• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In that 'Games you want to play which don't exist' thread over in gaming, I posted my idea for a wrestling game - am I the only person who would love a wrestling game like this?

"A wrestling RPG where you take your created wrestler from debuting jobber to international superstar. However, instead of the traditional wrestling gameplay you would have to work with you opponents, time and position moves perfectly to avoid injuring them and successfully hit planned high spots in each match. Also, crowd reactions would factor into things, with different crowds preferring certain styles of wrestling, and as a face or heel it would be your characters job to win their favour or their hate, respectively. Finally, backstage situations would allow you to interact with your fellow wrestlers, to earn their respect and friendship, or sow the seeds of animosity. How a wrestler you are scheduled to work with perceives you would affect how they treat you during the match, but while skill and popularity provide the traditional route to success in the world of wrestling, sly manipulation of backstage politics can be as equally effective in changing a wrestler's fortunes."

Good idea if you ask me, but appeals to a small audience. But it would be sweet as hell. I've always wanted one with a more insider look at the business that isn't really all that inside - I think wrestling games have been put by the wayside as it's still a game that, on the 1v1 level at least you play by seeing who is stronger. I think style and reactions and selling should be more important.

Maybe near the end of the match, the ref decides who wins, and will weight the match in their favor based on who got over in what fashion to what kind of crowd. And more.

Honestly I'd love to kickstart a wrestling card game - there's a lot of things you can do with that to make a better game, and I know some people who work in the CCG industry that'd love it too.

Kaladin

So what wrestling event features extreme wrestlers, demons, insects, multi-sport stars, international superstars, ancient warriors, former WWF superstars and submission experts?

King of Trios, that's what.

G-Fex

So what wrestling event features extreme wrestlers, demons, insects, multi-sport stars, international superstars, ancient warriors, former WWF superstars and submission experts?

Next thread better mention King of Trios in the title.

Fuck WWE

They seem to be severely lacking Marching Band Troop Leaders, Mixed Martial Artists, and Mysterious and Handsome Strangers right now...

Sokantish

In that 'Games you want to play which don't exist' thread over in gaming, I posted my idea for a wrestling game - am I the only person who would love a wrestling game like this?

"A wrestling RPG where you take your created wrestler from debuting jobber to international superstar. However, instead of the traditional wrestling gameplay you would have to work with you opponents, time and position moves perfectly to avoid injuring them and successfully hit planned high spots in each match. Also, crowd reactions would factor into things, with different crowds preferring certain styles of wrestling, and as a face or heel it would be your characters job to win their favour or their hate, respectively. Finally, backstage situations would allow you to interact with your fellow wrestlers, to earn their respect and friendship, or sow the seeds of animosity. How a wrestler you are scheduled to work with perceives you would affect how they treat you during the match, but while skill and popularity provide the traditional route to success in the world of wrestling, sly manipulation of backstage politics can be as equally effective in changing a wrestler's fortunes."

I'd love that, too bad it'd never be made though!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Honestly I'd love to kickstart a wrestling card game - there's a lot of things you can do with that to make a better game, and I know some people who work in the CCG industry that'd love it too.

There used to be a digital WWE card game way back when, used to play the heck out of With Authority. Didn't last all that long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't wrestlers use guns in "anything goes" matches?

Oh you want THIS to be a gun control thread?

LET ME TELL YOU because only 8% of firearms used are obtained legally - so an anything goes match, even though it still upholds the law regarding sanctions, requires legal firearms of which statistically there are only 8% when they're used. So they rarely, if ever, get used. The most prolific use of a gun was by Pillman. AND YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. Therefore the facts don't lie.

This was a joke post BTW.

LET ME TELL YOU because only 8% of firearms used are obtained legally - so an anything goes match, even though it still upholds the law regarding sanctions, requires legal firearms of which statistically there are only 8% when they're used. So they rarely, if ever, get used. The most prolific use of a gun was by Pillman. AND YOU SAW WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. Therefore the facts don't lie.

All I'm hearing you say is that wrestlers are bunch of pinko hippies who aren't man enough to defend themselves with a gun. I fear for you and your loved ones when someone breaks into your home wielding a sledgehammer and you don't have the power to stop them.

Pretty sure intentionally killing someone causes a dq.

Next time Cena's in an "I Quit" match his opponent should threaten to kill a junior member of the Cenation unless he quits.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I think it's terrible that men are subjected to having to be threw tables, blading, etc. YOU DON'T SEE WOMEN EVER DOING THAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!

XenoRaven

All I'm hearing you say is that wrestlers are bunch of pinko hippies who aren't man enough to defend themselves with a gun. I fear for you and your loved ones when someone breaks into your home wielding a sledgehammer and you don't have the power to stop them.
You don't need guns to protect yourself from sledgehammers. All you need is black eye-liner and an unparalleled desire to never lose at a specific sporting event.

I think it's terrible that men are subjected to having to be threw tables, blading, etc. YOU DON'T SEE WOMEN EVER DOING THAT STUFF!!!!!!!!!!

PICT1143.jpg

Next time Cena's in an "I Quit" match his opponent should threaten to kill a junior member of the Cenation unless he quits.

Wait, how many 'anything goes' matches have you seen take place in someone's house?

I feel like I'm learning things about you, Persp. Unsettling things. Just what kind of dubious mind lies behind that cat mask?

But now that I think about it: why hasn't there been more hostage situations at ringside? I can think of innocent people getting involved in a brawl, but not someone actually dragging someone out of the crowd or at the announcer table during the middle of a match and threatening them with a weapon or something. I mean, it's a pretty heelish tactic; it lacks subtlety, but it makes up for it in ruthlessness. The closest things I can think of is Lesner breaking Shawn Michaels' arm on Monday, Heidenreich abducting Cole, and other out-of-ring shenanigans - but nothing like a legitimate, desperate freak out. Then again, I guess that would be pushing things too far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you went to Abdullah the Butcher's restaurant, would you tip?

If you went to Abdullah the Butcher's restaurant, would you tip?

It depends entirely on the service and quality of the meal, which my tip, or lack thereof, would reflect. Tipping shouldn't be a requirement, but rather minimum wages should be increased so income from tips isn't a necessity for servers.

teehee

Yes. I"M A BULLY AND A STAR BEAN.

Seriously, King of Trios is better than anything WWE has done in the past year.

Judging by hype alone.

A King of Fighters tribute wrestling show in a junior high school gym.

This is what we're talking about, right?

I don't mind you discussing it at all but if you're going to take snipes at the king while you do it, then we're going to have a problem.

Just take it to the KOF gaming side thread, I'm sure they'd just love it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A King of Fighters tribute wrestling show in a junior high school gym.

This is what we're talking about, right?

I don't mind you discussing it at all but if you're going to take snipes at the king while you do it, then we're going to have a problem.

Just take it to the KOF gaming side thread, I'm sure they'd just love it.

We're all KOF lovers here. Because King of Fighters is one of the best (just below VF)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Real talk.

SFIII:3S > KOF.

I think that's kind of unfair though - you have to pick a particular KOF.

For instance if we boiled down SF into all iterations with KOF, I mean, sure you'd probably go with SF because of the gameplay, but KOF has such wonderful fun characters. It has personality over gameplay MOST of the time but not all. Personality goes a long way.

G-Fex

slightconfuse nailed it.

The King of Trios will rule all.

FIVE STARS - Tony Shiavone

OH MY GOODNESS - Booker T

BAW GAWD - J.R.

OHH MY GAWDDDDD - Joey Styles

Top Bottom