• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Entropia

No One Remembers
GUYS
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/xzudq/should_the_wwe_have_an_offseason/

Let's have this discussion here.

Question: Do you think wrestling should be done in seasons like every other TV show or sports?

While I think it'd be a good idea... I like the suggestion someone made that each wrestler can get 2 months off and have it rotate around.

Examples:
John Cena could take off after Survivor Series and come back at Royal Rumble.
Ziggler could be off after the Royal Rumble and come back at Wrestlemania or mid-march.

The advantage to that first and foremost is that it keeps things fresh. Cena won't be around the entire year and WWE will have to focus its spotlight on another star so they can help build the franchise around another star.

Secondly, it gives them time to rest! The WWE obviously has a very brutal traveling schedule. This gives them time to relax and recover. They can also use that time to train or get into better shape or something. This would increase the overall longevity of a wrestler's career and probably their overall satisfaction.

but... there's good wrestling on SmackDown

Good WWE style wrestling. That, alone, is not enough for me to care since I can go watch any number of other companies with GREAT wrestling + a variety of styles. If Vince treats it like a B show, so will I....by not watching.

Only so long I can watch a bunch of midcarders trade meaningless wins back and forth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Observer Friday Edition is here!

--The OT has been abuzz with the big changes early in the week, seeing KOG fade into the background and G-Fex, who some call his "real persona" emerging into the limelight. G-Fex was quick to dismiss KOG's existance, saying KOG "shouldn't be talked about."

This is extremely reminiscent of the way Mankind and Dude Love turned into Mick Foley by the end - and G-Fex has been mentioning that he is indeed a Foley mark, so look for the plot to be dropped as G-Fex to go on as G-Fex. Some Wrasslegaffers say that KOG may appear again for a one-off, though G-Fex is denying it.

--Sunflower was recently caught in a "Cheesy songs you like" thread and admitted to enjoying Ashlee Simpson's music. When pressed about it, Sunflower told Sokantish that it was true. In the meantime, other Wrasslegaffers have been spotted in that thread liking anything from Limp Bizkit to some popular "Call Me Maybe" song, but turned tail and fled when asked.

--Earlier this week, revered poster Bootaaay admitted that while he enjoys a lot of indie and puro wrestling, he also has a soft spot for deathmatches. Look for Bootaaay to participate in one once the October thread begins, and work starts in earnest on the WWE 13 e-fed at GAF.

--Net_Wrecker has been telling anyone who will listen that he has yet to see Antonio Cesaro on a wrestling show. GAF has been reminding him that there are other outlets, but Wrecker is disregarding all advice.

--Heavy is said to be fed up with Wrasslegaf and worried about other issues. Much like seeing John Cena lose his fire and motivation when going through his divorce, this newly-despondent Heavy is not a welcome change in the Wrasslegaf locker room. Some friends of Heavy have tried cheering him up, but an anonymous backstage source says "It's tough. I went through the same kind of feelings, and it wasn't easy." Here's hoping Heavy gets his smile back and continues to motivate the GAF locker room.

--Aiii has come under fire lately with his anti-stinkface comments in the OT. Despite many people enjoying it, the point Aiii makes is that it is still rubbing a buttcrack in your face - something nobody should enjoy. Proponents of the stink-face are considered, according to an anonymous source, "sexual deviants, and have probably enjoyed a rimjob or two in their lives." Aiii remains unswayed.

--SoulPlaya has stepped back from Wrasslegaf in order to take a long-overdue vacation. Immediately upon his departure, Kane talk on Wrasslegaf has sunk to an all-time low, though some of the Wrasslegaf locker room call it "a blessing in disguise" - here's hoping when SoulPlaya returns his Kane gimmick is toned down, but reports from others who have been in contact with him say that there's a very real possibility it will come back stronger than ever.

--Speaking of SoulPlaya, his countenance is still around Wrasslegaf. Some suspect the man under the mask is Bean Breath, who may have been instructed by higher-ups to keep the Kane gimmick alive and in the fans' minds before SoulPlaya comes back.

--Plywood was recently released by Wrasslegaf for spraypainting an opposing federation's locker room with .gif tags. This is highly unprofessional and despite his spraypainting being supported by virtually all of Wrasslegaf, the policy has to stand and Plywood was released. He will be eligible for re-hire after a month, if not less - it's said to be mostly lip service to GAF officials.

--Jitters has nothing but praise for his TNA viewing, calling Bully Ray a bright spot in an otherwise tepid heel situation. Bully Ray could not be reached for comment, but Jitters has always been a good scout for talent and other members have noticed his words.

--Speaking of G-Fex, his Here Comes the Pain series has been met with critical acclaim. G-Fex also has some big plans in the works for the vaunted relaunch of Wrasslegaf's September OT - there is said to be a huge community build and a way to integrate the fans with Wrasslegaf better than before. More to come on this in the coming weeks.

tm24

Sunflower, the work you put into these GAF Observer are amazing. Are you saving these so you can randomly post bits from past GAF Observers in the future?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good shit Sunflower. Love these.

Sunflower, the work you put into these GAF Observer are amazing. Are you saving these so you can randomly post bits from past GAF Observers in the future?

Glad you guys enjoy them. Not saving em at all - but perhaps I should look into it for the future.

And I'm listening to Ashlee Simpson right now with NO REGRETS except all of them. I hate this music.

DMczaf

I'm never in the Observer.

ibvqFmgrjFKUwy.jpg

Great read, i am anti stink face except for rikishi.

Also Net wrecker check out cesaro stuff from FCW its pretty good. NXT is the best place to watch wrestling in the wwe

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If Vince treats it like a B show, so will I....by not watching.
You haven't learned the Rule of Vince yet?

In the WWE, the further you get from Vince's influence, the better the show will be.

Getting hung up on who's a "midcarder" or whatever is your own problem.

NXT is the best wrestling show going right now.

Impact got canceled?

Also Net wrecker check out cesaro stuff from FCW its pretty good. NXT is the best place to watch wrestling in the wwe

I've seen his FCW stuff, and I'm very familiar with his work prior to Da 'E. Just commented that I've yet to see him wrestle in Da 'E.

You haven't learned the Rule of Vince yet?

In the WWE, the further you get from Vince's influence, the better the show will be.

Getting hung up on who's a "midcarder" or whatever is your own problem.

I've also learned that the further you are from Vince's influence, the less it matters in the long run. If I have to watch the WWE every week, I'd rather watch skip through the show where stuff happening actually has even the smallest feel of importance. Blasting through 3 hour Raws has revealed to me how little I care for TV matches.

EDIT: TV matches in their current WWE form, anyway. Impact still has some great TV matches every week or so.

Legendary Japanese high-flyer Eiji Ezaki, aka Hayabusa was invited backstage by Big Johnny as a special guest on WWE's Japanese tour, where he met up with old friends Rey Mysterio & Alberto Del Rio who Hayabusa trained with in Mexico early on in his career. Hayabusa was unfortunately paralysed in 2001 after a boctched Asai Moonsault dumped him on his head. Here he is with Rey & Del Rio;

ih2iUxX2haaLh.jpg

i6iUAYaCmGFGg.jpg

Always cool to see WWE do stuff like this, kudos to Big Johnny.

GAF Observer said:
--Earlier this week, revered poster Bootaaay admitted that while he enjoys a lot of indie and puro wrestling, he also has a soft spot for deathmatches. Look for Bootaaay to participate in one once the October thread begins, and work starts in earnest on the WWE 13 e-fed at GAF.

I can confirm that while classic death match stips like barbed wire, electrified cages and light-tubes may very well be in play, cheap shock gimmicks such as syringes, breeze blocks, weed whackers and kenzan spikes are just a step too far. I want to prove that death match wrestling can be more than just two idiots taking it in turns to maim each other.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Always cool to see WWE do stuff like this, kudos to Big Johnny.

I can confirm that while classic death match stips like barbed wire, electrified cages and light-tubes may very well be in play, cheap shock gimmicks such as syringes, breeze blocks, weed whackers and kenzan spikes are just a step too far. I want to prove that death match wrestling can be more than just two idiots taking it in turns to maim each other.

That's super-cool. There's not much to dislike about Johnny.

You'll need to petition G-Fex to see if Mr. Bootaaay can have a clause in his contract ala WCW that gives you some control over match types. I can't say for sure if Fex is going to go Vince mode on you and deliver an ultimatum, but we'll see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I do need to ask - with this Community revamp I've been tossing around ideas for, I'd love to make a little Wrasslegaf video. But I need to know if we've got any way to rip Touts.

Basically my idea is the community Tout acct for Wrasslegaf - and we all make a Tout saying "I am Wrasslegaf" and I can put them all together into a video. No names, nothing defining who you are (unless you're super obvious about it, lookin at you Perspicacity) and just a kind of neat little nerdy thing to do.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I do need to ask - with this Community revamp I've been tossing around ideas for, I'd love to make a little Wrasslegaf video. But I need to know if we've got any way to rip Touts.

Basically my idea is the community Tout acct for Wrasslegaf - and we all make a Tout saying "I am Wrasslegaf" and I can put them all together into a video. No names, nothing defining who you are (unless you're super obvious about it, lookin at you Perspicacity) and just a kind of neat little nerdy thing to do.

I'm sure there's some scraper program out there that would allow you to download/save a Tout.

G-Fex

Biker ninjas, right.

Still better than

A fucking doofus in a matching color hat and shirt.

A boring moron with greasy hair whos champion

A bearded joke character

A woman in charge that is quite possibly the worst GM (hint: not cause she's a woman) ever

a fucking dancing funkasaurus.

WERE HOT OFF THE HEELS OF A LOVE MARRIAGE TRIANGLE PEOPLE

for some reason this reminded me of AT BACKLASH!
Clearly this but At Wrasslegaf.
Hang on, tout? oh we are playing into WWE's grimy hands now!

Still better than

A bearded joke character

A woman in charge that is quite possibly the worst GM (hint: not cause she's a woman) ever

You might be watching the wrong NXT

Lesser of 2 evils.

Oh? What's wrong with NXT?
I mean I know that Regal/JR are no Tenay/Taz, but competency is a thing you can get used to.

Aiii

So not worth it
Still don't see what AJ did as a GM that was so horrible.

GM's suck, fine, but AJ didn't do anything other then sign some matches and have a storyline with Bryan, which is not anything new.

After our Boilerroom Brawl we're gonna have an old-fashioned Cage-match G-Fex!

Oh? What's wrong with NXT?
I mean I know that Regal/JR are no Tenay/Taz, but competency is a thing you can get used to.

Oh snap, I was comparing vs. Raw.

NXT? I guess it's okay for a "spin-off". Doesn't mean I'm going out of my way every week to watch more slightly better WWE style stuff that also ultimately doesn't matter in the long run.

bangai-o

Banned
G-Fex also has some big plans in the works for the vaunted relaunch of Wrasslegaf's September OT - there is said to be a huge community build and a way to integrate the fans with Wrasslegaf better than before. More to come on this in the coming weeks.

Keyser gets screwed again.

Sokantish

Still better than

A bearded joke character

A doofus in a matching color hat and shirt? Wow that's terrible man

Are you talking about CM Punk or Sheamus? I really don't know

TNA has a bearded joke character

TNA has a woman in charge that is terrible

G-Fex

Eric Young > CM Punk.

Shit I streamed that game for hours now. Amazing how caught up with it I was. I'm so fucking tired from work yet I still managed to play hours of HCTP.

Anyways here's how it ended so far.

3NPgE.jpg

Oh snap, I was comparing vs. Raw.

NXT? I guess it's okay for a "spin-off". Doesn't mean I'm going out of my way every week to watch more slightly better WWE style stuff that also ultimately doesn't matter in the long run.

Doesn't matter? Yeah I'll give TNA that, everything that happens there is pretty important in the long run.

0.jpg

Top Bottom