• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Edgeward

So will the ROH ippv be worth checking out? There is a sale today for it and am wondering. The card I saw didnt seem that appealing.

And there is the rep of having streaming issues that makes me wary.

Kaladin

So will the ROH ippv be worth checking out? There is a sale today for it and am wondering. The card I saw didnt seem that appealing.

And there is the rep of having streaming issues that makes me wary.

By all accounts they have fixed their streaming issues, and the card is ok. Steen vs Kingston should be good and Briscoes vs Jacobs/Corino should be good.

The roster is really depleted now though. They're loosing stars at a faster pace than they can make them. In the past twelve months or so they've lost Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Davey Richards and Kenny King. That doesn't even take into account the major recent losses like Tyler Black, Nigel McGuinness, Austin Aries and Bryan Danielson. They have new faces like Eddie Edwards, Michael Elgin, Tommaso Ciampa and Mike Bennett, but they haven't really made stars out of any of them with the exception of maybe Edwards.

By all accounts they have fixed their streaming issues, and the card is ok. Steen vs Kingston should be good and Briscoes vs Jacobs/Corino should be good.

The roster is really depleted now though. They're loosing stars at a faster pace than they can make them. In the past twelve months or so they've lost Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Davey Richards and Kenny King. That doesn't even take into account the major recent losses like Tyler Black, Nigel McGuinness, Austin Aries and Bryan Danielson. They have new faces like Eddie Edwards, Michael Elgin, Tommaso Ciampa and Mike Bennett, but they haven't really made stars out of any of them with the exception of maybe Edwards.

I think Elgin & Ciampa are both on the cusp of breaking out, I'm fully expecting Ciampa's 2/3 falls match with Lethal to be the surprise match of the card. The mixed tag match should be fun, while Strong vs Mondo could be good, but I'm not entirely sold on Mondo yet. We also should be getting a TV title match, and hopefully they find a good challenger for Cole.

But yeah, the roster is really very small right now. They need to find some new talent, and fast.

McNei1y

hfLb8.gif

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT BATMAN AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE. SEE, NORMALLY IF YOU GO ONE ON ONE WITH A SUPERHERO, YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I’M A GENETIC FREAK, AND I’M NOT NORMAL, SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEATIN ME!

(I'd have Steiner-ized a Bane quote but the statute of limitations on DKR spoilers is long from being lifted)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Was it that bad of a spoiler? I missed it and Beef is irate, he's going to be inducting fools into the hall of pain.
If you've seen the movie, then no, it wasn't that bad. Those who haven't will think it's some huge deal, but those who have will realize that it didn't mean much, really.

YOU DON'T KNOW BEEF AND YOU DON'T WHAT HE'S CAPELELL OF!
I hear he's capelell of wrestling entire countries, i'm afraid.

If you've seen the movie, then no, it wasn't that bad. Those who haven't will think it's some huge deal, but those who have will realize that it didn't mean much, really.

Oh so it's not like someone spoiled the twist where Bane turns out to Kane and it's revealed to be a WWE films production.....WHAT HAVE I DONE!

Top Bottom