• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

3rd strike is really good, i like it a lot. KOF 13 is fun to watch.

I think im buying persona 4 today.

I wish I had someone to play KOF XIII with me, because online that game is unplayable.

At least I have Persona 4. :D

You're all a bunch of hip-ass hipsters. Hipsters! Hipsters I tell you!

Maybe if I keep saying it, I'll finally understand what the hell it's supposed to mean.

XenoRaven

You're all a bunch of hip-ass hipsters. Hipsters! Hipsters I tell you!

Maybe if I keep saying it, I'll finally understand what the hell it's supposed to mean.
If it makes you feel any better I like Street Fighter more than KOF and Persona (for now). Nothing beats CvS2 though.

G-Fex

I stopped caring about fighting games

It works since I'm no good at them anyway.

I'm in love with Blitz/tecmo bowl right now.

bangai-o

Banned
STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEOGAMES THEY SUCK

ESPECIALLY VIDEOGAMES WHERE YOU FIGHT PEOPLE

bothh3ssm.gif

G-Fex

Ooh ooh I haven't made enemies out of the fighting game community yet.

and now I will.........................................................Now.

hahahah, I hate you guys.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Start with uh.... I dunno

fighting game players are the worst

BUT SPEAKING OF FIGHTING GAMES YOU GUYS SEE THAT FIRST TO 15 I HAD WITH BEEF??

good time good times

they tried to get rid of the archives, erase history but Iiiiii still have it

July's CHIKARA shows now available to purchase over at SMV!

CHIKARA - July 28th, The Great Escape;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-download.html

1. assailANT vs. Green Ant
2. Cameron Matthews vs. Kobald vs. Anthony Stone vs. Jivin' Jimmy - YLC-X Quarter Final
3. Ophidian vs. Frightmare
4. Icarus vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
5. combatANT, deviANT & Soldier Ant vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
6. Jakob Hammermeier & Tim Donst vs. The Batiri
7. The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton
8. The Heart Throbs & The Young Bucks vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
9. Sara Del Rey vs. Eddie Kingston

CHIKARA - July 29th, Give 'em the Axe!;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-july-29-2012-give-em-the-axe-everett-ma-download.html

1. Spectral Envoy vs. Soldier Ant, combatANT & deviANT
2. Ophidian vs. Sugar Dunkerton
3. The Shard vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
4. The Batiri vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
5. Icarus vs. Sara Del Rey
6. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Jigsaw
7. Los Ice Creams vs. Sthe The Turtle Weiner & Green Ant
8. JT Dunn vs. Aaron Epic vs. ACH vs. Vinny Marseglia - YLC-X Quarter Final
9. The Throwbacks vs. The Young Bucks

Also, Colt Cabana talks wresting and about his experiences at the Gathering of the Juggalos;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/colt-cabana-gathering-of-the-juggalos_n_1745518.html

XenoRaven

Good luck. SF GAF is super laid back and friendly.

Here is my advice. Act like you're a super big expert on balance, complain about your top tier character being nerfed (my suggestion would be Fei Long), and claim to be a huge fan of DSP.

I'm kidding, I have all three games - play them almost every other day :p

I was going to justify this post by posting the Layla/Kaitlyn gif again, but bangai-o beat me to the punch. Damn brownouts :(

Sokantish

Start with uh.... I dunno

fighting game players are the worst

BUT SPEAKING OF FIGHTING GAMES YOU GUYS SEE THAT FIRST TO 15 I HAD WITH BEEF??

good time good times

they tried to get rid of the archives, erase history but Iiiiii still have it

G-Fex doesn't need to start with anything. Pick any fighting game community thread, be his normal G-Fex self, he'll probably make enemies within a matter of minutes!

G-Fex

Good luck. SF GAF is super laid back and friendly.

Here is my advice. Act like you're a super big expert on balance, complain about your top tier character being nerfed (my suggestion would be Fei Long), and claim to be a huge fan of DSP.

no dice, minus five stars for SF gaf.

Sides I can't get into the technical aspects of the game so I won't.

July's CHIKARA shows now available to purchase over at SMV!

CHIKARA - July 28th, The Great Escape;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-download.html

1. assailANT vs. Green Ant
2. Cameron Matthews vs. Kobald vs. Anthony Stone vs. Jivin' Jimmy - YLC-X Quarter Final
3. Ophidian vs. Frightmare
4. Icarus vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
5. combatANT, deviANT & Soldier Ant vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
6. Jakob Hammermeier & Tim Donst vs. The Batiri
7. The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton
8. The Heart Throbs & The Young Bucks vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
9. Sara Del Rey vs. Eddie Kingston

CHIKARA - July 29th, Give 'em the Axe!;

http://smartmarkvideo.com/chikara-july-29-2012-give-em-the-axe-everett-ma-download.html

1. Spectral Envoy vs. Soldier Ant, combatANT & deviANT
2. Ophidian vs. Sugar Dunkerton
3. The Shard vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
4. The Batiri vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
5. Icarus vs. Sara Del Rey
6. Jakob Hammermeier vs. Jigsaw
7. Los Ice Creams vs. Sthe The Turtle Weiner & Green Ant
8. JT Dunn vs. Aaron Epic vs. ACH vs. Vinny Marseglia - YLC-X Quarter Final
9. The Throwbacks vs. The Young Bucks

Hell to the yeah! I have been looking so forward to these shows. Can't wait to see Kingston vs Del Rey. Who's down for a viewing party Saturday?

STOP TALKING ABOUT VIDEOGAMES THEY SUCK

ESPECIALLY VIDEOGAMES WHERE YOU FIGHT PEOPLE
Maybe if we talk about the best fighting game.
Smash Bros /HEEL TURN, CHEAP HEAT AND SO FORTH!

Hell G-Fex, if you want to make enemies out of fighting gaf just do that, instant heat.

Street Fighter>Soul Caliber>Tekken>Dead or Alive>----->Virtua Fighter>------------->Mortal Kombat.

Just saying.
Move DoA in front of Tekken and we are in agreement.

Sokantish

Hell G-Fex, if you want to make enemies out of fighting gaf just do that, instant heat.

Are you going to get the new DOA?

G-Fex

I would Nocturnowl but it's such a heinous lie I cannot tell.

I DESPISE Smash bros.

Are you going to get the new DOA?
As fantastic a case as Team Ninja have made so far for the game regarding bouncing breasts and soft skin technology i'm on wait for a price drop mode if anything, I was scalded buying SC5 earlier this year and have been careful ever since.
Still better additions than WWE13.

I would Nocturnowl but it's such a heinous lie I cannot tell.

I DESPISE Smash bros.
You're a real Lance Storm you know that?

Aiii

So not worth it
Paul Heyman posted the following rant on Twitter on Thursday afternoon, setting the record straight on his status with WWE, Brock Lesnar’s contract situation, rumors of him working with WWE Champion CM Punk & more:

“It is amazing how many rumors are flying around. I don’t like to address rumors. It lends credibility to them, and the moment you answer ONE rumor,you immediately call attention to the other rumors (no matter how ridiculous they are) by NOT responding!

We’re going to clear up some issues. Set the record straight. Get some people “on point,” and stir some things up!

Brock’s theory of “let them speculate” seems to be a damn smart one, and I certainly see the merits of that position.

HOWEVER (aha! There is a “but” involved here)… Just to address two items that so many people seem to be giving credence to.

@CMPunk and I have NOT pitched the idea of being aligned to anyone. If we did, you wouldn’t know about it. Did anyone know I was coming back on May 7th as Brock’s representative? NO ONE KNEW! So if @CMPunk and I have … or had .. or will have a plan … I assure you, it would have / will play out in front of your very eyes. @CMPunk doesn’t need an advocate. Nor a spokesman. Nor a representative. That’s not his character. Brock’s character totally different.

The other rumor to address … Whether @WWE is interested in extending my deal, Brock’s deal, etc. Not one single person has hit the nail on Brock’s deal with @WWE … and that’s the way Brock likes it! … and since NO ONE knows what my deal is, it would be impossible for anyone to state with certainty what my situation IS … or ISN’T! And, just for the record, I’m not discussing it.

Here’s my reasoning for it … When I left @WWE in 2006, I thought I was done. Gone. Never to return. I loved working with Brock on his book. Building #Looking4Larry with @MStuart777 has been a total blast! The @HeymanHustle website and digital program has been the cornerstone of our agency, and we love doing it.

This whole deal has been a surprise. A surprise for you. A surprise for my kids. A surprise for the WWE Universe. A surprise for ME, too. Enjoy the ride. Watch it unfold. See what happens. For the first time in forever, we have people GUESSING what comes next. If for no other reason but THAT, there’s nothing 2 discuss. You know there’s a heavily-promoted match this Sunday at @WWE #SummerSlam.

You’ve seen @ShawnMichaels, Stephanie McMahon, all our CHILDREN be a part of this main event. Now it comes down to Brock Lesnar vs HHH. If we’ve sold you on buying the ppv, I bet you get your money’s worth on this match alone. If we haven’t sold you on the ppv yet, then thank you for your time, and I hope something else has captured your attention or imagination.

Brock and I are “all-in” for this Sunday. And just based on what his future holds, HHH is “all-in,” too. This is a match everyone wants you to remember.

So … I’m not addressing any more rumors. I’m not confirming. I’m not denying. I’m focused on this Sunday … … and I’m looking forward to watching Brock and HHH live up to, and indeed EXCEED everyone’s expectations.

Is this hype? Yes. But it’s Hype routed in TRUTH. Is this a rant? A diatribe? A long-winded TwitSpeech? Absolutely! Hope you liked it.”

Heyman is a God.

Sokantish

As fantastic a case as Team Ninja have made so far for the game regarding bouncing breasts and soft skin technology i'm on wait for a price drop mode if anything, I was scalded buying SC5 earlier this year and have been careful ever since.
Still better additions than WWE13.

What's wrong is SC5? I bought that, but I guess I've been suckered into buying almost all the big fighting games this year, so nevermind.

Wasn't King of Fighters the first of that type of fighting game? Where a company throws together characters from its various franchises, except no one recognizes any of those games except maybe Art or Fighting, Samurai Showdown and Metal Slug.

Seriously, I'm looking over the OP for gaming's KOF thread and what games are these teams from?

y0qbL.png

BuaqU.png

CpEKJ.png

What's wrong is SC5? I bought that, but I guess I've been suckered into buying almost all the big fighting games this year, so nevermind.

Nothing really, it's perfectly fine and all but it wasn't worth the full price considering the horribly half assed single player mode and some rushed characters. I'm not that great at it, I mainly got it so I could actually stand a chance against my SC loving friend but it never really caught on as a multiplayer game among my friends.
So really my wallet was scalded.

XenoRaven

Wasn't King of Fighters the first of that type of fighting game? Where a company throws together characters from its various franchises, except no one recognizes any of those games except maybe Art or Fighting, Samurai Showdown and Metal Slug.

Seriously, I'm looking over the OP for gaming's KOF thread and what games are these teams from?

y0qbL.png

BuaqU.png

CpEKJ.png
I'm not a SNK expert but I think all of those are KOF originals except for Athena and maybe Daimon.

Sokantish

Nothing really, it's perfectly fine and all but it wasn't worth the full price considering the horribly half assed single player mode and some rushed characters. I'm not that great at it, I mainly got it so I could actually stand a chance against my SC loving friend but it never really caught on as a multiplayer game among my friends.
So really my wallet was scalded.

Persona 4 Arena and MK have the best single players I think. They're both pretty fun. The character creator in SC5 was pretty crazy though, I didn't get anywhere near unlocking all the stuff though

Top Bottom