• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Couple of great puro shows to watch while we wait for the G1 - first, a New Japan show from May that has finally surfaced, featuring the young lions of Takahashi & Watanabe taking on Taguchi & KUSHIDA in the opening match, the team of TenKoji, Liger & Tiger Mask facing Yano, Iizuka, Jado & Gedo, Tama Tonga testing himself against Shinsuke Nakamura, a big 6-man tag with Tanahashi, Naito & Captain New Japan against The Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada, ZERO1's Masato Tanaka & YOSHI-HASHI. Plus, in an excellent main event Hiroki Goto defends his IWGP Intercontinetal Title against Tomohiro Ishii in a tough-fought, hard hitting bout.

NJPW “40th Anniversary NEW JAPAN LIVE”, 5/20/2012
Matsushita IMP Hall, Osaka
857 fans

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x271fx

01. Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs Hiromu Takahashi & Takaaki Watanabe

02. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask IV vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Jado & Gedo

03. Togi Makabe, Yuji Nagata & Wataru Inoue vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

04. Tama Tonga vs Shinsuke Nakamura

05. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Captain New Japan vs Kazuchika Okada, Masato Tanaka & YOSHI-HASHI

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH;

06. Hirooki Goto (c) vs Tomohiro Ishii

Next, some classic Michinoku Pro action from 12 years ago. Highlights include an excellent women's tag match with Chaparita ASARI & Hiromi Yagi taking on MIMA (Shimoda) & RIMA, The Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada teaming up agaist the duo of Tiger Mask IV & Masaaki Mochizuki, and in a ****+ main event, a brash and arrogant young CIMA takes on Minoru Fujita. Awesome match, seriously check it out.

MICHINOKU PRO, "BATTLE STATION", 2000.01.09
Miyagi New World Sendai Tennis Club

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x272vh

01. Magnum TOKYO vs Kazuya Yuasa

02. Chaparita ASARI & Hiromi Yagi vs MIMA & RIMA

03. Jinsei Shinzaki vs Sumo 'Dandy' Fuji Nichi

04. The Great Sasuke & Gran Hamada vs Tiger Mask IV & Masaaki Mochizuki

05. CIMA vs Minoru Fujita

Ultratech

I have to admit I thought that was Beth too :lol

Eh, they look sorta similar, but you can still tell the difference easily.

Somebody's hiding:
loOZF.jpg

Probably should've screened the ending too, but...

The guy posing as Sandow looks absolutely boss.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow they actually put Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar from WM on there.

No way they didn't edit the crowd out of that one.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay! All my coworkers called in today and the manager is out - you've saved my workday! Thank you SenorLariato!

G-Fex

Announcement announcement everyone

Super special announcement by chairman G-Fex.

bYwEl.jpg

IT IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE DEAN AMBROSE WEEK.

The man does not exist, he won't either, let it go and stop acting like Half Life 3 fans.

The name Dean Ambrose is now outlawed.

Mention of the name will be replaced with other names up to and including

Scott Steiner
Rick Steiner
Richard Dean Anderson
Steve "Mongo" McMichaels
Kassius Ohno
Michael Mcguillicutty

That is all

bYwEl.jpg

IT IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE DEAN AMBROSE WEEK.

The man does not exist, he won't either, let it go and stop acting like Half Life 3 fans.

The name Dean Ambrose is now outlawed.

Fine. It's now Jon Moxley week;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpmIpwld3c

#ThanksMick

Sunflower said:
Bootaaay! All my coworkers called in today and the manager is out - you've saved my workday! Thank you SenorLariato!

Awesome, enjoy - I really enjoyed both those main events, great stuff. 2000 era Michinoku Pro was a ton of fun.

Hulk_Up_1.jpg

you are out of Line Brother. G-fex watch your back because when the Dean Amboseholcs come for you

Dean Ambrose is the man of the people, the real voice of the voiceless. You should tread lightly.

986ee47e1d4606b5ac793d32ed068930.jpg

Anth0ny

guys... it's finally official.

- PWInsider confirms that there was a recent settlement between WWE and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) which allows WWE to use their old WWF logo on footage. WWE made some kind of payment to the World Wildlife Fund. WWE is allowed to use the WWF logo and say WWF over footage as long as it is old footage. For example, WWE couldn't have a Legend come out on RAW next week, cut a promo and talk about how he used to hold the WWF Title and wrestle on WWF pay-per-views.

ivxudsyyaatvkfeu91.gif

inb4 wwe re-releases all their Wrestlemania/Summerslam/Survivor Series anthology sets with the unblurred logo.

inb4 I buy them all

Bowser

In related news, WZ has been told that the addition of Kevin Rudolf's musical performance on the show will make it highly unlikely that both Damien Sandow vs Brodus Clay and Cody Rhodes vs Sin Cara will take place.

wut :|

CHIKARA Grand Championship Match signed for the 2nd Night of King of Trios on Saturday, September 15th in Easton, PA;

iEI9GcQmlzQXX.jpg

Tadasuke from Osaka Pro returns to CHIKARA for the first time since he won last year's Young Lion's Cup. Should hopefully be a good, hard-hitting match.

Hot damn this will be great. I was bummed Tadasuke was injured after winning the Young Lions Cup and couldn't make any defenses state side, but this match with Kingston will more then make up for it. These two are going to kill each other.

BillRiccio said:
Hot damn this will be great. I was bummed Tadasuke was injured after winning the Young Lions Cup and couldn't make any defenses state side, but this match with Kingston will more then make up for it. These two are going to kill each other.

Yeah, it should be a pretty brutal match - I haven't seen much of Tadasuke in singles, so it'll be good to see him square off against King.

Some potential spoilers about a team that likely won't make it to the third night of King of Trios;

The Extreme Trio will go out on night 1 or 2, as Jerry Lynn is booked to face RD Evans for ACW on night 3

Also, I forgot to mention that Quack hinted on twitter that SMV may pull their 24hr DVD magic for the King of Trios - if they can get each day up 24hrs after the shw, and in MP4 download or VOD, god-damn!

jmdajr

Not enough, they also need the original entrance music and unedited commentary.

Triple H had the greatest intro of all time at Wrestlemania 27, and I can't watch it in 1080p BluRay glory with the might Metallica blasting me away.

I sad :'( Life is sometimes, not fair.

OH YES

Brock Lesnar vs. Leviathan
Ohio Valley Wrestling 28th September, 2001
This reminds of the story from Batista's book where he was told to buy a suit so he splashed out most his money on his swanky new duds only to find out he needed the suit to tear the sleeves off for a Leviathan promo scene.

http://i.imgur.com/bYwEl.jpg[IMG]

[B]IT IS NOT AND WILL NOT BE DEAN AMBROSE WEEK.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

Remember when I said G-Fex will ban the wrestlers you all like? well look who had him pegged correctly once again!
O.W.L Initiative, by not backing this you've only screwed yourselves.

Sokantish

Don't worry, Nocturnowl. We all know G-Fex doesn't have any actual power.

It is still Dean Ambrose week. You cannot stop Dean Ambrose(unless you're the WWE). He will soon realize this.

Yeah, it should be a pretty brutal match - I haven't seen much of Tadasuke in singles, so it'll be good to see him square off against King.
\
Also, I forgot to mention that Quack hinted on twitter that SMV may pull their 24hr DVD magic for the King of Trios - if they can get each day up 24hrs after the shw, and in MP4 download or VOD, god-damn!

that sounds great if they get each night up so fast. Pulling for the 3 faces of pain even though its probably going to be one of the swarm teams

G-Fex

This reminds of the story from Batista's book where he was told to buy a suit so he splashed out most his money on his swanky new duds only to find out he needed the suit to tear the sleeves off for a Leviathan promo scene.

Remember when I said G-Fex will ban the wrestlers you all like? well look who had him pegged correctly once again!
O.W.L Initiative, by not backing this you've only screwed yourselves.

That's right owl.

And there's NADA YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

I'm declairing it......

BILLY KIDMAN WEEK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2L16awGFj8

WWE's Top 50 Villains;

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/top-50-wrestling-villains/

50. Batista
49. Randy Savage
48. Vickie Guerrero
47. Mark Henry
46. Iron Sheik
45. Andre the Giant
44. Eric Bischoff
43. Eddie Guerrero
42. Brock Lesnar
41. Kane
40. Don Muraco
39. The Dudley Boyz
38. CM Punk
37. Ernie Ladd
36. Ivan Koloff
35. Paul Heyman
34. Abdullah the Butcher
33. Terry Funk
32. Randy Orton
31. Kevin Sullivan
30. Jerry Lawler
29. Raven
28. The Fabulous Moolah
27. Paul Orndorff
26. Nick Bockwinkel
25. Vader
24. Harley Race
23. Sgt. Slaughter
22. The Undertaker
21. Freddie Blassie
20. Edge
19. Jim Cornette
18. Killer Kowalski
17. Mr. Perfect
16. Sherri Martel
15. Chris Jericho
14. The Original Sheik
13. The Fabulous Freebirds
12. JBL
11. Rick Rude
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Gorgeous George
Bobby Heenan
'Superstar' Billy Graham
Triple H
'Hollywood' Hogan
'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Mr. McMahon
Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

slightconfuse said:
that sounds great if they get each night up so fast. Pulling for the 3 faces of pain even though its probably going to be one of the swarm teams

I don't know, I still can't see a Swarm/Colony team winning unless someone turns heel/face. I'm backing the Spectral Envoy this year.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WWE's Top 50 Villains;

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/top-50-wrestling-villains/

50. Batista
49. Randy Savage
48. Vickie Guerrero
47. Mark Henry
46. Iron Sheik
45. Andre the Giant
44. Eric Bischoff
43. Eddie Guerrero
42. Brock Lesnar
41. Kane
40. Don Muraco
39. The Dudley Boyz
38. CM Punk
37. Ernie Ladd
36. Ivan Koloff
35. Paul Heyman
34. Abdullah the Butcher
33. Terry Funk
32. Randy Orton
31. Kevin Sullivan
30. Jerry Lawler
29. Raven
28. The Fabulous Moolah
27. Paul Orndorff
26. Nick Bockwinkel
25. Vader
24. Harley Race
23. Sgt. Slaughter
22. The Undertaker
21. Freddie Blassie
20. Edge
19. Jim Cornette
18. Killer Kowalski
17. Mr. Perfect
16. Sherri Martel
15. Chris Jericho
14. The Original Sheik
13. The Fabulous Freebirds
12. JBL
11. Rick Rude
Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
Gorgeous George
Bobby Heenan
'Superstar' Billy Graham
Triple H
'Hollywood' Hogan
'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Mr. McMahon
Ric Flair & The Four Horsemen
'Rowdy' Roddy Piper

I don't know, I still can't see a Swarm/Colony team winning unless someone turns heel/face. I'm backing the Spectral Envoy this year.

This list makes no fucking sense.

Top Bottom