• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

ic5OvBV4r1YoI.jpg

I heard that he is one of the few people that Chuck Norris fears.

Even if Norris doesn't fear him, I'm sure he at least respects the hell out of him. And so he should!

Aiii

So not worth it

bangai-o

Banned
ive tried to watch RoH. the matches just last so long and they always kick out of everything. I primarily watch WWE because it brings the comedy along with some good wrestlers.

Sokantish

I don't have a problem with the length of matches as long as its good people wrestling. the ROH iPPV was pretty good last night. I think there was only one match I didn't like

bangai-o

Banned
also the wwe youtube channel is always up to date. I dnt know if any of the other federations officially upload content or they rely on dvd sales.

Enfinit

http://i.imgur.com/yGBqd.gif[IMG]

Nice.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why, but I just hate seeing Christian lose. He's such a good guy. Met him once at a pet store and was able to talk to him for a few minutes, unbelievably nice and a ridiculously good worker/wrestler.

Although the whole "clap to get the audience clapping" thing is really, really lame.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm not sure why, but I just hate seeing Christian lose. He's such a good guy. Met him once at a pet store and was able to talk to him for a few minutes, unbelievably nice and a ridiculously good worker/wrestler.

Although the whole "clap to get the audience clapping" thing is really, really lame.

But he won...

DMczaf

Also, you guys make hipsters go "You guys are a bunch of fucking hipsters."

3 weeks ago 90% of this thread loved AJ, now after 3 weeks of AJ getting more TV time she's the worst thing ever.

Fucking hipsters, all of you.

Kyoufu

3 weeks ago 90% of this thread loved AJ, now after 3 weeks of AJ getting more TV time she's the worst thing ever.

I always hated AJ.

Kaladin

I was getting tired of AJ before it was cool to get tired of AJ.

Aiii

So not worth it

Agreed, she's not doing anything offensive. Is the first GM in ages that announces matches she's made before the show starts instead of impromptu TAG TEAM MATCHES PLAYAS and even stopped the horrible one guy after the other interupts the others' promo opening segment bit. Also, she didn't let Big Show on the mic.

All good deeds. And thus making her the least offensive GM in years. Yay AJ.

That doesn't sound as bad if I said it that way though.

Stop trying to paint me as some Antonio Cesaro hater. I'm sure he's had some fine meaningless matches on a meaningless show with edited crowd noise.

And once again, I was never a part of the AJ love brigade. Too much of a good thing, etc. etc. Now she's GM for no reason and it's dumb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It wasn't 90%. It's just that Kane and AJ fans were 10x more vocal than everyone else.

I have ALWAYS been on team Kaitlyn

I like AJ but she needs to be a bit more crazy . Honestly I rather see her do more shining wizards than anything right now

Kaitlyn is better though

Four threads solely for wrestling? Honestly, how many GAFers do you think are interested in Lucha Libre, Puroresu Genki Desu Ka, ROH, etc.? It'd literally be the same four-five posters throughout each thread.
I didn't mean four different threads, I meant four different titles to choose from. the thread's content would be the same regardless.
The majority of us are here because we like/watch WWE more than any other wrestling program, so we talk about everything associated with that, shows, movies, characters, video games, and bootaaay. When it's not Monday or Friday, there's a lack of discussion points to be made, hence why the video game/gif shit comes in.
All of the stuff you've listed there, save for our mutual Limey friend, is stuff I enjoy.

If you're upset with the way this thread is, either don't post in it or don't bitch about posting in it. You're complaining about the lack of serious wrestling discussion, yet you're not attempting to create any... Not trying to be a douche, but it's a thread on a goddamn Internet forum.
LOL, you should thank your lucky stars you weren't here around this same time last year. I think your head would've exploded with all the B.S. that was going on. At any rate, I addressed this earlier:

bean breath said:
Remember when we used to have drive-by posters that would complain about the thread because they felt there were too many gifs, shops, and sexy pics? That it wasn't up to them to contribute content themselves but for us to conform to their ideal, simply to entertain them?

Well I've become just like them.

I'm too lazy to even make posts in this thread that aren't complaints. I feel like you guys need to entertain me and you're failing.
I'm too tired and lazy to contribute like I used to, so now I rely on posters like you to post stuff that I want to read about. Occasionally, I'll post the equivalent of nudging you with a stick to remind you to get back on track and entertain me. Basically, I'm like this guy:

rf2xK.png

I used to post (like him), now I just read (like him) and when I don't like what you're giving me to read, I bitch (like him). You might find yourself in the same boat in the near future, it happens.

This thread is titled "August Wrasslin'". It's a wrestling thread. It's not "August TV Wrasslin'", or "August Indie Wrasslin'", it's August Wrasslin'. That means it's everything that encompasses wrestling during the month of August. Simple as that. Wrestling is a niche community, keeping it all centralized in on thread is just logical.

WWE programing is currently in, what I would refer to as, a slight lull. This is nothing new and is part of the natural ebb and flow of WWE. However, certain prominent posters have begun switching from negative WWE posts (which are fine and healthy) to posts about esoteric content. These posters then continue posting at the same rate as they did when their topic was WWE (What the majority of the thread and lurkers want), only their content is now what only about 4-5 posters in this thread are interested in.

So if you have someone who posts enough to get into the top ten most posts list, posting about stuff only about 1-5% of the thread wants to read, that's a problem.

Aiii

So not worth it
The problem with WrassleGAF is even when WWE isn't terrible it has to be made into the worst thing ever. You guys are worse in spinning things then Linda McMahon's campaign team.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can name about 5 other community threads that have more GIFs than this community, so I 'll never get that complaint.

In fact,
gofujigojdub9.gif

I thought you were an enlightened 21st century man, bean, rather than some rank segregationist.

Oh, I'm sure you're loving this. Truth is, I didn't mind it when it was just you. I even synchtubed some of your uploads with others here, until I chickened out of Synchtubing because of rumors and hearsay.

Well, Bootaaay, soak it up. Take it all in now because I guaran-DAMN-tee, it won't last.

The problem with WrassleGAF is even when WWE isn't terrible it has to be made into the worst thing ever. You guys are worse in spinning things then Linda McMahon's campaign team.

If we were that bad, we'd be complementing the WWE at every turn.

I feel bad about G-Fex bailing the thread, though. I thought he was just venting. Maybe I shouldn't have poo-poo'ed Hogan Week.

As soon as AJ loses a wrestling match the thread can start to like her again.

What in the world is going on here? Don't feel bad about hating on Hogan week. He's worse than Cena.

It's alright

It's alright, it's alright, it's alright

Bright lights and the big city

It belongs to us tonight

Bright lights, bright lights, bight lights and the big citaaaayyyy

What in the world is going on here? Don't feel bad about hating on Hogan week. He's worse than Cena.

Well, yeah, but I could have just ignored it. Instead, I went the extra mile and took potshots at it. I stooped that low. And that may have contributed to someone ditching the thread for a bit. I mean, I'm sure I've said stuff that has done stuff like that before, but I don't like it all the same.

WWE programing is currently in, what I would refer to as, a slight lull. This is nothing new and is part of the natural ebb and flow of WWE. However, certain prominent posters have begun switching from negative WWE posts (which are fine and healthy) to posts about esoteric content. These posters then continue posting at the same rate as they did when their topic was WWE (What the majority of the thread and lurkers want), only their content is now what only about 4-5 posters in this thread are interested in.

So if you have someone who posts enough to get into the top ten most posts list, posting about stuff only about 1-5% of the thread wants to read, that's a problem.
I... can actually relate to this. I've done something like that on Gaming side before. So I take back my comments about your mask, and I respect your opinion, although I don't agree with it. That being said, if you take steps to make your idea a reality, I won't rush to oppose it like I did today; I've said my peace on the matter, and that's more or less all I can be bothered to do. You'll get no opposition from me.

Top Bottom