• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Sokantish

DM, do you know how great it would be if Brock beat down his door and broke his other arm? You shouldn't build up people's hopes like that

I don't expect much of a response mainly because it's such a hard question, but...

Which wrestling family was more important over the history of wrestling? The Hart Family or the Von Erichs? It really is a tough question, and there really may be no answer, not definitively. Both made huge inroads when it came to talent... while the Harts had technicians and more of a mental game, the Von Erichs had unbelievable charisma and physiques, truly athletically gifted.

Your thoughts?

Hart family easily, but it's not really a fair question. When you say "more important over the history of wrestling?" then Stu Hart alone is one of the most important people in wrestling history and has had more of an impact than all but a handful of men and is likely more significant than the entire Von Erich clan and his own sons combined.

Then you have to consider that Von Erich family really didn’t leave the sort of dynasty behind that the Harts did. When you talk about the importance of the Harts you have to consider every single man who trained in the dungeon or made a name on Stampede Wrestling. Even today, Lance Storm is running a school built on the principles laid out by the Harts and that too contributes to their legacy. And if we really want to split hairs, Fritz Von Erich himself was trained by Stu Hart and so the Von Erichs indirectly add to his legend.

EDIT: Just double checked that last fact as I was only semi-sure it was true, turns out Stu even gave the Von Erichs their name.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of good replies about Von Erichs/Hart families. I would like to point out that the McMahon/Levesque family isn't even close, though!

Sokantish

Yeah I liked the recaps where they made the super loud breaking noise to really show how much he broke that arm, they're so silly

I'm rooting for you, Keyser.

Sokantish

Yeah it's kind of crazy that there's 3 versions of triple H, but at least they're actually all pretty different.

I don't know why they'd include the Hunter Hearst Helmsley one though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it's kind of crazy that there's 3 versions of triple H, but at least they're actually all pretty different.

I don't know why they'd include the Hunter Hearst Helmsley one though

That's the best HHH

jmdajr

They should make a proper WCW vs WWE game.

Dx vs Nwo, Sting vs Taker, Stone Cold vs Goldberg... and all that jazz.

I would also select Triple H and pedigree the entire WCW/NWO roster.

6 Man Tag matches between team HHHs and Team Mick Foleys are gonna be awesome
They'll probably be spoilsports like in SD Vs Raw 2011 and only allow you to use one of each wrestler variation per match.
Though the Royal Rumble could bypass this in that game and the dream of Cena versus DLC Purple Shirt Cena became a reality along with Taker and Biker Taker.

It's all about 2003 slightly injured HHH who refuses to give up the title and take time off so he wears some weird trunks that go down to his knees.

Punk is a good guy, it's just the first time in a year that they've pointed him in the right direction.

I really don't believe he has been suffering from a need to be heel, he just needs storyline motivations that have been sadly lacking between Summerslam 2011 - Money in the Bank 2012

Laserfrog

raw2ness460a.jpg

Press A to Triple H.

Kinda odd era. No facial hair, multi-colored trunks...

Those Purple Trunks were the envy of the locker room I bet.
Something about clean shaven Trips perfectly fit the levels of cowardly heel douchery he was pulling off on a consistent basis at the time, this is the HHH that was so damn heel he managed to be hated by both marks AND smarks which is pretty impressive.

jmdajr

Those Purple Trunks were the envy of the locker room I bet.
Something about clean shaven Trips perfectly fit the levels of cowardly heel douchery he was pulling off on a consistent basis at the time, this is the HHH that was so damn heel he managed to be hated by both marks AND smarks which is pretty impressive.

Definitely owned that era of RAW.. well, until that Cena came along!
GRRR!

XenoRaven

I have this odd fear that now that Punk has like less than a week to pass Cena's title reign (And crack top 10? Not sure) AJ (Vince) will make a title match tonight on RAW and Cena will win. It would be the perfect swerve. Everyone thinks that because Punk won at the PPV, he's a lock to pass Cena.

The only thing keeping me from believing this will happen is that Punk would be in a title match on RAW against an actually threatening opponent.

Top Bottom