• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

somedevil

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks beat two jobbers. Hawkins and Reks are doing some new stipper "Magic Mike" dance gimmick now.

Hey, at least they are on tv and Nash has a reason to come back now.

Jyy70.jpg

2csRg.jpg

Daniels and Kazarian should print these out and say WE HAVE PHOTOS OF YOUR SORDID TIME WITH HER AJ! The proof is all here, you might claim to not remember but everyone now knows the sick truth.

*sips*

So, just before Summer Of Punk 2, I started getting back into professional wrestling. I'm naturally predisposed to all of its component parts and the thing itself, but I fell away after cruiserweight WCW and AKI wrestling games. I've done more than enough homework on WWE, the smaller/older American promotions, indie, and international stuff since. Lurking on this part of NeoGAF's been a huge part of that. Thanks, all. Most of you are hilarious and have really good taste.

This week, I'm going to my 1st live event, http://www.chikarapro.com/aug-17-2012.php Chikara in Milwaukee! What should I expect? Is watching wrestling without the benefit of camera closeups pointless? Do Wisconsinites make for good indie crowds? Are chants more or less annoying than the usual cheers and jeers? Does Chikara live hold up?

I would suggest getting to the show early so you can sit in the front row. It's a totally different experience when the ring is the only thing in front of you. Since it's CHIKARA though be prepared to move alot with all the dives. CHIKARA crowds in general are pretty good so I figure Wisconsin would follow suit. They are my favorite promotion going, you are in for a treat. You will be awed by high flying moves, appreciate good mat wrestling, and laugh at genuinely funny comedy. You have an amazing main event between Quack and Colt, The Atomicos between The Swarm and F.I.S.T/Sugar should be great( make sure you boo the heck out of Icarus and the horrible back tattoo), ACH is on the card(Prepare to be amazed), Jakob and The Mysterious Stranger are going to be hilarious, and most importantly of all you must cheer the devious wrestler in the world aka Ultra Mantis Black to victory! Have fun dude!

Oh dear.

"Ric Flair appeared over the weekend at the Gathering of the Juggalos, hosting the main stage of musical acts. Flair's appearance was actually cut short after he was struck with a water bottle thrown from the crowd, at which point he decreed he was not going back out in front of the Juggalos."

Also, update about Corporal Robinson being done with JCW - he wasn't caught stealing cash directly, but rather he was caught selling fake tickets to Juggalos outside the Gathering. What a scumbag.

To be fair, me liking Heidenreich was before I realized wrestling was a work. Once I was disconnected from The Matrix, I realized how weird he really was.

Still, his promos were fun and I can't really hate them.

He sure did!

He was entertaining during the Michael Cole rape + poem debacle in a "This dude's so weird" kind of way, but that's about it.

Whats everyone's opinion on the new Raw music?

I think it works good as a TONIGHTS MATCH UP POSING PICTURES background music thing but like as an opening and zomg build up its Raw time etc its a bit weak.

He was entertaining during the Michael Cole rape + poem debacle in a "This dude's so weird" kind of way, but that's about it.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not saying dude was cutting promos like Shawn Michaels or anything. :lol

Has to be Nathan Jones. I don't remember any promos with MVP being in prison. He cut promos about how he WAS in prison, though.

WWE updated their developmental roster page - notable new additions, Luke Harper (the former Brodie Lee), Emma (Tenille Taylor on the indies) and Skyler Moon (AKA Buggy Nova);

iB5d0qj9C8zJw.jpg
ijwOmSidZojYn.jpg
ir6SCTz8gOG5X.jpg

idBfRz3r5Eszr.JPG

WWE updated their developmental roster page - notable new additions, Luke Harper (the former Brodie Lee), Emma (Tenille Taylor on the indies) and Skyler Moon (AKA Buggy Nova);

idBfRz3r5Eszr.JPG

might have found a new waifu, still on team kaitlyn for now

also vampire guy is in the indies and not suprisinly is friends with jeff and matt hardy

Kaladin

Oh dear.

"Ric Flair appeared over the weekend at the Gathering of the Juggalos, hosting the main stage of musical acts. Flair's appearance was actually cut short after he was struck with a water bottle thrown from the crowd, at which point he decreed he was not going back out in front of the Juggalos."

Also, update about Corporal Robinson being done with JCW - he wasn't caught stealing cash directly, but rather he was caught selling fake tickets to Juggalos outside the Gathering. What a scumbag.

LOL Ric Flair.......Why didn't they tear up Corporal Robinson's car?

Kaladin

003_PUNK_08112012rb_122.jpg

CM Punk meets actor Bruce Campbell of USA Network's "Burn Notice."

While I get that it's USA and all....really, that's all they got for Bruce Campbell?

Top Bottom