• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ensuring this appears on the new page:

CZKAA.gif

Cagey

Banned
It's funny that themes and Kevin Steen are on this page, because I think the instrumental from Steen's theme is the best thing going right now. The guitar riff has this oddly melodic quality, which fits the character and his usual entrance perfectly: a large fat violent psychopath (and his Mr. Slave sidekick) looking to destroy a company, walking to the ring slowly, and doing it with a big beaming unsettling grin on his face.

I just wish the vocal didn't have the distortion screaming, because keeping the singing melodic and disarming fits better.

Similar reasons as to why This Fire Burns is so good.

Agreed Cagey, love the Kevin Steen theme. It's so simple that it's dangerously close to being generic, but it's dark enough to add the exact right atmosphere. Have you heard the rap remix some fan made? I like it, but it's too specific to ROH/Steen.

Steen/ el generico had a great year long feud in 2010 Lots of good matches

I'm fairly certain this feud is still ongoing, because it's too awesome to ever die. Steen + Generico are probably the hardest working/most charismatic guys on the indys who will never make it big because of their looks.

It was from one of the BOLAs - 2009, I think.

I really need to go back and get some older PWG, just started to get into them last year and they are right on par with Chikara as my favourite promotions right now.

El generico could make it in then X devision. Jigsaw from chikara is competing there now. Both steen Kingston matches were great. And el generico vs Sara del Rey is my top match of the year so far .

Jigsaw Rubix hasn't been back since Destination X has he? But yeah, realistically there was no reason why Generico shouldn't have been in that tournament. Kind of baffling really.

Notes from the August 14th ROH Newswire;

• After a gruelling world championship match against ROH Champion Kevin Steen, Eddie Kingston has been invited back for future ROH events in 2012.
  • At the Death Before Dishonor X iPPV live from Chicago, IL, on September 15th, rising indy star and one of the most athletic young wrestlers today, A.C.H., will make his ROH debut.
  • On the 22nd of September Baltimore will host the 2012 Survival of the Fittest tournament.

For those unfamiliar with A.C.H. check out this MV;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ1mQruefdc

tm24 said:
Also, Kevin Steen is the best color man in the commentary booth. The man can do it all

Steen calling any match is gold, but even more-so with the recent SSB matches in PWG. Steen marking out as much, if not more so than the fans was awesome to see/hear.

Kaladin

Steen/ el generico had a great year long feud in 2010 Lots of good matches

Funny you should mention that.....

ROH just released this.

At some point in their lives every man reaches a breaking point, a moment where he chooses to either persevere through his difficulties or give in and let his problems consume him. On December 19, 2009 at "Final Battle 2009" Kevin Steen faced that moment. With several choice words and the brutal crack of a steel chair, Kevin made his decision and a slow descent into madness that would grow to effect all of Ring of Honor began...

From the closing night of Steen & Generico's ROH World Tag Title reign through the war at "Final Battle 2010" that brought this madman's time in ROH to a temporary end, this 2-DVD set is a chronicle of the matches & the moments that saw Steen spiral out of control. From his tag team battles against The American Wolves & The Young Bucks with El Generico to his Steve Corino-influenced violent turn, this compilation includes Steen's bouts against his former partner, bloody battles against Colt Cabana, his ROH World Championship battle against Tyler Black, and more! From the violence of his matches to the often psychotic words spewing from his mouth, this is Kevin Steen's descent into madness...

Disc 1
1. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The American Wolves (Tables Match)…ROH on HDNet #11
2. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks…Contention 6/12/09
3. Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. The Young Bucks…Final Battle 2009 12/19/09
4. Steen/Cabana face to face after Final Battle– Video Wire 12/23/09
5. Steen/Cabana Promos – Video Wire 2/9/10
6. Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana… 8th Anniversary Show 2/13/10
7. Kevin Steen vs. Kenny Omega…From The Ashes 3/26/10
8. Post match of Cabana/Generico vs. American Wolves...Phoenix Rising 3/27/10
9. Steen/Corino and Cabana/Generico Promos – Video Wire 3/30/10
10. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico…The Big Bang 4/3/10
11. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico (COME-AS-YOU-ARE STREET FIGHT)… Bitter Friends, Stiffer Enemies 2 4/24/10
12. Steen’s Bloody Challenge Video – 4/26/10
13. Cabana answers the challenge- ROH Video Wire 4/28/10
14. Kevin Steen vs. Colt Cabana (34th Street Last Man Standing Deathmatch)… Supercard of Honor V 5/8/10

Disc 2
15. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico… Death Before Dishonor VIII 6/19/10
16. Steen-Generico altercation at intermission at Death Before Dishonor
17. Steen jumps Tyler Black…ROH on HDNet #65 7/12/10
18. Steen & Tyler promos- ROH Video Wire 7/20/10
19. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico… Hate: Chapter II 7/23/10
20. Kevin Steen vs. Tyler Black (ROH World Title Match)…Salvation 7/24/10
21. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. El Generico & Colt Cabana (Street Fight)…ROH on HDNet #67
22. Steen/Corino Promo setting up GBH IX & Generico/Stevens post-match…ROH on HDNet #70
23. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. Colt Cabana & El Generico (Tag Team Chain Match)… Glory By Honor IX 9/11/10
24. Clips of Steen’s involvement in Colt Cabana & El Generico vs. Kenny King & Rhett Titus … Fate Of An Angel II 11/13/10
25. Kevin Steen & Steve Corino vs. The Kings of Wrestling (World Tag Team Title Match)…Fate of an Angel II
26. Kevin Steen vs. Grizzly Redwood…ROH on HDNet #82
27. In ring promo with Kevin Steen…ROH on HDNet #85
28. Final Battle 2010 hype video
29. Kevin Steen vs. El Generico (Unsanctioned Fight Without Honor/ROH Career vs. Mask Match)…Final Battle 2010 12/18/10

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/rohtuesdayrollout081412-SteenDescent

tm24

Oh man, A.C.H is hopefully gonna have an amazing 2012. Have heard great things about him in his matches in the YLC tourney

tm24

Wait Kevin Steen is good? The last time I remember people talking about Kevin Steen he sucked and was super lame.
When was this? Steen has been amazing for like 5 years now. Hell, the Super Dragon/Steen feud catapulted Steen to greatness The only people who hated him were back in the ROh days when they couldn't appreciate the greatness of Generico and Steen

XenoRaven

When was this? Steen has been amazing for like 5 years now. Hell, the Super Dragon/Steen feud catapulted Steen to greatness The only people who hated him were back in the ROh days when they couldn't appreciate the greatness of Generico and Steen
I don't remember. Maybe I got him confused with someone else.

Wait Kevin Steen is good? The last time I remember people talking about Kevin Steen he sucked and was super lame.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've been singing the dude's praises since 2009, and he's remained one of my favourite indy wrestlers ever since.

tm24 said:
Oh man, A.C.H is hopefully gonna have an amazing 2012. Have heard great things about him in his matches in the YLC tourney

Yeah, really hope it won't be too long before SmartMark releases the next couple of CHIKARA shows. I haven't seen much of A.C.H, but what I have seen has been pretty impressive. Here's a full match of his from Beyond Wrestling;

A.C.H. vs AR Fox - (Beyond 11/19/11)

Kaladin

Take this with the usual dirt sheet grain of salt.....

pwinsider said:
In what I was told was a direct response to JTG ranting on Twitter about how he and other WWE talents are disrespected, WWE had a talent meeting last night offering the chance for anyone who was unhappy and had an issue to speak up and air their grievances.
I was told that no one spoke up, although as one wrestler joked today, "They just fired Abraham Washington and then ask us to speak up in front of the locker room. We may as well ask to be released!"

During the meeting, WWE officials reminded talents that they needed to handle themselves professionally via social media and to remember that what they say will be monitored by the media as well as the public.

More than a few wrestlers privately noted that just a week after he ranted, JTG was used on Raw for the first time in quite awhile.

One of the reasons some of the mid-card wrestlers were upset were recent payouts for international tours and Wrestlemania. In the case of Wrestlemania, a number of mid-card talents were upset that the payouts were only a few thousand. However, these were talents who weren't performing on the show. One wrestler pointed out that they were still utilized over the course of Mania week, but at the same time, WWE covered all the hotel and travel costs that week. So, it has to be put in perspective.

There were also some upset about international tour pay-offs, but at least one wrestler was told a clerical error was made due to the international exchange used and that situation was going to be cleared up in the next few weeks.

Doesn't sound too good to be in the WWE mid card right now.

The Ryback match was hilarious last night, because the crowd started in with that stupid Goldberg chant but then went full mark by the end of it. Really hope they're smart enough to finally legitimize Jinder using Rhyhorn's excess heat.

I just finished watching last night's RAW on DVR, and this is one of the things that stood out to me about that match. It's nuts, it really is. I think it's the new theme they game him; it has a chant, and people love to chant stuff. It numbs the mind, and makes you hyped for pretty much anything.

The other thing was that JTG took a moment to freak out about Ryback's pink eye...and then went for a bunch of punches to his face.

I thought that this week's episode was OK, but I imagine that it would have felt like one long drag if I had watched it live. I liked the Jericho/Ziggler/Miz three-way match, at least, and nothing else really bored me.

So...this is an actual thing which is happening;

i25tuEKAYQnOq.jpg

November 16th in Watertown, NY - http://www.2cwwrestling.com

£10 says Nash tears a quad trying to lift Steen.

Why is this happening again?

Bowser

Posted?

According to The Wrestling Observer, Vince McMahon was reportedly upset with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's performance during the Piper's Pit segment on Raw last night.

Piper's rambling during the segment was said to be noticeable, and as a result, Vince instructed Michael Cole via his headset to bury the segment on the live broadcast.

lol

Aiii

So not worth it
So, lets stop being negative all the time... 5 things on WWE television that are good, Go!

I'll go first, of course:
1. The new NXT
2. Damien Sandow
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Paul Heyman as Brock's spokesperson saying MY CLIENT BROCK LESNAR
5. More wrestling, no more Nickelback, the new set and the new graphics on Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hold me WrassleGAF.

Gaming side is intolerable today moreso than usual. Sony. It's all Sony's fault.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Video games suck.

I haven't even bought any this year!

It's been a depressing year for some of my picks. SFxT is $12 at Gamefly right now, and I bought that for full price + limited edition for the documentary about it my buddy and I produced. Bums me out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's happening? All I know is people thought Half Life 3 was going to be shown off and then it wasn't.

It's just the same 30 Vita owners (who make up most of the contingent of all Vita owners) crowing like they deciphered that their system isn't going to suck in a few months. Which is weird to me.

Bah. I'll shut up. There's no place for that crap here.

Half Life 3 is Gaming Side's Dean Ambrose.

Nah, because someday Ambrose will be released.

Top Bottom