• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
HHH is "high on" McIntyre so he lets him get jobbed out periodically?

Also McGillicutty would need a huge repackage to ever be taken seriously unless they go the other route.

HHH is "high on" McIntyre so he lets him get jobbed out periodically?

Also McGillicutty would need a huge repackage to ever be taken seriously unless they go the other route.

All he does is scream... a lot. I wish he had the charisma of his old man. The Mr. Perfect promos are still legendary. He's a fine wrestler, just needs some direction. At least he has some energy unlike Dibiase.

Man, the children of wrestlers blow for the most part right now.

I hope you liked the musical performances at Wrestlemania

The live musical performances at Mania made me regret paying money for Mania. So, good on Vince advertising this shit well ahead of time - I can save the money that would have been spent on Mania for the wealth of indy iPPV's airing that weekend.

The live musical performances at Mania made me regret paying money for Mania. So, good on Vince advertising this shit well ahead of time - I can save the money that would have been spent on Mania for the wealth of indy iPPV's airing that weekend.

I've always thought that those indy feds were pretty damn gutsy to air PPVs on Wrestlemania weekend.

its kurt angle suplex appreciation week its real its damn real

YztEY.gif

KurtAngle-GermanSuplex1.gif

No not angle week....

Don't want to post Ham sandwich vid.....lol

McNei1y

Dude...

Kurt Angle was a beast.

ANGLE SLAM

bGKyV.gif

2GaA3.gif

And here's the GOAT

BEST THEME KURT ANGLE

you don't understand... he was top 3 favorites since I was a kid. He ranked up there with SCSA and The Rock.

My Fave 5:

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Daniel Bryan

Honorable Mention:

----- ------

Dude...

Kurt Angle was a beast.

ANGLE SLAM

bGKyV.gif

2GaA3.gif

And here's the GOAT

BEST THEME KURT ANGLE

you don't understand... he was top 3 favorites since I was a kid. He ranked up there with SCSA and The Rock.

My Fave 5:

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Daniel Bryan

Honorable Mention:

----- ------

Yeah but Cena clowned him...That was the starting of the downfall. Till TNA found him a new image

I've always thought that those indy feds were pretty damn gutsy to air PPVs on Wrestlemania weekend.

Yeah, can't imagine Vince appreciates them riding his coat-tails - WWE wants people filling up Mania weekend with all those random WWE fan events, not by going to see other wrestling shows. Still, it makes for an awesome weekend of wrestling, even moreso this year with all the promotions running Mania weekend;

$5 Dollar Wrestling
Combat Zone Wrestling
CHIKARA
Dragon Gate USA
EVOLVE
Kaiju Big Battel
Ring of Honor
SHIMMER

McNei1y

Yeah but Cena clowned him...That was the starting of the downfall. Till TNA found him a new image

Don't say that man.. Just don't... I REFUSE IT!!

They should've kept him man. It's true... ITS DAMN TRUE. He was so FUCKING GOOD.

His mic skills were awesome. His wrestling was awesome. His entrance was awesome. HIS HEEL WAS AWESOME.

Edit: I meant to say him being HEEL was awesome

Edit 2: You don't understand... I DOUBT it happens but if he was the 30th contender at Royal Rumble...................... I would shit my pants. 3....2....1.... and his theme plays. I'd mark out like there was no tomorrow.

Don't say that man.. Just don't... I REFUSE IT!!
They should've kept him man. It's true... ITS DAMN TRUE. He was so FUCKING GOOD.

His mic skills were awesome. His wrestling was awesome. His entrance was awesome. HIS HELL WAS AWESOME.

Sorry man it was in the Papers!!!!! Then it went on video.

E: Saw the edits...I gotta admit he was a good heel

McNei1y

It won't happen but please tell me I'm not the only one that would mark out if Kurt Angle's theme played during the Royal Rumble.

I mean that theme coming out of nowhere would LITERALLY make me jump in the air and shout. It's such an awesome theme.

Aiii

So not worth it
I would love to see D-Bry vs. Kurt Angle.

If only to listen to the crowd spending the whole 30 minutes dueling YOU SUCK! and YES! chants.

McNei1y

If only to listen to the crowd spending the whole 30 minutes dueling YOU SUCK! and YES! chants.

Dude, that would be one of the best matches. Both are submission/technical wrestlers... and they both of some of the best crowd pop. It would sooooooo goood.gif

I really wish Bryan got in a feud with Jericho or they became (old school) tag champs since they would also put on a damn good show.

G-Fex

I am still trying to get into NFL gaf's good graces despite my lack of knowledge about....everything.

And yes Tom, I always knew you wanted to be a white boy.

G-Fex

Leave LIEwood, go back to HaLOL Gaf or maMMA Gaf.

Go so I can lock the door behind you.

You've become the New York Yankees.

Ithil

Dude...

Kurt Angle was a beast.

ANGLE SLAM

bGKyV.gif

2GaA3.gif

And here's the GOAT

BEST THEME KURT ANGLE

My Fave 5:

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
The Rock
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Daniel Bryan

Honorable Mention:

----- ------

I doubt many things could cause a bigger mark out moment these days than hearing this hit on an episode of RAW. Shame it's never gonna happen.

You mean 90% of the crowd sitting quietly not knowing who he is because he's been gone almost all of their life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When was Kid Rock doing a musical performance at Mania? Like the 2009 Mania? Was that it? It's almost ten years after his relevance so I could see it happening.

Apparently Davey Richards was meant to partner Zack Sabre Jr. for Pro-Wrestling NOAH's upcoming Jr. Heavyweight Tag Tournamet, but decided against working for NOAH - Richards was one half of New Japan's Jr. Heavyweight tag champs, but was stripped of the title when he claimed a car accident prevented him from flying over for the tour before last. NOAH had apparently intended for Richards & Sabre Jr. to win the tag title tournament and had planned to book Richards as the top American talent in NOAH, instead Paul London will be Zack's partner. It's doubtful that NOAH will follow through with the same plans for Paul, which is a shame for Zack as he's performed brilliantly on his last two tours and has started to win over the Japanese crowd with his British-wrestling style in great matches with the likes of Atsushi Kotoge and Atsushi Aoki, but it's strange that Richards would turn down such a big opportunity in NOAH, even if it would affect his availability for ROH in September.

Speaking of Ring of Honor, their iPPV last weekend did just 650 buys, well down from their peak of 2,300. However, this was essentially a B-show given the less-than-stellar line-up on paper, the relatively short build and the technical issues still fresh in fans minds from two iPPVs ago. But, while iPPV sales were down, many fans hoping to buy tickets at the door found the show unexpectedly sold out, which is a good success for ROH in a market they've been working hard to build. The iPPV itself went off without a hitch and the quality of the stream was excellent throughout, so hopefully it will go some way to restoring faith for ROH's next iPPV Death Before Dishonor X on September 15th in Chicago Ridge.

New Japan's first iPPV via U-Stream was huge success in Japan, despite only being promoted less than a week prior. Although this one was only for Japanese residents, the company are working on making the next iPPV (likely Wrestle Kingdom VII in January) available worldwide.

The number of gaijin talents on the upcoming September tour are a good indication that the company, now under new ownership, is doing better financially. The full list of foreign talent is; Alex Shelly, Karl Anderson, Low Ki, Harry Smith, Averno, Mascara Dorada, Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov. Much like with Mistico, Averno is being brought back to make Mascara Dorada look as good as possible, while Harry Smith will join Suzuki-gun as Lance Archer's (Lace Hoyt) tag partner, after Taichi leaves for an extended tour of Mexico.

New Japan president Takaaki Kidani has made an offer to get Tatsuhiro Yonemitsu, who won Japan’s only men’s wrestling gold medal at the Olympics, in the 145 pound weight class. The idea would be to book him as a masked hero for the kids.

Couple of notes from the observer about WWE;

"It should be noted that HHH has never been that high on women's wrestling. Some who have worked with him and talked the subject with him believe when he gets more power you’ll see more of an emphasis on tag teams and women will be even more on the back burner."

"HHH is pushing to get McGillicutty repackaged. He’s still high on both he and McIntyre as far as long-term potential."

"Laurinaitis has been told that he will be returning to television soon as some sort of an Executive Vice President character."

"While the shows in Japan were viewed positively, there were complaints regarding the advertising. The main events were what was advertised, but even though all the talent advertised appeared, most of the matches were different. Unlike in the U.S., where that’s expected, in Japan it’s a real big deal that you never false advertise. They had advertised a Mysterio vs. Bryan match which a lot of people looked forward to, and just changed the show."

NXT - 08/15/12;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9d3h5HGDQA

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestlemania 25. I was there.

My condolences. They're just intolerable...

However I will say the uh, shitty DX band doing the Star Spangled Banner (or was it the Pledge of Allegiance? I have no idea because they were so bad) and getting the shit booed out of them is one of the best things.

Top Bottom