• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Aiii

So not worth it
Cesario's "I'm a heel because I speak in a foreign language" isn't working for me.

Pretty much for the same reason every other German-speaking Heel doesn't work for me I guess, because I can speak fucking German.

For all the WWE pretends to be a "worldwide" company, they focus way too much on the US audiences. No I don't cheer for people using "USA! USA!" as a face pop and no, I won't boo a guy for speaking German (or Swiss, which is similar enough).

Give me another reason to dislike a person then which country they're from, please!

Cesario's "I'm a heel because I speak in a foreign language" isn't working for me.

Pretty much for the same reason every other German-speaking Heel doesn't work for me I guess, because I can speak fucking German.

For all the WWE pretends to be a "worldwide" company, they focus way too much on the US audiences. No I don't cheer for people using "USA! USA!" as a face pop and no, I won't boo a guy for speaking German (or Swiss, which is similar enough).

Give me another reason to dislike a person then which country they're from, please!

wait i thought he was a sweedish rugby player. Also i agree the whole lets get a forgin guy for USA chants is dumb and cheap. I rather have a good villian with personailt than a villian the is bad cuz he not from America

trunbuns

wait i thought he was a sweedish rugby player. Also i agree the whole lets get a forgin guy for USA chants is dumb and cheap. I rather have a good villian with personailt than a villian the is bad cuz he not from America

Hassan was the best 'foreign' heel ever. Anything else just seems a downgrade now because no-one will ever get that level of heat with a similar gimmick.

Aiii

So not worth it
So Caylee Turner, who was so horrible on NXT this week, is Alicia Fox' sister. Go figure. Hard to imagine someone as talented in the ring as Alicia Fox can have such a terrible working sister.

Well, at least she jobbed to Paige.

Muffin

Neo Member
So Caylee Turner, who was so horrible on NXT this week, is Alicia Fox' sister. Hard to imagine someone as talented in the ring as Alicia Fox can have such a terrible working sister.

Well, at least she jobbed to Paige.

Paige gets more pop on NXT than any other wrassler and I am so alright with that. She's good at riling up that normally timid crowd.

Also, so sad at chants during Caylee match. Also also, wtf is Kaitlyn doing?

Muffin

Neo Member
She's turning heel, I guess.

She's so horrible at wrestling and not wrestling. I can't stand that she constantly acts scared in the ring (always sliding or rolling out) lately for no apparent reason. She's jacked and could be a good aggressive heel, but instead she's pitched as the girl next door?! no sense

Also, so sad at chants during Caylee match. Also also, wtf is Kaitlyn doing?

She's crushing walnuts
Celeste-Bonin-Feet-407460.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Aiii

So not worth it
Good. Get her out of the WWE and get her a job at G4 with the other girls who pretend to be huge geeks to get nerds to fall in love with them.

Teenage AJ and her MGS action figures laugh in your general direction.

Really don't get the internet-geeks who hate on girls just for sharing their interests. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ has gone from one of my favorite characters to absolute dogshit in the space of 4 weeks.

She redeems herself a bit tonight I should say.

But really, WWE Creative is dropping the ball by making her a GM. But then again, I'm not surprised. They have turned the divas division to absolute shit, so after the storyline with Punk, Bryan and Kane ended they couldn't exactly put her in the divas division and keep her on TV weekly without moving her to a non-wrestling role.

And instead of actually building the division so AJ and soon the likes of Paige and Shaul Guerrero have somewhere to go instead of becoming valets/managers they're putting Kelly Kelly over Eve on Raw.

AJ proves to them the crowd can get invested in female characters and still they refuse to push any of 'em. Literally can't remember the last time I saw Beth on Raw or Smackdown.

making her GM was a bad idea, she should have ended up with bryan or punk. and still have her compete. I hoping the signing of sara del rey means they are taking a serous approach to the divas division because they have the talent to make it competitive.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI in case people got the impression I was calling AJ's geekery feigned, I wasn't.

There's a whole bunch of tweets that are carefully engineered to endear her to people but I AINT BUYIN IT. It's like if I tweeted...

"Man it's hard to find a salad that isn't so big it makes me bloated after I eat it. Why can't I find a belt small enough for my waist?" etc etc.

Also Fex I RTed your Batista legacy...because I can't watch live, and I have to do work at work for another 3 hours and then it's time for hijinks.

G-Fex

FYI in case people got the impression I was calling AJ's geekery feigned, I wasn't.

There's a whole bunch of tweets that are carefully engineered to endear her to people but I AINT BUYIN IT. It's like if I tweeted...

"Man it's hard to find a salad that isn't so big it makes me bloated after I eat it. Why can't I find a belt small enough for my waist?" etc etc.

Also Fex I RTed your Batista legacy...because I can't watch live, and I have to do work at work for another 3 hours and then it's time for hijinks.

Cool, I'll probably be streaming for hours maybe?

pants

its better then EVIL AUTHORITY FIGURE they have had for 10 years. the whole crazy chick angle seems to be dropped.

Thats like her entire gimmick. Also a heel GM is better to have, the faces should be chasing. GM however should NOT get involved with superstars directly.

Thats like her entire gimmick. Also a heel GM is better to have, the faces should be chasing. GM however should NOT get involved with superstars directly.

well she is doing a bad job at it. turning you head sideways does not mean you are crazy. all the mind games she played with punk/bryan was great. She just seems to be their to fued with bryan and punk now.

well she is doing a bad job at it. turning you head sideways does not mean you are crazy. all the mind games she played with punk/bryan was great. She just seems to be their to fued with bryan and punk now.

AJ as GM still needs a bit more time but everything that made her AJ in the first place is not being transitioned well into her new role.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A "crazy GM" angle would be great, because the GM could then book insane matches that pit friend against friend! Things that would break up tag teams, kick off all sorts of storylines, and...

Wait, they're not doing any of that. Thanks WWE.

Jamie OD

That's why I don't care about Jinder Mahal. Generic foreign heel #4,736.

They should just copy that joke from the robot fighting episode of Futurama. Have some foreign heel's promo just be "I'm not from here! Look at my craaaazy passport!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's why I don't care about Jinder Mahal. Generic foreign heel #4,736.

They should just copy that joke from the robot fighting episode of Futurama. Have some foreign heel's promo just be "I'm not from here! Look at my craaaazy passport!"

Jinder NEEDS to paint himself red and be an Evil Genie. Call himself Al-Qadim.

Novid

Banned
She redeems herself a bit tonight I should say.

But really, WWE Creative is dropping the ball by making her a GM. But then again, I'm not surprised. They have turned the divas division to absolute shit, so after the storyline with Punk, Bryan and Kane ended they couldn't exactly put her in the divas division and keep her on TV weekly without moving her to a non-wrestling role.

And instead of actually building the division so AJ and soon the likes of Paige and Shaul Guerrero have somewhere to go instead of becoming valets/managers they're putting Kelly Kelly over Eve on Raw.

AJ proves to them the crowd can get invested in female characters and still they refuse to push any of 'em. Literally can't remember the last time I saw Beth on Raw or Smackdown.

Lets see now.

you have 5 hours of TV.

in those five hours of tv, you have tout, you have segments, promotions of PPV's.
You have AJ, a pesudo animu trope machine, promoted as hard as some of the men, to have a ending straight out of one of those shojo manga. Instead of promoting the division on an expanded raw. or making it a staple on smackdown like they have done in the past - you take AJ, the trope machine, make her GM - dont use Eve or Vickie as her rival - then have Eve lose to Kelly Kelly on Smackdown - preventing Eve to at least have a closer role to AJ.

I told yall, you gonna have three hours, and one womans champion and dont use the division? Get rid of it pronto. It isnt needed. If all they gonna do is to promote the men - and the Saban deal for Saturday Morning Slam proves they are going to stay PG for a considerable amount of time, and GOD knows how the CW feels about "Objectivfivng Women" expecially on SatAM, end the female division period.

Top Bottom