• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

bangai-o

Banned
i turned on tna. this guy Bobby Roode music sounds like the mid boss in a fighting game with cheap moves i cant block.

edit
oh. i guess this observation has already been established.

A no rematch clause is a decent way to up the ante - it cuts deep, but it doesn't necessarily mean that the main event will be overbooked. That was actually pretty entertaining, for a contract signing. It feels weird not to see a big brawl afterwards, though.

BadAss2961

Shit......now Aries is definitely loosing on Sunday.
Should be a great match, but I see it this way too.

They're in a bit of a tough spot with Aries if he loses the title so fast though. He should be a main eventer, but he should also be heel. And it's tough being a main event heel with Roode being "the guy."

Should be a great match, but I see it this way too.

They're in a bit of a tough spot with Aries if he loses the title so fast though. He should be a main eventer, but he should also be heel. And it's tough being a main event heel with Roode being "the guy."
I disagree about Aries needing to be a heel. I think it's easier for someone who is smaller to be a babyface, because no matter what the odds are stacked against you because of your size. People want to cheer David, not Goliath in those type of matches, and odds are Aries will be one of the smaller guys in the main event.

This is why I'm not a fan of Daniel Bryan as a heel. When he's going up against people like Sheamus and Kane, you want to cheer for him because he's the smaller guy, and the underdog.

This would be good. But I guess Roode would have to take a break for a couple months so Aries could establish himself as a top heel.

I can see them dragging out the Aces & 8s thing up until the end of BFG. Have Storm revealed as the leader after some sort of fake swerve (he orders them to attack him to get the heat off, for example), then he has them interfere in his match with Roode, taking him out for an unspecified amount of time.

Aries stays face and now has a new heel to feud with for the belt until Roode comes back.

BadAss2961

I disagree about Aries needing to be a heel. I think it's easier for someone who is smaller to be a babyface, because no matter what the odds are stacked against you because of your size. People want to cheer David, not Goliath in those type of matches, and odds are Aries will be one of the smaller guys in the main event.

This is why I'm not a fan of Daniel Bryan as a heel. When he's going up against people like Sheamus and Kane, you want to cheer for him because he's the smaller guy, and the underdog.
I understand that, but this Aries is watered down a bit even though he's champ. He was obviously better as that cocky asshole running the X Division.

I had the same problem with Punk when they turned him face. It was much worse in his case though since he kinda looked like a hypocrite after all that shit he talked about Cena and his poster boy privileges. Punk was getting close to becoming the same thing.

somedevil

I understand that, but this Aries is watered down a bit even though he's champ. He was obviously better as that cocky asshole running the X Division.

I had the same problem with Punk when they turned him face. It was much worse in his case though since he kinda looked like a hypocrite after all that shit he talked about Cena and his poster boy privileges. Punk was getting close to becoming the same thing.

You sound like this:

2012-06-22-heel-wonderland.jpg

Kyoufu

The people in the division aren't the problem, the booking is.

It's both.

Kofi and R-Truth are somehow tag team champions.

They're two mid-carders thrown together.

Can they even sign him given the lawsuit between the two at the moment? Thats basically stopped the transition of a lot of TNA talent going to WWE.

Think he'd have to wait 90 days or so. Or maybe there isn't a "No compete clause" if he is released. I'm not sure :/

Well, the first heroes he created in the Silver Age were the Fantastic Four. Next came The Hulk, then Spider-Man came a year later. Spider-Man was the most successful out of them all, though. Iron Man, Thor, X-Men all came after that.

Dang, beaten. Good thing I checked before I posted anything.

Technically, Lee's first gig at Marvel was putting in filler text on the Captain America comic books. So if Nash really wanted to stretch it, he could say that he's talking about Cap, although no one gives a damn about the filler text guy.

And comic book trivia aside, Nash is still full of it anyway. You don't need an encyclopedia to tell you that.

You sound like this:

That comic is unrealistic for one reason, and one reason only: it's statistically impossible for three grown men to stand in the same area wearing bowler hats and have all three of them look like they can actually wear them well. At least one of them is going to have an ill-fitting hat that makes them look like a douche.

Top Bottom