• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Aiii

So not worth it
I blame AJ, THIS HAPPENED ON YOUR WATCH AJ!

HEY NOW!

Actually, Ryback hasn't been on Raw for ages, because the two times they tried they found out that when you can't edit out the Goldberg chants the crowd will only get louder doing them.

Smackdown
I really hope Santino drops the title to Cesaro

Funny you mention that, my friend noted that
Santino has lost twice in a row to Cesaro and lost to ADR Monday on Raw. They need to take the belt off him, or else why even have the US Belt? Just makes it look weak.

Lawler is like the best idiot at picking worst moments to say dumb shit, hassling Ziggler again saying "Vickie trying to lead the cheer for Ziggler, no one will cheer for that Vickie!!" during a "Lets go Ziggler chant" lol.

:|

Muffin

Neo Member
Lawler is like the best idiot at picking worst moments to say dumb shit, hassling Ziggler again saying "Vickie trying to lead the cheer for Ziggler, no one will cheer for that Vickie!!" during a "Lets go Ziggler chant" lol.

:|

I'm still sad that they won't give Ziggler more mic time. Vicki is great and they should use her for someone who can't use a mic!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good morning everyone!

fz2VJ.jpg

Batista-fest is 10.5 hours away, roughly!

Ithil

I guess this is Punk's WWE 13 model?

Continuing the trend of completely outdated entrance attire!

By contrast the title belt looks a lot better, like it's from this generation of games (if early in it), not the PS2. Shame it's still floating above his shoulder.

PC friends are stuck with micro-managing TEW feds. :(

It's one of the reasons I'm so looking forward to the next-gen consoles so i can play all these great multi-plat games that never get PC versions. WWE games, Mortal Kombat, Platinum games, Madden, so many more it's sickening. Too late to buy a current gen console now, waste of money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Observer below:

GAF has issued an apology for a video Entropia posted late Monday night on the video sharing network Tout that could be perceived as racially insensitive toward American people.

"While in character, Entropia clearly took his storyline too far and he will be reprimanded for his inappropriate comments," GAF's statement reads, which was issued to multiple wrestling news outlets.

The video, which has since been deleted, showed him traveling with his "personal chauffeur" DMczaf to Indianapolis—the site of last night's SmackDown taping—following RAW, and he remarked that it's "very, very dangerous" to drive with an American person. He then smacked DMczaf on the head as he drove and ordered him "finish his burger."

Khrno, who has sparingly appeared at GAF events in recent weeks, noted on Twitter that he will not be on hand for SmackDown in Indianapolis, Indiana.

As you know by now, during Monday's live GAF RAW thread, jmdjar made a crass joke referencing Chik-Fil-A. As client TOM F'N CRUISE tangled with Heavy in a singles match, jmdjar yelled from ringside, "TOM F'N CRUISE is like Chik-Fil-A for breakfast. He's unstoppable!!" The GAF personality issued an apology late Monday evening via Twitter and noted that "there was no malicious intent behind the joke."

Entropia

No One Remembers
wish there was a PC version of '13, I'd be all over it.

Agreed.

I'm not going to buy one of the current consoles right now, no point. THQ already puts games out on Steam, I don't see how hard it could be to port it over to PC and put it out on Steam. I guarantee they'd make enough change from it.

Also lol @ Sunflower.

Agreed.

I'm not going to buy one of the current consoles right now, no point. THQ already puts games out on Steam, I don't see how hard it could be to port it over to PC and put it out on Steam. I guarantee they'd make enough change from it.

Also lol @ Sunflower.

Honestly I doubt it would sell enough on PC to be worth it. I doubt the WWE audience, outside of us smarks, are really into PC gaming.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But TEW is awesome! Sonny Siaki is my current WWE Champ. It is too much fun lol.

I wish it had more automation for certain tasks. I get stuck so deep into it I can't get anything accomplished.

As I work on the upcoming new season of WRASSLEGAF I will be using TEW to shape storylines and more.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Vince & Linda's net worth has dropped from around $750 Million to $250 Million due to the freefall of the company's stock price over the past year or so.

rvy

Banned
I guess this is Punk's WWE 13 model?

Continuing the trend of completely outdated entrance attire!

lol, Yuke's must have taken some hits lately, because I remember their modeling being pretty ace a few years ago. And their UFC models aren't bad either.

Kaladin

Say it ain't so Jericho.....

Chris Jericho's final date with WWE will be Tuesday 8/14, which would be a Smackdown taping in Austin, Texas.

Jericho is not slated to return to the company in any capacity until he is done with all Fozzy promotional work and concert dates.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Say it ain't so Jericho.....

Let's be honest - his last action will be putting over Ziggler, but besides that, what else has Jericho done in the eight months he's been around? Kind of a tepid return.

Kaladin

Let's be honest - his last action will be putting over Ziggler, but besides that, what else has Jericho done in the eight months he's been around? Kind of a tepid return.

He also got to put over Punk in a great feud. I think that is really all he wants out of wrestling, to help put the next generation over. I hope he comes back when he is done with all of this and gives us a good run with Bryan.

Striker

He's back just to put some of the younger guy over. He was doing so in his previous return, see Bourne and Kofi getting wins over him.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Yeah, the Punk vs. Jericho feud turned sour with the whole alcoholism crap.

Him vs. Ziggler should be pretty damn good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's back just to put some of the younger guy over. He was doing so in his previous return, see Bourne and Kofi getting wins over him.

Ziggler is a much better choice for him to put over now. All the planets are aligning for ol' Ziggler here. Jericho gives him the rub, he's got his briefcase...he's there.

mooooose

WWE 12 was a really really good video game. They fixed a lot of animations, the pacing is really good, many of the wrestlers REALLY play like them (Cena, Orton, Bryan, Punk, Rey especially, basically everyone). It has a great sense of wrestler size and ability (Heavyweights feel like heavyweights, cruiserweights are a ton of fun). The games biggest problem is some choppy animations, mediocre graphics, and no selling... Actually controlling the game and playing it is pretty fun.

Also pressing Y/Triangle to do a finisher out of nowhere is amazing. I wish somehow it didn't tell you when you had the finisher, but instead was just momentum/weakness based like Fire Pro. Even as it is, it's great. It makes for amazing back and forth and comebacks and combos. It's insanely fun.

Honestly if I had to rank wrestling games I've played...

No Mercy > WWE 12 >= Fire Pro Returns (Really fun but it's not a situation game like 12 or even No Mercy... matches have a great flow but are often very similar)

Out of the recent great games IMO. After that most Smackdown games sucked besides 2006 and HCTP.

Kaladin

2012bestofchrisherode-500x500.png

Chris Hero DVD "Interviews With A Hero: The Chris Hero Story" Deluxe Edition

This 4 disc releases features both interviews SMV conducted with Chris Hero the first in 2003 and the latest in 2011. There is a combined 7.5 hours of in-depth discussion with Chris talking about all aspects of his career. The second interview was conducted by one of Chris' best Friends Rob Naylor. In addition with the deluxe edition there are 10+ matches featuring Chris in action with some of the best wrestlers in the world.

1. Interview
2. Chris Hero vs. CM Punk vs. Colt Cabana - IWA-MS 12/8/01
3. Chris Hero vs. Homicide - IWA-MS 8/1/03
4. Chris Hero vs. B-Boy - IWA-MS 11/20/03
5. Chris Hero vs. Samoa Joe - IWA-MS 5/29/04
6. Chris Hero vs. Alex Shelley - CZW 9/11/04
7. Chris Hero vs. Super Dragon - CZW 9/11/04
8. Chris Hero vs. Arik Cannon - IWA-MS 8/19/05
9. Chris Hero vs. Milano Collection AT - Chikara 10/21/05
10. Chris Hero vs. Dick Togo - IWA East Coast 4/5/06
11. Chris Hero vs. Claudio Castagnoli - wXw 5/4/07
12. Chris Hero vs. Equinox - Chikara 11/17/07

$30 at http://smartmarkvideo.com/chris-her...hero-the-chris-hero-story-deluxe-edition.html

The standard edition is $20 at http://smartmarkvideo.com/chris-hero-dvd-interviews-with-a-hero-the-chris-hero-story.html and only includes the interviews.

Striker

WWE 12 was a really really good video game. They fixed a lot of animations, the pacing is really good, many of the wrestlers REALLY play like them (Cena, Orton, Bryan, Punk, Rey especially, basically everyone). It has a great sense of wrestler size and ability (Heavyweights feel like heavyweights, cruiserweights are a ton of fun). The games biggest problem is some choppy animations, mediocre graphics, and no selling... Actually controlling the game and playing it is pretty fun.
See, to me, those parts of characters no selling, no real weight restriction, and lack of a true targeting system is why things like online is a shit-hole more often than now. Players just spam, or attempt to, the same select easy maneuvers over and over. For what is a supposedly sim wrestling game, it falls on its face. Granted, it's far better than SvR '11, but it's right there for SvR '10 for overall enjoyment in online and offline modes. It's an okay experience, just because there really isn't much else out there for variety among wrestling console games. Maybe the TNA game will be better this go-round.

Ziggler is a much better choice for him to put over now. All the planets are aligning for ol' Ziggler here. Jericho gives him the rub, he's got his briefcase...he's there.
It's up to Vince and how they this. I can see him getting that briefcase win but how will they handle his eventual reign. I see him getting Swagger'd. :|

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish we could get a better, more show-oriented game of wrasslin mechanics. Closest was the awesome Legends of Wrestlemania where you had to do particular spots in matches. I loved that kind of challenge.

McNei1y

I wish we could get a better, more show-oriented game of wrasslin mechanics. Closest was the awesome Legends of Wrestlemania where you had to do particular spots in matches. I loved that kind of challenge.

Yea. Regular can be kind of annoying. Whenever my roommate and I play SVR 11, we feel like Cena/Sheamus. Whenever we get our special, it's like an instant win. Matches last like 2 minutes.

Striker

Yea. Regular can be kind of annoying. Whenever my roommate and I play SVR 11, we feel like Cena/Sheamus. Whenever we get our special, it's like an instant win. Matches last like 2 minutes.
SvR '11 was among the worst in the series, right up with SvR '08.

Top Bottom