• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

G-Fex

number one you guys don't get simpsons references.

number two, I really really really really really don't like Punk nor AJ.

bangai-o

Banned
There's no combination of wrestlers in the WWE I'd want to see wrestle for an hour right now. Eff Iron Man Matches.

They should be concentrating on rebuilding some damn divisions. And getting rid of the stupid 3rd hour. And getting rid of GM's. And getting rid of the bling title.
why do all that whe they can just make fun of wcw on a youtube show?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
According to Meltzer, Naito still wrestled the match against MVP, but he barely did anything, so he either A)Is injured or B)They're using it to push him more as a babyface. Fighting through injury or whatever.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cenahashi is just gonna overcome dem odds again anyways.

There's no way he gets to be champ AND win G1. NJPW seems real concerned with making Okada and Naito the new Nakamura and Tanashi of the mid 2000s. One of them's going to win. Or maybe Karl, but there's no way it's Tanahashi.

Jitters

Shawn and Bret.

I consider those two to be some of the best performers, so on paper I would think they would have the best ,but there were way too many rest holds and parts that dragged on for too long. But then again, they didn't have the benefit of it being no dq. So for me, its Cena/Orton.

why do all that whe they can just make fun of wcw on a youtube show?

:lol, I don't even understand how you got there

But one thing I'd love to happen is to delete the Monday Night Wars + Attitude Era from everyone's mind. Stupid nostalgia is holding everything back. The WWE needs a reboot.

G-Fex

He's not here. He's on the set of his new movie, Batman 4.

Alright big man.

It's time we settle things between us.

*narrows eyes*

If not, then we discuss the details in which we determine the time and location in which we will settle said things that was mentioned a moment ago.

Striker

I consider those two to be some of the best performers, so on paper I would think they would have the best ,but there were way too many rest holds and parts that dragged on for too long. But then again, they didn't have the benefit of it being no dq. So for me, its Cena/Orton.
HE1TA.jpg

DMczaf

Alright big man.

It's time we settle things between us.

*narrows eyes*

If not, then we discuss the details in which we determine the time and location in which we will settle said things that was mentioned a moment ago.

I already told you, we settle this on the biggest stage of them all.

7-500x312.jpg

Trips/Rock also had the coolest Undertaker return of all time. I don't think Taker has ever gotten a louder Pop. It was crazy!

WWF - Judgment Day 2000 Undertaker Returns

Real men rank this as the best Iron Man Match, it's also one of my favourite matches of all time, it and the main event from Backlash 2000 a month earlier form a mighty blockbuster combo of overbooked brilliance.

Damn lets get the hype reel in here as well.

And on a related note to the above this is the best theme used in one of those match build up promos.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
pfft, they couldn't even go for an hour and Angle pussies out of sudden death.
But it is a good Raw match. Wasn't there another 30 minute one once with Benoit/HHH?

Angle and Michaels are 2x at intense and athletic as Rock and Trips, so the math adds up

I think it was like some sort of crazy Iron Man Submission match.

Oh yeah, the ultimate submission match at Backlash 2001, I think it was a 30 minute deal.
Unfortunately this matches existence trickled into some of the SD games and it would keep popping up in season/story modes to torment you.

G-Fex

OK

Tomorrow when I come out of work in the morning I'll continue HCTP season mode with Batista

Today I was wayyy too tired.

somedevil

Here are the supposed possible 3 remaining matches for Summerslam:

A three-way WWE Tag Team Title match with Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Titus O'Neil and Darren Young vs. Primo and Epico may end up on the WWE SummerSlam card. Other matches possible for the show in less than two weeks are The Miz vs. Rey Mysterio for the Intercontinental Title and Damien Sandow vs. Brodus Clay.

If this happens I wonder if the youtube match is Cesaro vs Santino

Watching AAW - Scars & Stripes 2012 (MP4 download available at SmartMarkVideo), and in the opening 4-way match some dude calling himself 'The War God' Lamar Titan hits a move I haven't seen before as he goes for a Rock Bottom/uranage and transitions it into a back cracker;

iSamudtJQAHTb.gif

Not a bad opener, and the rest of the show looks good on paper - Davey Richards vs Finlay in Fit's last indie match (hopefully he beats the crap out of Davey) and a main event ladder match with Arik Cannon vs Jimmy Jacobs vs Silas Young.

Top Bottom