ix1VKB0clBCxs.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
So I was watching the latest episode of The Newsroom and some girl got a cryptic text there (about the killing of Bin Laden) and she translated the text as "The Rock has come back to lay the smackdown on Triple H."

And since the girl was hot, I was like, yay, they do exist! There is hope!

Then I realised she was just reading lines from her script and I was sad again.

bangai-o

Banned
I'll assume you're only talking about lines from the wrestlers.

5. Kevin Nash had one line and it was (in response to Leo saying "Shredder, you gotta to listen to reason! You're gonna kill us all!") "Then so be it!" Also, it probably wasn't even Nash who said this.
4. Necro Butcher: "Staple gun... Not so bad on the way in, except it's a little scary, you know - you got this metal thing pressed up against you. Gonna leave some marks, have to deal with a little blood loss." is the most memorable line from him, but I'm a personal fan of his line talking about how he doesn't like to run "Maybe I hit the ropes for you once... take a bump, just no criss-crossing stuff"
3. "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum"
2. Hogan (as Thunderlips): "The ultimate male versus... the ultimate meatball. Ha, ha, ha."
1. This one is a tie, Jesse Ventura: "Buncha slack jawed ------- around here, this stuff will make you a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus!" as well as "I ain't got time to bleed". Really everything he says and does in this movie is awesome.
i didn even know Nash was in Ninja Turtles. The Thunderlips quote is hilarious. For Predator i was thinking of whe he said "sunufa bitc is dug in like an Alabama tick." havent seen te other movies.

G-Fex

Turtles II is a great movie, Nash being in it is the icing on the cake.

No 3 Ninjas: Showdown at Mega Mountain?

No Suburban Commando?

No The Nanny?

No Thunder in paradise?

SMH Wrasslegaf

strobogo

Banned
Fantasy matches? Here's a few random ones I'd go for;

Kerry Von Erich vs Austin Aries - the Texas Tornado vs the Greatest Man that Ever Lived, a mis-match in size but both are/were arguably the best all-round wrestlers of their generations.

unless awful booking prevails

Best all-around wrestler of his generation? Kerry wasn't even the best in his family.

A list of guys who debuted around the same time as KVE who were way better than KVE:

Curt Hennig, The Barbarian, Matt Borne, Barry Windham, Mike Rotunda, Brad Armstrong, Arn Anderson, Rick Rude, William Regal, Buddy Landell, Terry Taylor, Eddie Gilbert, Dean Malekno, The British Bulldog, Butch Reed, Dave Taylor, Terry Gordy, Meng, Dr. Death. If you really want to push it since they all kind of hit it "big" around the same time, Taker, HBK, and Scott Hall all debuted with in a few years of KVE. Taker and HBK were stars at the same time KVE had his run in the WWF.

Kerry borderline sucked. His name is only remembered (and he only made it to the WWF) because he had a great look and his family was wrestling royalty in an big territory during a boom period. He was not a great wrestler. He was not a good wrestler. He wasn't even an all-around wrestler at all. He certainly was no where near the top of his generation. David and Kevin were both way better than him in everything but looks.

Right now its:

Brock vs Triple H
Cena vs CM Punk vs Big Show
Sheamus vs Del Rio
Ziggle vs Jericho
Bryan vs Kane

Pre show should be Santino losing the title....IMO

And a quick match Ryback vs Miz?

MY fantasy booking going on...lol

I wish Bryan was around the Owen Hart days..R.I.P Would of been a awesome match

Best all-around wrestler of his generation? Kerry wasn't even the best in his family.

I won't dispute that, David & Kevin were always the better technicians than Kerry, but this is all-round wrestler I'm talking about here. Kerry had the looks, the charisma, the selling ability (far ahead of that of his brothers) and the crispness in the ring that set him apart from a lot of his peers. It's not always about how much you do in the ring, but how you do it, and Kerry was always an exciting talent to watch. Also, guys that "borderline suck" don't have main event matches in Korakuen Hall against the likes of Jumbo Tsuruta.

More like the Barrett Brothers. Count me in until his theme music is revealed.

Excuse me I believe I always believed in Wade Barrett and his Barett Barrage.
Yes, Barrett brothers does have a better ring to it, since Barrett gets a new theme every month here's hoping he finally gets a theme that actually suits him instead of amazing stuff like I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF MEEEE! Last heard blaring out of an angst filled teenager's room I'd imagine

Aiii

So not worth it
Terrible acting there.

Hey now! I'll have none of this! Keep at it and this weeks observer will be all about how Aiii worked a very stiff match to teach Heavy a lesson. :|

So, this is happening:
WWE will launch a Saturday morning program geared towards children on August 25, Los Angeles Time reports.

In two weeks, Saban Brands will launch Vortexx, a five-hour block of original children’s programming aimed at young boys. The slate of shows will air on the CW television network, with WWE Saturday Morning Slam anchoring the block.

The half-hour program will feature one wrestling match a week, as well as Superstar profiles, behind-the-scenes footage and anti-bullying messages via ‘be a STAR.’

Saban Brands approached WWE about doing the show after executives noticed toys featuring WWE Superstars were among the best-selling items. According to Los Angeles Times, WWE’s research shows that children, including a “healthy contingent” of boys younger than 12, consist of 22% of their viewing audience. Saban and WWE are hoping to capitalize on the data with Saturday Morning Slam.

Eric Pankowski, senior vice president for WWE creative and development, said the organization is aware of potential media concerns of violence airing on a program geared toward children.

“We are very sensitive to the fact that we are speaking to an audience of children,” said Pankowski. “We want to make sure that the content that we put on at 10 o’clock on Saturday morning is appropriate for younger audiences.”

I'm guessing kids will learn all about stealing the bully's stuff and wrecking it or calling the girls that kiss boys Hoeski's. Because really, be a star and stand up against bullies kids!

G-Fex

Aw I thought it would be like Hulk Hogan's Rock and Roll Wrestling.

Who will be the jobbers to compete on the show?

Aiii

So not worth it
Aw I thought it would be like Hulk Hogan's Rock and Roll Wrestling.

Who will be the jobbers to compete on the show?

Santino, Brodus and Ryder will be heavily featured I guess.

Oh my, this is the best news, apologies if repeat:
Though it would appear that Kelly Kelly is back full-time with WWE following her appearance on Raw, as of a few days ago, she had not committed to a road schedule. She is only committed to working for the next two or three weeks and as an ambassador afterward.

Z0gju.gif

I cried.

strobogo

Banned
I won't dispute that, David & Kevin were always the better technicians than Kerry, but this is all-round wrestler I'm talking about here. Kerry had the looks, the charisma, the selling ability (far ahead of that of his brothers) and the crispness in the ring that set him apart from a lot of his peers. It's not always about how much you do in the ring, but how you do it, and Kerry was always an exciting talent to watch. Also, guys that "borderline suck" don't have main event matches in Korakuen Hall against the likes of Jumbo Tsuruta.

Except that match would have never been booked if David hadn't died. His short reign was only a token gift to the Von Erich family, and was kept short because he was already heavy in his drug dependencies. Kerry was never groomed for the title because everyone knew he wasn't as good as David and wasn't nearly as dependable. Which he proved for the rest of his career. Kerry was a god in Texas. Everywhere else he was a mid level talent with a top level look. At best.

I also wouldn't use main eventing Japan shows as proof of great talent. Would you really argue that guys like Abby and Tiger Jeet Singh were really talented guys? Japan has a history of making bizarre choices in their foreign talent. They still do. A lot of really terrible Americans have ended up on major Japan tours.

jmdajr

God that's the worst.

It's like her normal terrible rope running PLUS the fact that she's rusty at it or something.

Kinda funny how it's such a big deal on Tough Enough but she gets a free pass.
Well it's not LIKE I ever saw Khali run the ropes either.

You know who was great on the ropes?

THE ULTIMATE...WARRIOR!

Aiii

So not worth it
I just don't get why they even allow her to run the ropes. Can't anyone in the back just tell her. "You know Barbie, you can't fucking run the ropes for the life of you. It looks like ass and quite frankly running the ropes is supposed to give the impression you're picking up extra speed and the way you do it is actually slowing you down. So next time, just take a few steps back and just run forward instead of gingerly touching the ropes."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm here to Batista Bomb this Thursday workday.

dyIcu.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sounds like Naito's okay.

He competed yesterday and
beat MVP, who's had a real bad G1 so far
, but his knee was bandaged up.

I also wouldn't use main eventing Japan shows as proof of great talent. Would you really argue that guys like Abby and Tiger Jeet Singh were really talented guys? Japan has a history of making bizarre choices in their foreign talent. They still do. A lot of really terrible Americans have ended up on major Japan tours.

They were talented in their own regard and were insanely over for that fact, but no, I wouldn't argue that they were fantastically talented wrestlers. But they weren't booked as such, they were booked as crazy gaijin heels, whose matches almost always broke down into crazy blood-filled brawls. Japan also has a history of utilising American guys a lot better than many of the major companies in the US. Hell, Luke Gallows just came off a tour of NOAH and was actually pretty great.

Top Bottom