• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Enfinit

Bowser

My concern with Bryan is that he is always losing. It's nice to be seen as credible, but to me it doesn't mean anything if you can't ever win a match. Bryan's won, literally, one match since his 18-second WrestleMania loss (and even that was a triple threat where he pinned Punk only after he was distracted/hurt by Kane). Seriously - one match in more than 4 months.

I feel the same with Jericho too, although to a lesser extent because he's more established. He hasn't won any big match since he came back in January (lost at every PPV, IIRC). So while he'll give Ziggler a good rub at SummerSlam, it's just going to validate everything Ziggler said and won't be as compelling as if he had been on somewhat of a hot streak (really, even just 1 PPV win).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wins and losses don't matter. The fact that it bugs you guys proves that it doesn't matter - you still view them on a very credible level.

My concern with Bryan is that he is always losing. It's nice to be seen as credible, but it to me it doesn't mean anything if you can't ever win a match. Bryan's won, literally, one match since his 18-second WrestleMania loss (and even that was a triple threat where he pinned Punk only after he was distracted/hurt by Kane). Seriously - one match in more than 4 months.

I feel the same with Jericho too, although to a lesser extent because he's more established. He hasn't won any big match since he came back in January (lost at every PPV, IIRC). So while he'll give Ziggler a good rub at SummerSlam, it's just going to validate everything Ziggler said and won't be as compelling as if he had been on somewhat of a hot streak (really, even just 1 PPV win).

Airtime, bro. Airtime.

somedevil

My concern with Bryan is that he is always losing. It's nice to be seen as credible, but to me it doesn't mean anything if you can't ever win a match. Bryan's won, literally, one match since his 18-second WrestleMania loss (and even that was a triple threat where he pinned Punk only after he was distracted/hurt by Kane). Seriously - one match in more than 4 months.

Daniel Bryan won the 3-way match on smackdown 2 weeks ago. He also beat Punk in singles match as well. Jericho is different people view him as established and won major titles so he lets him beat him its still seen as credible.

WWE is really bad about just making a dude lose constantly, but Bryan's not as bad as you paint it since he's always fighting top-tier talent. It's like how you can't just judge a veteran UFC fighter by his win-loss record because he's probably been fighting the best exclusively for the last few years. Randy Couture has a terrible record, but no one held it against him because he didn't fight losers anymore.

Bowser

Wins and losses don't matter. The fact that it bugs you guys proves that it doesn't matter - you still view them on a very credible level.

If this is the case, then why does WWE feel the need to "protect" Cena/Punk etc. by never having them lose? Why did they need to add Bryan to the main event last night, other than to take the pin fall so that no one else involved in the triple threat match had to look bad heading into the PPV? Everyone likes to say wins and losses don't matter, but I think that's a crock of shit. Maybe it doesn't matter a whole lot, but it still matters some.

Daniel Bryan won the 3-way match on smackdown 2 weeks ago. He also beat Punk in singles match as well. Jericho is different people view him as established and won major titles so he lets him beat him its still seen as credible.

I forgot about the 3-way (then again, it was on SmackDown, so can you blame me? :p), but I don't remember the one-on-one with Punk...when was that?

And like I said, Jericho is to a lesser extent, and I know it's because that's his doing, not because the company wants him to lose all his matches.

Omega

Banned

i really hope they don't screw up Sandow. he's really the only reason I watch WWE anymore.

and this Lesnar angle is beyond stupid, not to mention insulting. Brock never even used a fucking kimura in UFC and now he just goes around doing it at free will. Brock was more believable as a monster heel when he was fucking up one legged people. Now that they're trying to make him look like some MMA guru I just can't take him serious..

somedevil

I forgot about the 3-way (then again, it was on SmackDown, so can you blame me? :p), but I don't remember the one-on-one with Punk...when was that?

And like I said, Jericho is to a lesser extent, and I know it's because that's his doing, not because the company wants him to lose all his matches.

Sorry I meant the 6-man tag match he won two weeks ago. Also, he won that match against Punk after the 3 way pay per view match.

Aiii

So not worth it
I believe Bryan also won the mixed tag with AJ against Eve and Miz.

He pretty much only loses to top guys and alot of the time after longer matches where he got to show good offense. Tis all good!

You mark for Ryback like I mark for Kane and Barrett, maybe you should be concerned about this turn of events.

The thread doesn't have to worry about me posting creepy fanart and pics of Ryback's family like He Who Must Not Be Named did. I'm a Ryback mark. I'll say it loud and I'll say it proud.
"Mega" over? so what "over" stat is the WcW era over? Super Saiyan level 3 over?

WCW is Yamcha-tier.

Bowser

Sorry I meant the 6-man tag match he won two weeks ago. Also, he won that match against Punk after the 3 way pay per view match.

BTW, that was a quick roll-up pin of Jericho after he was distracted, and the pin on Punk was the one I was referencing in my original post. So he's won two matches in more than 4 months and both we quick/distracted pins (although that's how WWE books all their heels now, so I guess it's to be expected).

edit: fine, 3 if you count the mixed tag match, where he barely did anything and AJ got the pin. Look, I'm happy he's a prominent part of the show, but I just fear they've got him in this upper card limbo where he's always fighting the main talent but never actually getting his own shine. I suppose that's better than what the rest of the card not named Cena, Punk, Sheamus and Triple H get.

jmdajr

Ryback (Ryan Reeves) can't stop eating.

Ryan Reeves Appetite AKA Ryback

Interview from WWE Tough Enough Season 4, Al snow talks about how Ryan Reeves eats everything in sight

Wow I wasn't even aware of this. Gives FEED ME MORE a lot more meaning than I thought. LOL.
People need to start feeding him in matches. Literally. Heck they hand out all sorts of shit in hardcore bouts, how about giving him a bucket of Chicken wings. Yeah too silly, but it would be awesome.

I think he'll be a big hit during the Royal Rumble.

Daniel Bryan has been in a WHC or WWE Champion match in every single pay-per-view this year. With the exception of the Rumble and Wrestlemania he was booked to look very strong in each one. In every single one of these losses (and sometimes after wins) people here have predicted that his career would be doomed after the loss.

By contrast Punk didn't get a string of more than two WHC matches at a pay-per-view in his first title run, he was even storyline injured before his would be third pay-per-view defence. In his second run he got more pay-per-view matches but was made to look like a weak coward in all but one of them. In the stretch between this run and MITB 2011 he did not receive another one on one title match and every other month we were told he was "in the doghouse".

Bryan is getting more than anyone could have dreamed of hoping for in his sophomore WWE year, yet you nerds can't get over him being off of one title match.

Kaladin

Ryback (Ryan Reeves) can't stop eating.

Ryan Reeves Appetite AKA Ryback

Wow I wasn't even aware of this. Gives FEED ME MORE a lot more meaning than I thought. LOL.
People need to start feeding him in matches. Literally. Heck they hand out all sorts of shit in hardcore bouts, how about giving him a bucket of Chicken wings. Yeah too silly, but it would be awesome.

I think he'll be a big hit during the Royal Rumble.

So FEED ME MORE is another one of WWE's inside jokes?

why cant his gimmick be a lovable giant that just wants to eat?? hes always in the back trying to eat when a heel takes his lunch money only to get destroyed by him

XenoRaven

Daniel Bryan has been in a WHC or WWE Champion match in every single pay-per-view this year. With the exception of the Rumble and Wrestlemania he was booked to look very strong in each one. In every single one of these losses (and sometimes after wins) people here have predicted that his career would be doomed after the loss.

By contrast Punk didn't get a string of more than two WHC matches at a pay-per-view in his first title run, he was even storyline injured before his would be third pay-per-view defence. In his second run he got more pay-per-view matches but was made to look like a weak coward in all but one of them. In the stretch between this run and MITB 2011 he did not receive another one on one title match and every other month we were told he was "in the doghouse".

Bryan is getting more than anyone could have dreamed of hoping for in his sophomore WWE year, yet you nerds can't get over him being off of one title match.
I don't know if you can blame anyone for doubting Daniel Bryan's long-term direction as an employee of the WWE.

Raw rating is in.

LINK_STOP_LAUGHING_MAH_BOI_by_Aethios.png

Bowser

Raw rating is in.

LINK_STOP_LAUGHING_MAH_BOI_by_Aethios.png

Seriously? Holy fuck, they are going to get crushed come regular season Monday Night Football if they suffered that much for a shitty Cowboys/Raiders Week 1 preseason game that ended 3-0. When the real games start, they could end up drawing in the 2.4-2.5 range...

G-Fex

Here's hoping the ratings keep dropping then

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN DUE TO THE MASSIVE DEMAND RAW IS GOING BACK TO THE TWO HOUR PRESENTATION.

Kaladin

Here's hoping the ratings keep dropping then

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN DUE TO THE MASSIVE DEMAND RAW IS GOING BACK TO THE TWO HOUR PRESENTATION.

If the ratings keep dropping, Vince will fire AJ and hire Drew Carey as the Monday Night Raw GM. Every episode will be Vegas style Raw Roulette.

So what you're saying is, instead of eating, Big Show sleeps all the time and stands in the way of things so people can't get through and if you want to get through you have to fight him.

I'd tune in for that.

Yeah but snorlax totally chows down when it does wake up so the gimmick covers both bases.
Just imagine the hilarity of Big Show blocking off the Gorilla position, it's gold I tell you! You need Edge and Christian's old Kazoos to awaken him.

Top Bottom