• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm watching the WWE 13 youtube. I'm saving my anger. I know that once Daniel Bryan's entrance pops up on there, and they don't put in the audible yes's, I will unleash an apocalypse of internet rage.

edit: Big Show's 'Shhh' slap actually has him 'Shhhing'. MAYBE THERES HOPE

2.8?

Punk is dropping the belt this time.

Also watched RAW. Triple H is winning this sunday I just know it.

I'm still sticking with my original prediction that Brock wont win any PPV matches during his current run.

GhaleonQ

So, just before Summer Of Punk 2, I started getting back into professional wrestling. I'm naturally predisposed to all of its component parts and the thing itself, but I fell away after cruiserweight WCW and AKI wrestling games. I've done more than enough homework on WWE, the smaller/older American promotions, indie, and international stuff since. Lurking on this part of NeoGAF's been a huge part of that. Thanks, all. Most of you are hilarious and have really good taste.

This week, I'm going to my 1st live event, http://www.chikarapro.com/aug-17-2012.php Chikara in Milwaukee! What should I expect? Is watching wrestling without the benefit of camera closeups pointless? Do Wisconsinites make for good indie crowds? Are chants more or less annoying than the usual cheers and jeers? Does Chikara live hold up?

So, just before Summer Of Punk 2, I started getting back into professional wrestling. I'm naturally predisposed to all of its component parts and the thing itself, but I fell away after cruiserweight WCW and AKI wrestling games. I've done more than enough homework on WWE, the smaller/older American promotions, indie, and international stuff since. Lurking on this part of NeoGAF's been a huge part of that. Thanks, all. Most of you are hilarious and have really good taste.

This week, I'm going to my 1st live event, http://www.chikarapro.com/aug-17-2012.php Chikara in Milwaukee! What should I expect? Is watching wrestling without the benefit of camera closeups pointless? Do Wisconsinites make for good indie crowds? Are chants more or less annoying than the usual cheers and jeers? Does Chikara live hold up?

Chikara is amazing live saw them in new York a while back. Its a fun show Yku are going to I'm jealous you get to see the MHS live. Expect a fun show

Enjoy! You've picked an awesome show to dip into indy wrestling, the card looks really fun. I'm really looking forward to seeing Colt vs Quackenbush once the show is released. As for the crowds, living in the UK I can't really comment, but on DVD CHIKARA crowds come across as a lot less annoying than others. It's a family friendly product, so no swearing, and generally less irritating fans trying to get themselves over. In general, the fans really get into the heel and face dynamics, so you'll be sure to know who to boo and who to cheer regardless. Also, I wouldn't worry about the view, CHIKARA shows aren't generally more than a half dozen or so rows deep, so you should have a good view no matter your seats.

Anth0ny

Raw rating is in.

ibuukpeukuth7nrms1z.gif

Low 2s in September. Guaranteed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, who would watch a show where the most over guy on the roster isn't even allowed to compete for the title and has to wrestle some flabby old fart who's NEVER had a classic match throughout his entire career for the hundreth time

I'm not sure what low Raw ratings will do exactly. With Impact continuing to pull shitty ratings (never escaping 0.9 land), they still don't have legitimate competition. I'm hoping the end of Linda's silly political future will cause Vince to wake up.

somedevil

So you don't think with fall tv and NFL season (plus other factors), we can't see them hit low 2s?

The first hour will drag them down but if you compared the the previous two shows not counting the first hour its been the same as last year. Also, for this week it did a 2.93 compared to a 3.08 last year both shows before summerslam.

Razorskin

----- ------
I was told by a worker last week that Claire Lynch, who is “pregnant” with AJ Styles’ “child” in TNA storyline, actually works at Universal Studios as Olive Oyl on the park’s Popeye Ride.
Apparently this is something Lynch, whose real name is Julia Reilly, didn’t want out and has tried to conceal.

:lol

rvd2kewl

Kurt Angle on his Twitter account said:
If Tna is an Indy Company, then Why Do I Make More $ than Punk Does in Wwe? I'm just Saying.

SMH. Gotta be the biggest BS'er in the business today with the stuff he says.

Striker

I'm not sure what low Raw ratings will do exactly. With Impact continuing to pull shitty ratings (never escaping 0.9 land), they still don't have legitimate competition. I'm hoping the end of Linda's silly political future will cause Vince to wake up.
PG isn't the cause for the low rating. As it's been for the past seven or so years, it's been bad writing and crappy booking. You have Triple H getting main event matches when he has no business doing so.

somedevil

SMH. Gotta be the biggest BS'er in the business today with the stuff he says.

He must be the reason why they asked Velvet, Bully Ray and Devon to take pay cuts. lol.

edit: The man has problems has anyone heard the recent story about Gerald Brisco that Angle all angry?

Unless you don't play poker or know anything about it. Which is what I'm wondering. How many people watching understand what the reference is?

They'll just ask someone they know or look it up on the net. I mean, I didn't know what the name was referencing when it was first mentioned, but I figured that it was some kind of card game - aces and some kind of number is almost always some kind of hand. Google'd it, and I found out that it's the 'dead man's hand'. Even aside from the attempts at themed promos, it's pretty easy to find out if you're interested, and it works as a stable name anyway for people who aren't - it's better than Ink, Inc. in any case. Aces and Eights have bigger problems than an almost-subtle poker reference, anyway.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PG isn't the cause for the low rating. As it's been for the past seven or so years, it's been bad writing and crappy booking. You have Triple H getting main event matches when he has no business doing so.
Kind of is in many ways. Divas are NOTHING because they can't even fight against men anymore. I wanna see Kane chockeslam AJ. I love her, but yeah.

I tried to warn Keyser. I honest and truly did! TNA stole the Summer powers!

The Summer powers don't last much longer, enjoy it while you can Beefy Boy because when September strides into town it's the beginning of the end which is also evidenced by the last two years, the power of June will rejuvenate itself again next year and the cycle shall repeat.

Top Bottom