• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Striker

Only match I feel eager to see is Ziggler and Jericho. The rest has either had terrible build or I simply do not give a shit about the feud (Show-Cena-Punk). HHH can go the hell away and stop getting in angles. Go away.

Jamie OD

New Japan G1 Climax 22 Finals

1. G1 Climax - Block B:
MVP [8] beat Lance Archer [8] (10:50) with Irreversible Crisis.
2. G1 Climax - Block B:
Hiroyoshi Tenzan [8] beat Shinsuke Nakamura [8] (12:48) with a Moonsault Press.
3. G1 Climax - Block B:
Hirooki Goto [8] beat Tetsuya Naito [8] (11:05) with Shouten Kai.
4. G1 Climax - Block B:
Kazuchika Okada [10] beat Togi Makabe (9:33) with the Rainmaker.
5. G1 Climax - Block A:
Shelton Benjamin [8] beat Satoshi Kojima [8] (9:04) wih Paydirt.
6. G1 Climax - Block A:
Toru Yano [6] beat Naomichi Marufuji [8] (9:55) with the Urakasumi.
7. G1 Climax - Block A:
Yuji Nagata [8] beat Minoru Suzuki [8] (9:03) with a Backdrop Hold.
8. G1 Climax - Block A:
Karl Anderson [10] beat Hiroshi Tanahashi [10] (11:15) with the Gun Stun.
9. G1 Climax - Final:
Kazuchika Okada beat Karl Anderson (23:19) with the Rainmaker.

Wow, sounds like an AWESOME final - and congratulations to
Machine Gun Karl Anderson on becoming the first gaijin to reach the G1 final since Rick Rude in 1992
! Also, really glad, but also unsurprised, to see
The Rainmaker pick up the win
. Can't wait until these shows start appearing, sounds like it was a great tournament this year.

You left out the best part.
Kazushi Sakuraba and Katsuyori Shibata showed up and declared war on New Japan!

G-Fex

QuuHN.jpg

dsxcj.jpg

I AM DECLARING IT HULK HOGAN WEEK BROTHER

Not that silly Dean Ambrose who doesn't exist.

BUT THE HULKSTER WHO HAD HIS BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77aLI1FOdXw&t=19s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gdkg6A10Go

WHATCHA GONNA DO WRASSLEGAF?

Ithil

So Summerslam card so far is:

- Punk vs Cena vs Big Shoe, WWE title match

- Sheamus vs ??? (Del Rio?), WHC title match

- HHH vs Lesnar

- Bryan vs Kane

- Jericho vs Ziggler

Pretty damn weak so far.

Likely other matches are:

- Ryback vs Jinder Mahal

- Kofi & Truth vs PTP, Tag Title match

- Sandow vs Brodus Clay

- Antonio Cesaro vs Santino, US title match (total guess here though)

Entropia

No One Remembers
So Summerslam card so far is:

- Punk vs Cena vs Big Shoe, WWE title match

- Sheamus vs ??? (Del Rio?), WHC title match

- HHH vs Lesnar

- Bryan vs Kane

- Jericho vs Ziggler

Pretty damn weak so far.

Likely other matches are:

- Ryback vs Jinder Mahal

- Kofi & Truth vs PTP, Tag Title match

- Sandow vs Brodus Clay

- Antonio Cesaro vs Santino, US title match (total guess here though)

Oh yeah, Ziggles/Jericho??????????????????

strobogo

Banned
If HHH goes over Brock, there are some serious issues. For one, Brock really shouldn't be in a program with another part timer, but HHH has no reason or right to go over this time. Brock needs to fuck Hunter up. I thought he probably should have gone over Cena, but didn't have much of a problem with him losing that. But he should not under any circumstances lose to Hunter at this stage.

Seems like such a waste to have him in this with HHH instead of a younger guy that would get made even losing to Brock. EVERYONE will know it is purely an ego thing if Hunter goes over. Brock is the only guy over the past 10 years that HHH didn't get to dominate. HHH always talks about how he wants to do what's good for business, both on screen and off, and I can't see any way that him winning this match would be good for business.

I don't see how this match is going to be anywhere near as awesome as Brock vs Cena. Just no way. Unless HHH gets murdered. And I don't hate HHH by any means, I just think it'd be a really bad call for him to win this match.

G-Fex

We all know that HHH is going to go over Brock.

There's no tits and or butts about it.

HHH will win cause that's what he wants, that's the whole reason he threw himself into the thing, to get attention to be man of the year of having the greatest matches ever.

Except for mainstream relevance which he will never ever have.

Ever.

Brock is a jobber

Brinbe

Damn, what a weak SS card. Ziggler-Jericho is the only thing I'm interested in and even that isn't something we haven't already seen.

More hyped for Hardcore Justice tonight =\

strobogo

Banned
Man, if you could combine the work rate of 1990 Boss Man with the character of Attitude Era Boss Man, you'd have the greatest heel of all time.

With the deepest regrets and tears that are soaked
I'm sorry to hear your dad finally croaked
He lived a full life on his own terms
Soon he'll be buried and eaten by worms
But if I could have a son as stupid as you
I'd have wished for cancer so I would die too
So be brave, and be strong, get your life back on track
'Cause the old bastard's dead and he ain't never comin' back!

soul searching and hard hitting stuff from Bossman.

somedevil

Damn, what a weak SS card. Ziggler-Jericho is the only thing I'm interested in and even that isn't something we haven't already seen.

More hyped for Hardcore Justice tonight =\

I'm more interested in Summerslam than Hardcore Justice. Impact has been weak recently so hasn't been doing it for me recently.

edit: This actual wrestling discussion will now be buried by alot non discussion posts.

Hardcore Justice has the potential to be a better show in the ring, but the Impact Zone crowd will make sure to kill how that comes off.

Summerslam might zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'm more interested in Summerslam than Hardcore Justice. Impact has been weak recently so hasn't been doing it for me recently.

edit: This actual wrestling discussion will now be buried by alot non discussion posts.

image.php

No but really, we're just talking about the Summerslam lineup right?
Summerslam has been a pretty weak ppv for the last few years, looking at this years card seems to continue that tradition.
I personally like the look of Jericho/Ziggler and Kane/Bryan and not much else, both those matches should involve the veterans putting over the newer guys.
Brock/HHH I have no interest in unless HHH just gets completely destroyed, i've never liked Lesnar anyway but when he was obliterating Cena I was quite entertained, more of that but HHH taking the beating would hold my attention, HHH absolutely shouldn't win but it's HHH so who knows, after Cena pulled out the victory I don't have much faith in what WWE are using Lesnar for.
The main event scene is dry on both sides, at least Punk might actually get a main event spot now with Cena there but we just had a triple threat WWE title match on ppv 2 months ago with a better trio, kind of hard to be interested here. As of Smackdown the WHC is apparently changed but I doubt they'll stick to it, Del Rio will weasel his way back to a title match for the ppv, would be a waste of buildup if they just threw it out at this point.
I can hope for some kind of Barrett return but that aside Summerslam is looking as bland as ever, I long for a SS like the one in 2002 but oh well.

Sokantish

http://i.imgur.com/QuuHN.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dsxcj.jpg[IMG]

[B][U]I AM DECLARING IT HULK HOGAN WEEK BROTHER[/U][/B]

Not that silly Dean Ambrose who doesn't exist.

BUT THE HULKSTER WHO HAD HIS BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77aLI1FOdXw&t=19s[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gdkg6A10Go[/url]

WHATCHA GONNA DO WRASSLEGAF?[/QUOTE]

It's Sunday, you doofus. I can't wait until Hulk Hogan week is over TOMORROW.

And don't you try to use the religious views saying Sunday is the beginning of the week. We're all about business in here.

G-Fex

It's Sunday, you doofus. I can't wait until Hulk Hogan week is over TOMORROW.

And don't you try to use the religious views saying Sunday is the beginning of the week. We're all about business in here.

I SAY HULKAMANIA WEEK BEGINS TODAY DUDE.

YOU'RE NOT READY TO POST YET JACK, AND NEITHER ARE YOUR RAIDERS BROTHER.

G-Fex has the worst weeks and worst months and the worst years.

if it was up to you we'd be praising HHH.

If it was up to the late Plywood, we'd be praising some MMA doofus

That's the most fit Hogan has been in a while.

And he took a bump, maybe Hogan IS back

Nah, that can't be Hogan, he took that bump on his back. It's clearly an impostor, disguising himself with years of hard fat to steal Hogan's fanbase.

Okay, that was actually kinda cool. But wouldn't that hurt Randy more than Hogan? lol

It's an RKO variant; he takes the pain and sends it to the victim. Somehow.
He used the same variant against Sheamus on some steel steps in Hell in A Cell 2010. What a maneuver!

Top Bottom