• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D. Brine fans make me embarrassed for liking him.

Remember when A-Ry won a match on Raw last week? Good times.

Tyson Kidd winning matches on Raw was the best thing about Raw since the Punk/Bryan series leading into Mania. A-Ry is the worst person collecting a WWE paycheque not named Jerry Lawler.

G-Fex

Let the pigeons lose...

Every match they participate in.

WRASSLEGAF FAVE FIVE:

1. Laserfrog for his JR video
2. Bootaaay for his beefy puro post yesterday filled with joy
3. DM for his gif. the gif. THE GIF.
4. G-Fex for returning and reposting Layla's dance
5. Keyser for winning us a fortune.

You didn't like the other vid?

strobogo

Banned
I was thinking about how dumb I think it is for Brock to be put with another part timer that isn't Rock or Taker. But the more I think about it, there really isn't someone big enough to be believable as getting plugged into that huge of a spot. WWE has done such a terrible job of building up new stars that there is literally no one that would feel like he could actually be anywhere close to Brock's level.

Punk, maybe, but I'm not sure how much it would help him at this point. There are just no faces anywhere near that level. There is no one that the fans are just dying to see break through. No one on that cusp that would get a huge reaction for standing up to Brock. So you'd get Brock vs Orton, Sheamus, or Cena, basically. The only guy that I think would benefit from fighting Brock is Wade Barrett, except WWE doesn't do bad ass heels anymore. I think him beating Brock would completely solidify him and his bare knuckle bullshit he's going back to. He might be the only guy in the company that I think would actually benefit and be believable against Brock besides the main eventers and part timers. Which is terrible.

I'd much rather have Brock back as an actual "just another guy" who beats the fuck out of mid carders like it was 2002 than being portrayed by everyone as this mythological beast but being booked completely opposite who only shows up every few months.

Sokantish

D. Brine fans make me embarrassed for liking him.

Tyson Kidd winning matches on Raw was the best thing about Raw since the Punk/Bryan series leading into Mania. A-Ry is the worst person collecting a WWE paycheque not named Jerry Lawler.

Yeah Persp I really like Tyson Kidd. I wish he'd be on RAW more often, but I don't think they're gonna let that happen. I hated when he had that stupid hair though.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

p8WWs.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Raw General Manager AJ Lee appeared on The Soscia Network with Brian Soscia on 106.1 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to promote this Sunday’s SummerSlam pay-per-view event and discuss her ascension from teenage wrestling fan to presiding over WWE’s flagship program.

After revealing that she made the decision to become a professional wrestler when she was 12-years-old, Lee is asked about a YouTube video of herself as a teenager meeting Amy “Lita” Dumas at an autograph signing (from 2001). She divulges, “Maybe a year ago, at the Slammys, I actually showed Lita that video. And I was like, “Look at this!” It was very cool to have that moment.”

Providing background on the moment, she continues, “Growing up, I didn’t have a lot and we had a really rough childhood and my only escape from all that was wrestling and was having these women to look up to and just hoping one day that I could get out of it, maybe I could be like them and get myself out of the situation I was in. Meeting her, it was like, “Okay, this is my hero, the only person I have to make me feel better about life right now.” It was such a good moment for me. You can actually see my mom in the background, like, crying! It’s like, yes, I’m a huge fan and I loved her and I loved meeting her, but it represented … I was going through a lot. If I could talk to little AJ back then and tell her what would happen one day.”

In regards to feeling when she “made it” in the professional wrestling industry, she says, “I think just getting signed would have been enough for me. Just being a part of the company, just being anything. I still have the first envelope they sent me, the first mail, I keep everything. Just like seeing WWE, in my mailbox! I’m such a fan and I think just getting signed would have been the most amazing thing in the world to me. But everything we’ve done so far, just having a WrestleMania moment already is mind-boggling. I don’t even understand it. Hopefully one of these days I can sit-down and drink it all in, but it’s been go-go-go for the past year-and-a-half. It’s still very surreal and I kind of don’t believe it still. I’m waiting to wake up.”

Lee was also asked if there is any chance she would follow in the footsteps of past WWE Divas such as Sable and pose for Playboy. She responded, “Oh my God. Never, ever, ever! I can barely wear a low-cut shirt. I’m prude and I think that’s what works for me is kind of being very innocent and prudish. It’s gotten me pretty far and there are certain things that should be left to the imagination.” She adds, “Nothing wrong with it, but it’s not for me.”

G-Fex

I see G-Fex has adopted a new boob girl for an avatar. Who are these people. Does he feed them. We'll never know.

Your powers of deduction are overwhelming.

You must use them for good and go solve mysteries and crimes out in the city!

Go Chriswok, for the sake of the world

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I see G-Fex has adopted a new boob girl for an avatar. Who are these people. Does he feed them. We'll never know.

That girl has a ways to go if she wants to be referred to as a "boob girl" - anyhow.

Pretend you have no alternatives, but are presented with a choice.

Choice A: You must tongue-kiss Kamala while he is in his makeup (and with both feet)

Choice B: Lick one of Paul Bearer's nipples.

If you do not choose, a man will shoot you full of bullets. The clock is ticking. What will you do?!

Such an angry little man, for someone who has a horde of boob girl pictures to choose from. Cheer up, Grumpy-Fex.

That girl has a ways to go if she wants to be referred to as a "boob girl" - anyhow.

Pretend you have no alternatives, but are presented with a choice.

Choice A: You must tongue-kiss Kamala while he is in his makeup (and with both feet)

Choice B: Lick one of Paul Bearer's nipples.

If you do not choose, a man will shoot you full of bullets. The clock is ticking. What will you do?!

As you did not specify which kind of bullets, I choose that he shoots me full of yummy chocolate bullets, and I enjoy the tasty treat and live a prosperous life.

Yeah Persp I really like Tyson Kidd. I wish he'd be on RAW more often, but I don't think they're gonna let that happen. I hated when he had that stupid hair though.

I really liked that hair if he was going to be a villain singles wrestler.
It made him look like a cocky Puerto Rican prize fighter.

If they have no desire in pushing him on Raw then I wish he'd just go full-time on NXT, he's way too good to not be on television.

:lol You guys and your links.

Well, after just a little bit of searching, I found it. It's ... not so bad actually, and Ryback is hella over.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
:lol You guys and your links.

Well, after just a little bit of searching, I found it. It's ... not so bad actually, and Ryback is hella over.

I remember everyone scoffing at Ryback. "He'll never get over!" they said. "Vince's stupid theory is to keep pushing him until the general public and little jimmies choke him on down. Never works. They need to build him in a storyline."

Start chokin' folks.

The Ryback match was hilarious last night, because the crowd started in with that stupid Goldberg chant but then went full mark by the end of it. Really hope they're smart enough to finally legitimize Jinder using Rhyhorn's excess heat.

I supported ryback when is was killing jobbers. This kinder thing could work out for him.

Also sin cara is over because everyone wants to see him botch

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am still waiting for Ryback to unveil a revolutionary new way to sell beyond shaking his head and blinking confusedly like he just had water splashed on his face.

Aiii

So not worth it
I remember everyone scoffing at Ryback. "He'll never get over!" they said. "Vince's stupid theory is to keep pushing him until the general public and little jimmies choke him on down. Never works. They need to build him in a storyline."

Start chokin' folks.

Don't think anyone disliked Ryback. That doesn't change the fact he's got Goldbergs gimmick though. And just fighting jobbers will not help him evolve beyond this either, just look at how Brodus went from fun to shitty in less then two months after his debut. To the point where I hope he gets utterly destroyed by Sandow at SummerSlam.

G-Fex

Don't worry guys I'll make September's thread completely full of Ryback.

a Ryback OP!

Yeah...maybe I'll do it tomorrow..or tonight even!

August is practically over anyway

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think anyone disliked Ryback. That doesn't change the fact he's got Goldbergs gimmick though. And just fighting jobbers will not help him evolve beyond this either, just look at how Brodus went from fun to shitty in less then two months after his debut. To the point where I hope he gets utterly destroyed by Sandow at SummerSlam.

I think the problem is we see a definite end to Ryback at the hands of a major WWE player, like Big Show or Cena for instance - Goldberg wasn't like that. We had no frame of reference really - so the matchups like Goldberg vs Sting on Nitro were exciting as hell, wondering how far Goldberg was going to go, until he went all the way to the top.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Ryback isn't going to go to those heights. Or will he?

I think the problem is we see a definite end to Ryback at the hands of a major WWE player, like Big Show or Cena for instance - Goldberg wasn't like that. We had no frame of reference really - so the matchups like Goldberg vs Sting on Nitro were exciting as hell, wondering how far Goldberg was going to go, until he went all the way to the top.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Ryback isn't going to go to those heights. Or will he?

#IBELIEVEINRYBACK

XenoRaven

I was thinking about how dumb I think it is for Brock to be put with another part timer that isn't Rock or Taker. But the more I think about it, there really isn't someone big enough to be believable as getting plugged into that huge of a spot. WWE has done such a terrible job of building up new stars that there is literally no one that would feel like he could actually be anywhere close to Brock's level.

Punk, maybe, but I'm not sure how much it would help him at this point. There are just no faces anywhere near that level. There is no one that the fans are just dying to see break through. No one on that cusp that would get a huge reaction for standing up to Brock. So you'd get Brock vs Orton, Sheamus, or Cena, basically. The only guy that I think would benefit from fighting Brock is Wade Barrett, except WWE doesn't do bad ass heels anymore. I think him beating Brock would completely solidify him and his bare knuckle bullshit he's going back to. He might be the only guy in the company that I think would actually benefit and be believable against Brock besides the main eventers and part timers. Which is terrible.

I'd much rather have Brock back as an actual "just another guy" who beats the fuck out of mid carders like it was 2002 than being portrayed by everyone as this mythological beast but being booked completely opposite who only shows up every few months.
If the timing were better this would actually be a great thing for Ryback to do. It would be like revisiting Lesnar vs. Goldberg only this time both wrestlers would actually care about the match...hopefully. Unfortunately he hasn't squashed enough midcarders yet. Barrett's definitely a good choice. I wish I could say Bryan would be good, but he's kind of a main eventer punching bag right now.

Top Bottom