• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Haaaaaang on there, partner.

Wrasslin' and Wrasslegaf are synonymous with WWE, those terms stay here.

Here are some suggestions:

Puroresu Genki Desu Ka! |OT| So Desu Ka, MVP-sama?

Lucha Libre |OT| Black Warrior is Black

ROH/CZW/Chikara/etc. |OT| Production Values Improving Gradually

Well now we have a trademark dispute that will take months to resolve. Thread stays whole until then. You'll scroll faster and YOU...WILL..LIKE IT. Good job, FakeRazor.

PS, your beloved circus owner hates "wrasslin, wrestling, pro-wrestling, pro-wrestler" and any other variant of the term. I'm sure the judge will take that into account.

As far as I'm concerned, it's Yoshiaki Fujiwara week;

iqRAOlemxVUFn.gif

Why? Fuck you. That's why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy-OhQh8G48

Heavy was right, WWE needs its own thread.

WWE needs taking out back and shooting in the head. Like Old Yeller.

bean breath said:

So the promotion which has the least to do with Wrasslin' gets to keep the term? You know what, that's so utterly nonsensical it actually fits WWE to a tee.

Here's an idea for a thread title;

September WWE Wrasslin' |OT| where wrestling's good, but only for a couple of weeks a year, max.

Enjoy...

G-Fex

I probably won't make the next month's OT.

BUT

I VOTE that it be a NON-WWE based OT.

TNA based or anything else.

WWE is as far as I'm concerned terrible and doesn't need an OT OP.

What's the point of splitting the thread, though? Even if the offshoot thread didn't get shut down (and this is purely hypothetical, because there's no way that we'd be allowed to have 2 wrestling threads), the flack both threads would catch wouldn't be worth it. If we get two threads to talk about the same damn concept, all the other Community OTs will start crying about privilege.

Plus, at this point all wrestling is connected, even by the faintest of links. Indie and international wrestlers go to TNA and WWE, wrestlers who are FE go to international and indie promotions, and so on and so forth. It's perfectly reasonable to talk about all that stuff in one thread.

Besides, I don't see how 50+ posts about a iPPV ever other week is such a drastic shift from the 30+ posts or so that used to pop up that a second wrestling thread can suddenly become a viable option. It's a bad idea no matter how you cut it. It's conversational segregation, but without the planning or public policy.

Sokantish

I'd go with Puroresu Genki Desu Ka! |OT| So Desu Ka, MVP-sama?

So what did I miss over the past 2 weeks?

Plywood got himself banned for gif spamming Halo-GAF, SoulPlaya has taken a break the internet, and bean breath has donned the SoulPlaya mask and has joined forces with Heavy to get a separate WWE thread going.

You guys are being stupid.

Really really stupid.

Stop pot-kettling. Don't make me dig up your Batman fan fiction, dream vs. G-Fex style.

Sokantish

Why is Robbie E in that match? I still need to get around to watching this week's impact and smackdown.

I really hate Robbie E though

Aiii

So not worth it
001-635x473.jpg

That fat guy on the lower right looks vaguely familiar, yet his identity is a mystery to me. Most intruiging.

Well now we have a trademark dispute that will take months to resolve. Thread stays whole until then. You'll scroll faster and YOU...WILL..LIKE IT. Good job, FakeRazor.

PS, your beloved circus owner hates "wrasslin, wrestling, pro-wrestling, pro-wrestler" and any other variant of the term. I'm sure the judge will take that into account.

Why would a pro-wrestler advocate even go to the courts? Back in the day pro-wrestlers settled all their disputes with specialty matches. Extended legal shenanigans are a Sports Entertainment staple. You guys can't even get your dispute gimmicks straight; the two sides have met in the middle, and the convergence has already occurred!

You guys are being stupid.

Really really stupid.

Stupid, yes. Immature, yes.

Laserfrog

I found my copy of Smackdown 2 and my old ps1 memory card and who do I find as one of my created wrestlers?

Ts5qo.png

THAT'S RIGHT BROTHER

and of course! Lonk the alien

IyvQv.png

What's the point of splitting the thread, though? Even if the offshoot thread didn't get shut down (and this is purely hypothetical, because there's no way that we'd be allowed to have 2 wrestling threads), the flack both threads would catch wouldn't be worth it. If we get two threads to talk about the same damn concept, all the other Community OTs will start crying about privilege.

Plus, at this point all wrestling is connected, even by the faintest of links. Indie and international wrestlers go to TNA and WWE, wrestlers who are FE go to international and indie promotions, and so on and so forth. It's perfectly reasonable to talk about all that stuff in one thread.

Besides, I don't see how 50+ posts about a iPPV ever other week is such a drastic shift from the 30+ posts or so that used to pop up that a second wrestling thread can suddenly become a viable option. It's a bad idea no matter how you cut it. It's conversational segregation, but without the planning or public policy.

It's simple really. One thread will be about 3 television programs: Raw, Smackdown, and Impact. As well as their corresponding monthly televised ppv's.

The other thread will be, well whatever it is that you people do exactly.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Team Puppet H 4-Life. Fuck Josh "I style my hair with garbage juice" Matthews!

It's simple really. One thread will be about 3 television programs: Raw, Smackdown, and Impact. As well as their corresponding monthly televised ppv's.

I really don't see why the current WrassleGAF, the other community threads, or GAF as a whole would have a problem with this completely serious idea. In fact, we'd probably spark a revolution seeing as the NBA thread would end splitting into a Lakers |OT| and a Rest Of NBA |OT|.

I'm totes 100% serious, as is beanPlaya.

what is X division?

A division for high intensity, high flying, and/or more athletic wrestlers in general. Like a Cruiserweight division but not weight related. Or something.

We do the same voodoo that you do so well. I don't think there's been a single poster in the past 4 monthly threads who posted exclusively about non-TV stuff. You need to loosen that mask, beanie baybeh, because it's clearly affecting the flow of oxygen to your hippocampus. Just sit back, relax, and get on the Poster Power bandwagon.

I really don't see why the current WrassleGAF, the other community threads, or GAF as a whole would have a problem with this completely serious idea. In fact, we'd probably spark a revolution seeing as the NBA thread would end splitting into a Lakers |OT| and a Rest Of NBA |OT|.

I'm totes 100% serious, as is beanPlaya.
I can't speak for everyone else, but that's not the kind of revolution I need. Partitioned off in a separate thread, with like-minded individuals who are generally on the same wavelength as myself? Being treated like a trespasser in one thread if I just so happen to favor another? Where's the tension? Where's the exchange of ideas from radically different viewpoints? What kind of forum life is that? Not one I want to live, that's for true.

I have no confidence in this brand split.

Enfinit

Four threads solely for wrestling? Honestly, how many GAFers do you think are interested in Lucha Libre, Puroresu Genki Desu Ka, ROH, etc.? It'd literally be the same four-five posters throughout each thread. The majority of us are here because we like/watch WWE more than any other wrestling program, so we talk about everything associated with that, shows, movies, characters, video games, and bootaaay. When it's not Monday or Friday, there's a lack of discussion points to be made, hence why the video game/gif shit comes in.

If you're upset with the way this thread is, either don't post in it or don't bitch about posting in it. You're complaining about the lack of serious wrestling discussion, yet you're not attempting to create any... Not trying to be a douche, but it's a thread on a goddamn Internet forum.

This thread is titled "August Wrasslin'". It's a wrestling thread. It's not "August TV Wrasslin'", or "August Indie Wrasslin'", it's August Wrasslin'. That means it's everything that encompasses wrestling during the month of August. Simple as that. Wrestling is a niche community, keeping it all centralized in on thread is just logical.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think we should have a separate thread just for the three Ds. Damien, Daniel, and Dean!

Yes

And don't worry guys, we'll continue to link great, well done matches, and the majority of this thread will continue to ignore it and wonder why they keep watching wrestling even though they only watch WWE.
20110618cmll52mx_matcsjs5h.gif

Here's a few facts about Yoshiaki Fujiwara;

. He invented the Fujiwara armbar - you know, that one of only a dozen moves Cole knows how to call.
. He was trained by the legendary Karl Gotch.
. He trained Minoru Suzuki, Daisuke Ikeda & Masakatsu Funaki, three of the toughest wrestlers of their generation.
. He also trained Shoichi Funaki (the one from WWE) & Minoru Tanaka.
. He is one of the greatest catch style wrestlers of all time, and a true submissions master.
. He once tried to wrestle a bear.
. Why? Fuck you. That's why.

I thought you were an enlightened 21st century man, bean, rather than some rank segregationist.

slightconfuse said:
So that Kevin Steven hitting fans thing looked like a work to me.

I haven't seen it myself yet, as I fell asleep and the replay still isn't up, but this is Cornette we're talking about here; it's probably a work, and reeks of Smoky Mountain booking.

Kaladin

Here's a few facts about Yoshiaki Fujiwara;

. He invented the Fujiwara armbar - you know, that one of only a dozen moves Cole knows how to call.
. He was trained by the legendary Karl Gotch.
. He trained Minoru Suzuki, Daisuke Ikeda & Masakatsu Funaki, three of the toughest wrestlers of their generation.
. He also trained Shoichi Funaki (the one from WWE) & Minoru Tanaka.
. He is one of the greatest catch style wrestlers of all time, and a true submissions master.
. He once tried to wrestle a bear.
. Why? Fuck you. That's why.

I heard that he is one of the few people that Chuck Norris fears.

Top Bottom