• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a Vita owner. Then again, I'm an everything owner. But still, I like my Vita. Sorry.

But you're so not-annoying! Someone here is lying and it isn't me!

I like you Aiii. :) Not like the rest of those povs.

So, lets stop being negative all the time... 5 things on WWE television that are good, Go!

I'll go first, of course:
1. The new NXT
2. Damien Sandow
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Paul Heyman as Brock's spokesperson saying MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR
5. More wrestling, no more Nickelback, the new set and the new graphics on Raw.

Oooh more lists

FIRST THING. Daniel Bryan
1 + 1. Paul Heyman
6/2. Logo at the end signifying that the show's finally over. Looks kewl.
Schick
Quattro. The pyro accident from a few weeks ago. Hope he gets another shot at the title.
5 (Time WCW Champion). The ring. It's always set up really well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Any system that gets a Persona game is A-OK in my book.

But yeah, the 3DS is still better. Esp. Now with the XL. At least that doesn't give me headaches like the small one.

XenoRaven

Fuck the Schick Quattro. Everyone in WrassleGAF needs one of these:
edwin-jagger-de89__13322_zoom.jpg

For a truly manly shave.

WWE Fave Five;

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Damien Sandow
4. Paul Heyman
5. Chris Jericho

Punk drops from my Fave Five in favour of Jericho. Everything about Punk seems so half-hearted recently, barring a few brief moments on the mic reminiscent of the old Punk. Heyman is just so good at what he does, even when the material he's given is garbage.

G-Fex

Yeah, in spite of his size he's one of the hardest working guys on the indies and has been putting on consistently great matches in ROH & PWG for a good 3 years now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTl46iDs0ug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3P96K3LzO8

It was from one of the BOLAs - 2009, I think.

Wow, that guy is awesome. Consider me a fan.

I'd love to get ROH guys and other indie guys and put them in WWE 12 and sim those matches with those guys.

That'd be awesome.

I'd totally buy Steen's DVDs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE Fave Five;

1. Daniel Bryan
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. Damien Sandow
4. Paul Heyman
5. Chris Jericho

Punk drops from my Fave Five in favour of Jericho. Everything about Punk seems so half-hearted recently, barring a few brief moments on the mic reminiscent of the old Punk. Heyman is just so good at what he does, even when the material he's given is garbage.

Jericho seems determined to put Ziggler over in the best way possible. Good on him - Ziggler needs a bump from someone like Jericho.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, buy me it. That way I can stream it live and you can have fun watching me play it.

You don't even stream in HD brah

I wish I could loan you my Hauppauge, but I might do the random Spelunky ragin' stream. I hate that fucking game (I love it.)

Also good luck having fun with Sleeping Dogs. I'm not falling for it - I know it's a shitty True Crime game!

XenoRaven

Don't worry G-Fex. I can stream AND I have Darksiders 2. So no one has to buy anyone anything! I just saved someone money!

Edit: I was legitimately afraid that Bryan was going to get his neck snapped there lol.

I wish I could loan you my Hauppauge, but I might do the random Spelunky ragin' stream. I hate that fucking game (I love it.)

Also good luck having fun with Sleeping Dogs. I'm not falling for it - I know it's a shitty True Crime game!

It started as a new IP named Black Lotus with a female main character. It wasn't until Activision took control that the "True Crime" brand was slapped on it, and the protagonist made a male undercover cop. After Activision dropped it, Squeenix picked it up and renamed it Sleeping Dogs.

The True Crime games really shouldn't impact whether you buy it or not.

G-Fex

Buy me a HD Capture device then genius

Don't worry G-Fex. I can stream AND I have Darksiders 2. So no one has to buy anyone anything! I just saved someone money!

that's not very funny xeno

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It started as a new IP named Black Lotus with a female main character. It wasn't until Activision took control that the "True Crime" brand was slapped on it, and the protagonist made a male undercover cop. After Activision dropped it, Squeenix picked it up and renamed it Sleeping Dogs.

The True Crime games really shouldn't impact whether you buy it or not.

I still don't trust it! But thanks for clearing that up for me. I still don't trust it!

No, buy me it. That way I can stream it live and you can have fun watching me play it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

I also need a Hauppage. But I have heard nothing but good things about Sleeping Dogs.

Well since I got Sleeping Dogs free on PC, get that.

Was it from the community manager stream of the game? Those codes were used so damn fast =(

Nelo Ice

Banned
I still don't trust it! But thanks for clearing that up for me. I still don't trust it!

It's really fun and the story is actually pretty interesting too.

Was it from the community manager stream of the game? Those codes were used so damn fast =(

Yes, yes it was :p. They're still giving out codes today too lol. I won from pure luck from a trivia question. It was what was the song in the sleeping dogs launch trailer. No one had a clue I googled that shit so fast and youtube had the song listed in the vid description and I was going to copy and paste but realized it would take too long so I typed it out as fast as I could and bam first one lol. Also best part was I also got the TF2 hats :D.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I also need a Hauppage. But I have heard nothing but good things about Sleeping Dogs.

Definitely don't buy one just yet - there's a lot of new shit about to hit the streets. Manufacturers discovered that capture devices are really appealing to a lot of people so there's some that do all sorts of cool things coming. After PAX I should have more info on some of them.

It's really fun and the story is actually pretty interesting too.

WHERTRGGGHHHHHHHH okay I'll put it in my Gamefly queue. I'll give it a Chauncey.

ICP and JCW have cut all ties with shitty deathmatch wrestler Corporal Robison, after Corp was allegedly caught stealing money from the promotion at the Gathering of the Juggalos this past weekend. Good job, moron. The only remotely well paying promotion still willing to book him, and he goes and steals from them. What an idiot.

Jericho seems determined to put Ziggler over in the best way possible. Good on him - Ziggler needs a bump from someone like Jericho.

Definitely, we need more guys like Jericho sticking around to put talent over - what other veterans are there who are willing to job? Christian, and that's it. Compare that to Japan - hell, just look at all the veteran talent New Japan have to potentially do a job for the young guys;

. Gedo
. Jado
. Satoshi Kojima
. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
. TAKA Michinoku
. Yuji Nagata
. Minoru Suzuki
. Yoshihiro Takayama
. Masato Tanaka
. Hiroyoshi Tenzan

Sokantish

Does Cena has the worst looking technique of any wrestler pushed as hard as he is in history? Everything he does is so ugly. He even did that terrible punchkick flurry against Show last night AGAIN.

Hogan seemed pretty bad, but maybe I just remember him when he was too old in the 90s

Kyoufu

Definitely don't buy one just yet - there's a lot of new shit about to hit the streets. Manufacturers discovered that capture devices are really appealing to a lot of people so there's some that do all sorts of cool things coming. After PAX I should have more info on some of them.

Keep me informed via Twitter/PM when you find out more. I've been waiting for the new stuff for a while now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ICP and JCW have cut all ties with shitty deathmatch wrestler Corporal Robison, after Corp was allegedly caught stealing money from the promotion at the Gathering of the Juggalos this past weekend. Good job, moron. The only remotely well paying promotion still willing to book him, and he goes and steals from them. What an idiot.

And he got out alive? Stealing from JCW at the Gathering would feel like a hostage rescue mission in Vietnam in the early 70s. Sure, you can get in...but you're not going to leave alive!

Definitely, we need more guys like Jericho sticking around to put talent over - what other veterans are there who are willing to job? Christian, and that's it. Compare that to Japan - hell, just look at all the veteran talent New Japan have to potentially do a job for the young guys;

. Gedo
. Jado
. Satoshi Kojima
. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
. TAKA Michinoku
. Yuji Nagata
. Minoru Suzuki
. Yoshihiro Takayama
. Masato Tanaka
. Hiroyoshi Tenzan

Since Punk mentioned he doesn't want to be wrestling in a few years, and stay healthy, I'd expect him to start jobbin' soon.

I'd like to see I guess Rey do some more jobs in a big program with someone. I'm trying to think of veteran status folks who AREN'T Cena. I would say Big Show and Kane but they wildly swing on the pendulum between "bullshit feud" and "important world title feud" it's tough to say.

Kane's a good guy.

Kyoufu

Punk won't job his way out.

Austin and Rock barely jobbed to anyone before they left. Rock put over... uh, Goldberg? But that's really it.

They'll want Punk to go out strong so that when he returns for those one time matches the WWE Universe will be excited for it.

Hogan seemed pretty bad, but maybe I just remember him when he was too old in the 90s

I really don't like Hogan, but watch his Japanese stuff and you can see he was clearly better than his WWF work would have you believe. Cena on the other hand makes everything look Godawful.

And it's not the jumping knee I have an issue with, I actually really like that move, but jeeez, that's nothing like what Punk does :lol. And his bulldog is damn near Kelly Kelly status.

Austin and Rock barely jobbed to anyone before they left. Rock put over... uh, Goldberg? But that's really it.

Brock Lesnar? The Hurricane? Orton + Batista at WM20?

Punk won't job his way out.

HURRICANE!

Cool! Keep me updated!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There is a streaming device coming that doesn't even let you record on your PC - just made to stream. Embedded with twitch.tv. I'll let you guys know what looks good and affordable cause let's face it - $200 for a hauppauge hd pvr isn't necessarily the best option.

Ithil

Don't think anyone disliked Ryback. That doesn't change the fact he's got Goldbergs gimmick though. And just fighting jobbers will not help him evolve beyond this either, just look at how Brodus went from fun to shitty in less then two months after his debut. To the point where I hope he gets utterly destroyed by Sandow at SummerSlam.

Brodus is downright terrible in the ring though, and literally had the exact same 1 minute match for three months. While Ryback's two on one squashes went on too long, he at least had some variety in how he crushed them. He SEEMS like a guy who would squash his opponents, whereas Brodus seems like he squashes because they don't know what else to do with him.

Both of them are only getting their first actual feuds for Summerslam, and Brodus has been around since bloody January. That's terrible booking. Basically, Ryback's Goldberg push makes sense, Brodus' did not, especially when his undefeated streak just ended randomly on RAW against Big Show. It made you wonder what the point of the months of jobber squashes was.

Sokantish

You know what's silly? Raiders offense last night.

I agree, but it's not really a shock. It will hurt me worse when it's the actual season. The reason the offense stunk it up is because McFadden was only in for one drive. He's basically the whole offense. Especially since the best WR wasn't didn't play at all. With that said, you should probably discuss football in the NFL thread!

Don't be afraid to post in there because they called you a troll. They're just giving you a hard time.

DEAN AMBROSE WEEK, WOO

XenoRaven

I hate to say this guys, but I don't want Jericho to lose at Summerslam. He's my favorite wrestler of all time and I don't want to his return to just be him losing every important match he gets put into.

G-Fex

I agree, but it's not really a shock. It will hurt me worse when it's the actual season. The reason the offense stunk it up is because McFadden was only in for one drive. He's basically the whole offense. Especially since the best WR wasn't didn't play at all. With that said, you should probably discuss football in the NFL thread!

Don't be afraid to post in there because they called you a troll. They're just giving you a hard time.

DEAN AMBROSE WEEK, WOO

It's not Dean Ambrose week.

and you have nobody to blame but your QB

Top Bottom