• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
miley-cyrus-54.jpg

She got the Justin Gabriel

Justin-Gabriel-justin-gabriel-16027783-500-281.jpg
I prefer this Justin Gabriel

jkdch16gZzYpT.png

whoever he is

So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. I'm not gonna have you sit here and belittle me. Say I've lost sight? I've lost sight of things, John? The reason I say I'm gonna take that and walk out is because I don't fit a certain mold. Because I am the underdog, and that's exactly what you've lost sight of. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Garak was right about one thing: a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. Earlier in this ring, you mentioned great wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero and you said they used to look at you and say that the kid couldn't hang. And now you stand here and look at me as the kid that can't hang. So I will learn to live with it... Because I can live with it... I can live with it... John, I was hanging off of your gangster car, WrestleMania 22, as it rolled down in Chicago, Illinois, and I stood there in a suit looking as ridiculous as that man looks right now in his suit, holding a phony Tommy gun...

Computer - erase that entire personal log.

Kaladin

So... I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. I'm not gonna have you sit here and belittle me. Say I've lost sight? I've lost sight of things, John? The reason I say I'm gonna take that and walk out is because I don't fit a certain mold. Because I am the underdog, and that's exactly what you've lost sight of. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Garak was right about one thing: a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. Earlier in this ring, you mentioned great wrestlers like Eddie Guerrero and you said they used to look at you and say that the kid couldn't hang. And now you stand here and look at me as the kid that can't hang. So I will learn to live with it... Because I can live with it... I can live with it... John, I was hanging off of your gangster car, WrestleMania 22, as it rolled down in Chicago, Illinois, and I stood there in a suit looking as ridiculous as that man looks right now in his suit, holding a phony Tommy gun...

Computer - erase that entire personal log.

Damnit that was a fuck awesome episode.

Laserfrog

Threadomania watch some of the most outrageous forum slip ups to happen in the history of the internet. From established forums to the indies, nothing stops the rampage and hijinks of Threadomania. Can you stop threadomania? No, no you can't.

Sokantish

Finish both. The final season of TNG finished a lot of plotlines and DS9 really picks up after the first season.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I thought TNG dropped off a bit after Roddenberry died. DS9 didn't even seem that bad from what I watched, I think I started watching X-Files instead

Here it is, one of the most ridiculously stacked Pro-Wrestling NOAH cards of this year. Hell, one of the most ridiculously stacked cards from ANY promotion. Kicking things off, the next generation of the Von Erich wrestling family make their Japanese debut as Marshall & Ross von Erich take on Australian duo TMDK of Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls, plus Mohammed Yone faces off against wrestling legend Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Then, DDT's Kota Ibushi takes on NOAH's newest Jr. Heavyweight, Atsushi Kotoge, while TAJIRI faces Maybach Taniguchi of NO MERCY and KENTA makes his return from injury against his long-standing rival Naomichi Marufuji to round out the first half of the show. The second half brings four back-to-back title matches, as first Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki defend the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles againt Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy, Yoshinobu Kanemaru defends the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title against 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito defend the GHC Heavyweight Tag Titles against Magnus & Samoa Joe and, finally, in an hard-fought main event GHC Heayvweight Champion Takeshi Morishima defends his belt against Go Shiozaki.

NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 IN RYOGOKU", 22.07.2012
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan
8,000 Fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x26ypq

01. Taiji Ishimori vs Masa Takanashi

VON ERICH BROTHER's JAPANESE DEBUT MATCH;

02. TMDK (Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls) vs Ross & Marshall von Erich

03. Kensuke Sasaki & Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Akira Taue & Genba Hirayanagi

04. Mohammed Yone vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara

05. Kota Ibushi vs Atsushi Kotoge

06. TAJIRI vs Maybach Taniguchi

07. KENTA vs Naomichi Marufuji

GHC Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

08. Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki (c) vs Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy

GHC Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

09. Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) vs Christopher Daniels

GHC HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH;

10. Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito (c) vs Magnus & Samoa Joe

GHC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH;

11. Takeshi Morishima (c) vs Go Shiozaki

Oh shit, signed for the Yuji Nagata 20th Anniversary Show on 09/09;

Yuji Nagata, Jun Akiyama & Masaaki Mochizuki vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura & Yujiro Takahashi

Fuck, that looks amazing.

I fucking hate indie wrestling.

Yeah, well indie wrestling fucking hates you ;p

And that's a pretty broad section of wrestling you're damning on the basis of one ROH gif

I started watching DS9 but stopped like 5 episodes in. I made it to the final season of TNG and stopped watching. Should I finish both?

The first season of DS9 is TERRIBLE. It has TERRIBLE acting. Kira is HORRIBLE and Sikso does not know who is acting. Lots of things were just wrong and terrible. However, it sets up some things you need to know about for the future, so you need to watch it.

However, as it goes on IT GETS AMAZING. You should really watch it. The whole Dominion war arc is amazing TV. You could try to watch from Season 3 onwards, but you are missing some great back story (even if it is horribly told).

If you can make it through the early stuff it pays of big time IMO.

Sokantish

The first season of DS9 is TERRIBLE. It has TERRIBLE acting. Kira is HORRIBLE and Sikso does not know who is acting. Lots of things were just wrong and terrible. However, it sets up some things you need to know about for the future, so you need to watch it.

However, as it goes on IT GETS AMAZING. You should really watch it. The whole Dominion war arc is amazing TV. You could try to watch from Season 3 onwards, but you are missing some great back story (even if it is horribly told).

I can easily sit through bad TV if I know its leading somewhere. DS9 getting good is great because I really loved TNG.

The other series after TNG and DS9 any good? I did watch Voyager when I was younger but I don't really remember any of it

Kaladin

They even make awesome characters out of Jake and Nog by the time the series is done.

Jake and Nog.

The dominion suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. That shit drags on too long and ends entirely unsatisfactorily. However, DS9 has some amazing characters and episodes that makes it worth watching the whole thing, in spite of its flaws. But imo, as far as story arcs go; Babylon 5 > DS9.

I have never seen Babylon 5 either. Maybe that should go on the list as well

Fair warning, it has aged quite a bit - moreso than DS9, I'd say. Still a great series though, some awesome characters too. Londo & Jakar <3

The other series after TNG and DS9 any good? I did watch Voyager when I was younger but I don't really remember any of it

Voyager's isn't all bad, but some of the characters are so shallow and uninteresting, and some dumb revisionist 'reset button' writing makes it kinda infuriating at times. Enterprise, some good episodes here and there (including one with Big Show as an Orion slave trader!), but it's largely not worth it.

I can easily sit through bad TV if I know its leading somewhere. DS9 getting good is great because I really loved TNG.

I like Voyager because it has good standalone episode.

However, you can easily pick and choose Voyager episodes and see everything you need to. The problem with the show is that it was on TV for 7 years, but hit the reset button any time anything big happened. They had some nice story arcs, but when anything big happened, it was inconsequential, and episode after that, everyone is back to normal. There were fun episodes here and there though - as well as the worst episode in the history of Trek, so there is stuff in there to watch to be entertained (or out of morbid curiosity)

However, stuff mattered in DS9, which is why I really loved it. Once they got a storyline going, they were consistent, and you could trust the writers to tidy things up well.

Once DS9 ended, one of the lead writers went to help on the following season of Voyager, and he apparently left after 2 episodes (as he did not like that style of show).

Bowser

SmackDown talk:

D. Brine jobbing again, this time to a fucking piece of shit who can't get off the juice. I can't wait for Orton to get his third strike so WWE has no choice but to fire his ass. And fuck Triple H being the leech that he is, I don't care if it's just to appease the live audience. No one gives a fuck about you, you old ass piece of shit.

Striker

SmackDown talk:

D. Brine jobbing again, this time to a fucking piece of shit who can't get off the juice. I can't wait for Orton to get his third strike so WWE has no choice but to fire his ass. And fuck Triple H being the leech that he is, I don't care if it's just to appease the live audience. No one gives a fuck about you, you old ass piece of shit.
He's the worst part about the show, and I'm including the Cena stuff right now. It's all terrible, really.

Another annoyance:
Why is Cody in the doghouse, or seemingly so, because he's yet to win much since losing the title.

Is Farscape any good? That is on Netflix Instant and Babylon 5 isn't.

It's meant to be great if you can get into it - I never managed to though, something about the show always felt off.

If you're looking for sci-fi, try 'Space: Above & Beyond' - far more militaristic than other sci-fi series, it's like Wing Commander for TV.

Is Farscape any good? That is on Netflix Instant and Babylon 5 isn't.

Farscape is also great.

Probably my second fave of the 90s/early 00s Sci-Fi shows. Lots of great stories - many of which go in a direction no other shows would even touch at the time. Goes some dark places too, which is a good watch.

However there are two things.

It uses puppets for many of the aliens and some of the main cast. I think this is great (as it allows the cast to interact with them). However, some people hate it, and cannot get past the fact people are talking to puppets - even if they are very well made, and amazingly preformed. If that annoys you (and you will find out after a few episodes), then you will probably will not make it through the series.

Also, it got cancelled after 4 seasons. No one knew it was going to get cancelled when they ended S4, so there was plot left open. However there was a miniseries left to tidy things up, but it is not as amazing as the show itself was. It is fun, but you can tell it was made to tidy up buts of narrative.

If you don't mind the show going out with a bit of a whimper, then there is great stuff to watch in Farscape.

As I said, it tries some nice stuff others faltout won't, and for that alone it is well worth a watch.

KissVibes

Banned
SmackDown talk:

Nah man, they're just gearing up for his big push. Just listen when Smackdown airs, the louder the piped-in boos for Bryan, the bigger the push he's gonna get. They'll push him ten times as hard as Cena and he'll get the ice cream bars! Just you wait....

eldoon

So wwe pick the worst karashian sister as their tweet adviser.
Lets see
All Kids - shes not cena -Wont care
Most Teen Girls - Dont watch wwe - Wont care
Most Teen Boys - Not Kim - Wont care
Most Adult Women - think karadisians are stupid -wont care
Most Adult Men - think shes the ugly sister - wont care

Kaladin

Here it is, one of the most ridiculously stacked Pro-Wrestling NOAH cards of this year. Hell, one of the most ridiculously stacked cards from ANY promotion. Kicking things off, the next generation of the Von Erich wrestling family make their Japanese debut as Marshall & Ross von Erich take on Australian duo TMDK of Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls, plus Mohammed Yone faces off against wrestling legend Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Then, DDT's Kota Ibushi takes on NOAH's newest Jr. Heavyweight, Atsushi Kotoge, while TAJIRI faces Maybach Taniguchi of NO MERCY and KENTA makes his return from injury against his long-standing rival Naomichi Marufuji to round out the first half of the show. The second half brings four back-to-back title matches, as first Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki defend the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles againt Ricky Marvin & Super Crazy, Yoshinobu Kanemaru defends the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title against 'The Fallen Angel' Christopher Daniels, Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito defend the GHC Heavyweight Tag Titles against Magnus & Samoa Joe and, finally, in an hard-fought main event GHC Heayvweight Champion Takeshi Morishima defends his belt against Go Shiozaki.

That's going on my watch list. You get 2 spots on my fave five.

Alucard

Banned
Happy to see the Raw ratings dropping weekly. 3 hours is just a ridiculous amount of time to expect people to tune into a wrestling show. Even live, I'd probably feel bored after 2 hours.

Keep falling, Raw.

Top Bottom