• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_m1z5jf3ug61r32mfd9u.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ravishing Rick Rude had one of the best liners
http://youtu.be/uEMrxa__a6E

Also was at both RAW and Nitro on the same evening..lol

http://youtu.be/_Bx3CT5oYlE
Rick Rude had the best everything. It's pretty hilarious if you think about the fact that Rick Rude as the IC champion heel draws more heat than any of WWE's top heels currently.

Of course, Rick Rude probably draws more heat than just about anyone in wrestling history. When he was WCW champion, he had to wait like 6 minutes before he could start a promo because the boo's were so loud and just kept going.

Also Kevin Nash said he had him roll joints for him and one time Rude had a freak out and Nash had to drive because Rude didn't want to go to the hospital or something.
I wish someone would throw a chair at his ass.

1215780_ovwcqb.gif

Fave 5
1: Buff Bagwell
2: Buff Daddy
3: Marcus Bagwell
4: Judy Bagwell's Baby Boy
5: The Handsome Stranger

UberTag

Still needs COO Triple H in a suit. And if old school Triple H and new school Triple H are still not D-X Triple H we'll need him as well.

Plus, we need early 90s WCW Jean-Paul Levesque so we can recreate that classic Starrcade match against Dancing Alex Wright.

I demand no less than 6 playable Hunters.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still needs COO Triple H in a suit. And if old school Triple H and new school Triple H are still not D-X Triple H we'll need him as well.

Plus, we need early 90s WCW Jean-Paul Levesque so we can recreate that classic Starrcade match against Dancing Alex Wright.

I demand no less than 6 playable Hunters.

DLC. And Triple H in a suit will be compatible with CM Punk

XenoRaven

So Cena basically came out and said if Punk doesn't challenge HIM and put his title on the line that his championship doesn't mean anything? I don't hate Cena, but I sure do hate his character sometimes.

I don't really like this Punk angle and I think it's because of the writers. When Punk has the mic and can cut a real promo, I enjoy it. He explains why he feels disrespected and brings up great points that a lot of us here have complained about. When he's telling everyone to respect him and telling people to tell him how awesome he is I start to tune it out. It's not believable to me that a grown ass man thinks a good way to get respect is to go up to someone and say "HEY RESPECT ME". It seems juvenile to me. It also bugs me that Cena has to be the voice of reason/moral compass to come out and explain to Punk how he's going about getting respect the wrong way when anyone with half a brain can see that he's going about getting respect the wrong way.

UberTag

I really thought Kane was going to bury the hatchet with Ryder. Bryan keeps messing with the Kane cycle.
You were expecting them to form a wacky tag team ala Kane-Hurricane, Kane-RVD & Kane-X Pac?
Kane could fistpump into the air as flames shoot out of the ring posts. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Came to post everything was dumb on Raw cept Bork, D-Bry and Kaitlyn (whoo!)

katlhaters.gif

....... then I saw Lex Luger pic and W T F

Now I feel bad, me and my friend in the old school days made fun of him (WCW) so much. Everything he inadvertently did became legend comedy gold to us.

From his grunts while being punched, to high as tapped ribs, to WEEEEEEEEE HAD A TAAAAAAAAG the man is a comic genius.

lexlugerlol.jpg

Still no Wade Barrett, man it's getting hard to care. This heel Punk is worse than the face Punk you all hated. That final promo was so long and boring, I do not respect the hell out of it.

Hey guys.
I'M MARKING OUT BRO!
If only I stayed up an hour longer, I awaited a Barrett return but instead got the Playa.

BTW guys, I think I'm done with wrestling after tonight. Honestly, it just comes down to a few reasons.

The total ruining of AJ's character.
The entire show being about HHH.
King is a horrendous commentator that I can't listen to anymore.
The insane amount of filler matches, characters, segments.
Recaps.
The in show ads.

I've been watching nonstop since 1997, but I think this is it.
I've been swerved, DAMMIT NOT THIS WAY!
Though the show has gone down the pan, the reasons are legit.

Tell Owl, I love him.
I love ya pops

There are always alternatives, SoulPlaya - perhaps you could switch your love of supernatural wrestlers from the ailing, poorly booked Kane, to the most devious wrestler of all...

iZMirIfa30AxV.jpg

You guys should really take a break and see what else you can do with your time outside of this stuff. You'll be amazed at how much more fun you could be having.

You guys should really stop putting yourselves through 3-hours of shit on Monday nights and see what else the wider world of wrestling beyond Vince's fucked up WWE Universe™ has to offer. You'll be amazed at how much more fun you could be having.

Laserfrog

I'm going finally finish watching Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, got up to the mask vs hair match I think. Also I didn't watch RAW so I feel peace within myself.

YES!

Courtesy of IVPvideos.com the free download this week is Day 3 of the 2012 New Japan G1 Climax Tournament;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8790

GET IN!!!

Laserfrog said:
I'm going finally finish watching Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur, got up to the mask vs hair match I think. Also I didn't watch RAW so I feel peace within myself.

That match was a ton of fun, 2nd best of the show after the main event, imo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys should really stop putting yourselves through 3-hours of shit on Monday nights and see what else the wider world of wrestling beyond Vince's fucked up WWE Universe™ has to offer. You'll be amazed at how much more fun you could be having.

But finding alternatives to WWE is just being a hipster, afterall.

G-Fex

I am inadvertingly taking a break from wrestling seeing as how my new work schedule is, I won't be able to watch Raw, Impact, Smackdown, Nitro, Thunder, Saturday Night Main Event, Superstars, Saturday Morning Slam, Hulk Hogan's Rock N Roll wrestling.

Poster for ROH - Death Before Dishonor X: State of Emergency, live from Chicago Ridge, IL and worldwide via iPPV on Saturday, September 15th;

iPCq6KM3RAJ08.jpg

ROH World Championship Match
Kevin Steen (c) vs Rhino

Plus, New ROH Tag Team Champions will be crowned!

Also signed to appear;

• Current ROH World Television Champion Adam Cole
  • Mark & Jay Briscoe
  • Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
  • “Unbreakable” Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
  • Jay Lethal
  • Steve Corino
  • “Zombie Princess” Jimmy Jacobs
  • Kyle O’Reilly
  • "Notorious" 187 Homicide
  • "No Fear" Mike Mondo
  • Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
  • Plus, ACH makes his ROH Debut

But finding alternatives to WWE is just being a hipster, afterall.

Apparently so - oh well, off I go to watch some obscure Japanese women's wrestling.

Kyoufu

Still no Wade Barrett, man it's getting hard to care. This heel Punk is worse than the face Punk you all hated. That final promo was so long and boring, I do not respect the hell out of it.

I liked it because he was telling the truth.

Cena's promo was actually pretty decent too and got me hyped for NoC already.

Lawler sucks though. Was hoping he'd eat a GTS.

jmdajr

Oh hey we are doing a new fav 5? Well mine hardly ever changes.

1)The Game
2)Triple H
3)The Cerebral assassin
4)The King of Kings
5) Hunter Hearst Helmsley

honorable mention - COO

Obviously it's a difficult time for me right now with the passing of Triple H.
I guess I have to root for like... I don't.. someone else.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. First off, good morning. Secondly, I've opened the floodgates - vote for your Fave Five for August, to show in the September OT (assuming whoever makes it will want the results in the Sept OT) - here's the point readout and how it'll calculate. It's not rocket science.

Fave Five:
#1: 10 points
#2: 7 points
#3: 5 points
#4: 3 points
#5: 1 point

Just fill out this form and I will calculate everything - unless it does it automatically, which is bitchin'! Just put names, no need for a long writeup. This is the start of a new era in Wrasslegaf, we're GAFACTIVE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&formkey=dFpnQUdoQWVTQ2s3cEFNMkVPRGxfM0E6MQ

jmdajr

Summerslam was a great surprise for me yesterday. I doubt anyone remembers this but in Feb when they came to San Diego I got to go to the show for free and hang out with Del Rio after the show because my cousin is good friends with him.

Well same cousin called me up yesterday morning and said he had an extra ticket if I wanted to go. Of course I said yes we drove up to LA for the event.

Tix.jpg

Got to Staples ( my first time going there) was really impressed with the size of it compared to the Sports Arena in San Diego. LA just tends to do everything bigger and better in that sense.

Ring.jpg

The view from our seats, the crowd was pretty hot overall and pretty smarky. ( Kobe Bryant chant when the Prime Time Players were wrestling) Our whole section was family members of wrestlers we had Titus O'neil's family right in front of us and some of C.M Punks either friends or family directly behind us. There was a pretty funny and awkward moment for me when Punk was celebrating and jumped up on the guard rail and was signaling to the person right behind me and I totally thought it was for me. *shame*

As great as all that was the best part was having dinner with Alberto and his family after the show. ( No Ricardo Rodriguez this time which is too bad cause the guy is hilarious and just goes on and on about the other wrestlers ) We went to a Korean BBQ place in Little Tokyo which was fantastic. Del Rio remembered me from the bar in Feb and was super cool and totally down to earth. I was really surprised how cool and candid it all was. ( He even apologized about the seats he got us saying they weren't that great. I was like no way those are easily the best seats ive ever had, guess they were sold out and he had to go to Vince personally to get them)

His little boy is a total Kane mark which was really funny as he kept imitating him and playing the theme song off Alberto's phone. Heard some really cool stories and talked all kinds of wrestling and even football ( soccer ) with him. Had a really REALLY great time.

Meant to comment on this yesterday. Pretty sweet story man! Sounds like it was an awesome time.

Did you get to take a spin in Del Rio's car? :) By asking permission obviously. Not like that fella Sheamus.

Aiii

So not worth it
Meant to comment on this yesterday. Pretty sweet story man! Sounds like it was an awesome time.

Did you get to take a spin in Del Rio's car? :) By asking permission obviously. Not like that fella Sheamus.

Del Rio clearly doesn't own any of these cars. Do you not pay attention when JEEEEERRRRN CEEEEENNAAAAA is talking jmdajr?

somedevil

Not sure if posted by Steve Austin will wrestle one final match for wrestlemania but it won't be until 2014 because he is not ready yet and he wants it to be the main event.

jmdajr

Del Rio clearly doesn't own any of these cars. Do you not pay attention when JEEEEERRRRN CEEEEENNAAAAA is talking jmdajr?

Hey Del Rio just doesn't have the time! Heck I don't know one thing about the engine in my fucking car.
2.4-liter 2AZ-FE I4 engine
To him they are just gadgets, and he gets el geek squad to fix em.

Ok, so after that Cena promo last night, he basically said if Punk doesn't beat him at NoC than he's a joke and his title run was meaningless.

So, after Punk loses to Cena at NoC we can all stop watching WWE television, right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so after that Cena promo last night, he basically said if Punk doesn't beat him at NoC than he's a joke and his title run was meaningless.

So, after Punk loses to Cena at NoC we can all stop watching WWE television, right?

Of COURSE we will stop.

Bootaaay and Co. in here show us enough alternatives to WWE. We can be happy with those.

On the real though, the reason why WWE gets so much attention here is because it IS the most popular, and easy to pick at.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Not sure if posted by Steve Austin will wrestle one final match for wrestlemania but it won't be until 2014 because he is not ready yet and he wants it to be the main event.

Get JR to call the match, PLEASE!

"STONE COLD! STONE COLD! BAH GAWD ALMIGHTY!"

jmdajr

Lol, nobody is going to quit watching.
People said they would quit when Daniel Bryan lost at Wrestlemania in 15 seconds.
Result, people still watching and more entertained then ever before by D-Bry.
And even those that supposedly skip it still catch up on Youtube, read about it, and come here ask about it. Basically they can't live without it. It's true.

But if people legitimately leave now that Trips is gone, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND.

Aiii

So not worth it
I see no reason to stop. The product isn't anywhere near at its worst compared to some of the years in the late 00's.

Last night's Raw was fine as well, it's just that 3 hours drags to effing long, but that's about it. Other then that it was an acceptable show.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I see no reason to stop. The product isn't anywhere near at its worst compared to some of the years in the late 00's.

Last night's Raw was fine as well, it's just that 3 hours drags to effing long, but that's about it. Other then that it was an acceptable show.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that 3 hours was a bad idea.

They are using their time more effectively with... ya know, wrestling. They're just using it as more time to push social media crap.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wade seems to be coming back as a face.

Right now I'm afraid Ziggler will cash in at NotC and lose the title within two months to Wade actually.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What did i tell yall.

Wait, wait... But Novid, Saban wasnt going to change the product! Vince said he would CHANGE!?

Well guess what. Saban's Money is more important (to help John Cena of course) than the future of the Brand. AJ has become K-On Gimmick, Punk is nowhere near his promise. D-Bry is Benoit without all the baggage (that isnt a good thing) Sandow has something but that something might soon turn into Nothing, they Ruin'd A-Train after his success in Japan The women's division is near death, the tag's as much as HHH wants them to be bigger are not working...

So what you gonna see after August 25? The deathnell of the brand. Period. You can thank Saban and his BILLIONS. Nobody belived me in the Gaf-Hop board that Nicky (cant call her the C-WORD no more) Minaj was not infuenced by Biggie, Pac and Weezy - but is a damn fucking Eroge Cosplayer trying to get Gaga props - until the recent adverts. Nobody believed me, when i told folks that Vita was going to have problems...welp... And now, you seeing the effect of what Saban and his Political connections can do.

But that will be it for this brand. TNA will have its 15th annversery, as the biggest US wresling company. WWE will nowhere to be found.

SING THE MOTHERFUCKING DOOM SONG!

http://youtu.be/fqcn_TPu4qQ

IN DUBSTEP

http://youtu.be/Bmy58HhKMtc

HELL FUCK IT, GET MIZZAINS THEME - THE ONLY GOOD ONE JIM JOHNSON HAS LEFT HERE!

http://youtu.be/PUVJvA2Jctw

Say good fucking bye to the good old days, time to pray,

because WE ARE DOOOMED!

Okay, wait...I know I'm late here, but I just read this.

What the hell man. Seriously. What the hell. I just....what?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay, wait...I know I'm late here, but I just read this.

What the hell man. Seriously. What the hell. I just....what?
I understood his post from "AJ has become K-On Gimmick" but I can't connect the earlier bit. From what I understand Haim Saban of Saban Entertainment ruined anime or something, he is also extremely rich.

Top Bottom