• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Aiii

So not worth it
I understood his post from "AJ has become K-On Gimmick" but I can't connect the earlier bit.

From what I'm reading it's like he's saying Bryan should murder his family. Because apparently that's a good thing.

I must be misunderstanding this though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reminder for new page - make sure you vote in Wrasslegaf's first FAVE FIVE MONTHLY

Hey guys. First off, good morning. Secondly, I've opened the floodgates - vote for your Fave Five for August, to show in the September OT (assuming whoever makes it will want the results in the Sept OT) - here's the point readout and how it'll calculate. It's not rocket science.

Fave Five:
#1: 10 points
#2: 7 points
#3: 5 points
#4: 3 points
#5: 1 point

Just fill out this form and I will calculate everything - unless it does it automatically, which is bitchin'! Just put names, no need for a long writeup. This is the start of a new era in Wrasslegaf, we're GAFACTIVE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&formkey=dFpnQUdoQWVTQ2s3cEFNMkVPRGxfM0E6MQ

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Okay, wait...I know I'm late here, but I just read this.

What the hell man. Seriously. What the hell. I just....what?
I understood his post from "AJ has become K-On Gimmick" but I can't connect the earlier bit. From what I understand Haim Saban of Saban Entertainment ruined anime or something, he is also extremely rich.
From what I'm reading it's like he's saying Bryan should murder his family. Because apparently that's a good thing.

I must be misunderstanding this though.
Okay, I've done some further digging into this:
Furthering its commitment to kid-friendly entertainment, WWE is launching a new, weekly half-hour series, WWE Saturday Morning Slam, which will premiere on Saban Brands’ new Vortexx block on The CW.

The new series will bow in the 10 a.m. time slot when Vortexx officially launches on Saturday, August 25. Featuring in-ring action, WWE superstar profiles, behind-the-scenes footage, an exclusive WWE match every week, and highlights from WWE’s Be a STAR anti-bullying campaign, WWE Saturday Morning Slam marks the first time since 2001 that WWE will have a program in a kids’ time slot.

I guess Novid thinks this will affect creative decisions at the WWE.

jmdajr

Reminder for new page - make sure you vote in Wrasslegaf's first FAVE FIVE MONTHLY

Hey guys. First off, good morning. Secondly, I've opened the floodgates - vote for your Fave Five for August, to show in the September OT (assuming whoever makes it will want the results in the Sept OT) - here's the point readout and how it'll calculate. It's not rocket science.

Fave Five:

Just fill out this form and I will calculate everything - unless it does it automatically, which is bitchin'! Just put names, no need for a long writeup. This is the start of a new era in Wrasslegaf, we're GAFACTIVE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ue&formkey=dFpnQUdoQWVTQ2s3cEFNMkVPRGxfM0E6MQ

So if I have Triple H on all five spots, how many points does that qualify for?

Aiii

So not worth it
How long was Raw's overrun btw? Noticed the rip has an extra 9 minutes compared to last week. 3 hours and they still need an overrun :lol:

Striker

Rick Rude had the best everything. It's pretty hilarious if you think about the fact that Rick Rude as the IC champion heel draws more heat than any of WWE's top heels currently.

Of course, Rick Rude probably draws more heat than just about anyone in wrestling history. When he was WCW champion, he had to wait like 6 minutes before he could start a promo because the boo's were so loud and just kept going.
Rude was fantastic. One of the more underappreciated guys in wrestling's history, I think. As for the drawing heat thing, well - aside from Muhammad Hassan, who else drew as much heat as Rude, or even some of the lesser known guys then? There hasn't been that for well over ten years. Edge was one of the better guys to gauge this, but it's a small list.

As for RAW, catching up on Youtube as I usually do if I'm not too tired.

- I love Paul. Hopefully he stays some after, or when, Lesnar departs.
- Decent six man; sucks they've done nothing with Cody since losing his IC title
- AJ is still terrible.
- This Kardashian shit lol.
- Not a bad Del Rio-Orton match; lol the ending, they have the #1 WHC contender lose to a guy coming off suspension. GG WWE
- A Ryder appearance on Raw, seems rare anymore.
- Kaitlyn push? She's good looking at least. Nattie-Tamina were nice to watch, but they never do anything with the good ones, so oh well.
- Bring in Barrett already, pls.
- Sending Bryan to anger management. Perfect time to debut Dean Ambrose.
- Real nice match between Zigs and Jericho.
- Annnnd this Punk-Cena (and... Lawler?) feud is turrible. Done.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Fave Five:

Oh, just noticed this.

Aiii

So not worth it
Punk-Cena terrible?

Are you serious? Last night was the first Cena promo since february that was actually good.

Punk getting heat via Lawler was logical. You need someone the crowd is behind to get them to boo Punk. It's not like you could have him do it to Kane and expect him to get boo'd out of the building. And definatly not Cena, he would get cheered as much as boo'd if he did that. I thought Lawler was a fine choice for this.

Striker

Punk-Cena terrible?

Are you serious? Last night was the first Cena promo since february that was actually good.

Punk getting heat via Lawler was logical. You need someone the crowd is behind to get them to boo Punk. It's not like you could have him do it to Kane and expect him to get boo'd out of the building. And definatly not Cena, he would get cheered as much as boo'd if he did that. I thought Lawler was a fine choice for this.
Because this entire charade is about RESPEK!

It's tiresome, and overdone already.

Aiii

So not worth it
OH MY GOD YOU ARE RIGHT.

Actually, it's about Punk demanding respect, getting told off by Cena, then getting told off by Lawler and snapping. It was well done.

Poster for ROH - Death Before Dishonor X: State of Emergency, live from Chicago Ridge, IL and worldwide via iPPV on Saturday, September 15th;

iPCq6KM3RAJ08.jpg

Wow, that guy on the right really looks like Rhino-

ROH World Championship Match
Kevin Steen (c) vs Rhino

HOLY SHIT HE LOST WEIGHT

jmdajr

Punk-Cena terrible?

Yup that was a very solid promo. People here said Punk should have come back with all sorts of stuff, but you need to build feuds without having to resort to shoot crap. That goes for everyone.
Yeah it's exciting here and there but it's almost a copout. Cena is guilty of that too, but last night he didn't go there either. Hopefully Punk can keep it going strong within the confines of the storyline.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Observer, came out late due to a PPV weekend.

First and foremost, SoulPlaya is back at Wrasslegaf. He showed up at Raw last night, and is unfortunately planning on bringing back his Kane gimmick. Backstage sources say he's not completely decided, but if he does go that route, it will mean definite ratings suicide for Wrasslegaf. More news regarding Wrasslegaf's rating drops below.

BoboBrazil is still missing, and calls to his agent have been unreturned. Also, A Pretty Panda has been removed from the GAF roster, as has GaimeGuy. Here's hoping their no-compete clause expires soon, as GAF is definitely feeling the sting of the ratings loss.

In a related note, Sunflower issued an open challenge to all comers for Avatar Change in Super Street Fighter IV. The mere mention of a fighting game had GAF erupt in a brief but bloody civil war, with all sides eventually submitting to Bootaaay's decision on Last Blade 2 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike. Professor Beef and a few others have picked up the gauntlet regarding Sunflower's open challenge, but no progress has been seen. Some have even taken to whispering backstage about Sunflower being a chicken. We'll have more on this as it develops.

Seraphis Cain has had an unusual amount of attention called to him when he started asking about trying to find gifs of Brock Lesnar eating crackers. Nobody really knows why he has that fixation on crackers and Brock Lesnar, but most people know enough not to press the issue. "That's just Seraphis being Seraphis" said a Gaffer. "You can't stop him. Best to leave him be." We'll have more if this weird fixation persists.

Wrasslegaffer Ryck was in attendance at Summerslam - he noted that "Triple H kind of looks like a bitch in person" and that "Damien Sandow has the softest beard I've ever touched. Maybe softer than pubes." Ryck was unavailable for comment, but posted photo evidence.

Bootaaay, in his role as Humanitarian Ambassador for Wrasslegaf, has notified everyone of Day 3 of the New Japan G1 Climax Tournament is free on IPV Video. His link is here: http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8790 - Bootaaay has been fitting into his role as Ambassador extremely well, and it is said some bonuses are in the works for his dedicated work. A source says Bootaaay is "the Arn Anderson of the behind the scenes that make Gaf what it is" - but declined to elaborate.

G-Fex has taken on a reduced role as GM of the August OT thread. Others have tried to step up to take over some of the responsibilities, but most say that his lighter presence has affected Wrasslegaf negatively. The future of G-Fex is unknown, ever since the company-wide edict to never mention KOG backfired. What does this mean? Nobody backstage is talking.

Laserfrog has been running a series of simulations with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2 and they have shown to be fairly accurate with over a 50% success rate. Laserfrog also released his short film focusing on the life of J.R., who was tragically killed by a car bomb as he was on his way to eat some "good honest food." Critical reception is positive, and the word is that everyone is looking forward to what Laserfrog has to give next. Aiii was quoted as saying "That's hilarious!" When pressed for more comments, Aiii turned away to an AJ centerfold and ignored our questions.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And you guys wonder why I think I would be banned for posting elsewhere :p

McNei1y

- Not a bad Del Rio-Orton match; lol the ending, they have the #1 WHC contender lose to a guy coming off suspension. GG WWE

Yeah I don't understand this. I get the fact that Orton is one of their top guys but two weeks in a row where he's beaten someone who was the #1 Contender for a belt. Big Show last week and now ADR. Just give him a feud already.

G-Fex

That thread is a death pit.

I AM NOT MINOR GM SUNFLOWER

I AM AS RELEVENT AS I EVER WAS.

I NEVER BROKE THE LAW, I AM THE LAW.

Entropia

No One Remembers
GAF Observer, came out late due to a PPV weekend.

First and foremost, SoulPlaya is back at Wrasslegaf. He showed up at Raw last night, and is unfortunately planning on bringing back his Kane gimmick. Backstage sources say he's not completely decided, but if he does go that route, it will mean definite ratings suicide for Wrasslegaf. More news regarding Wrasslegaf's rating drops below.

BoboBrazil is still missing, and calls to his agent have been unreturned. Also, A Pretty Panda has been removed from the GAF roster, as has GaimeGuy. Here's hoping their no-compete clause expires soon, as GAF is definitely feeling the sting of the ratings loss.

In a related note, Sunflower issued an open challenge to all comers for Avatar Change in Super Street Fighter IV. The mere mention of a fighting game had GAF erupt in a brief but bloody civil war, with all sides eventually submitting to Bootaaay's decision on Last Blade 2 and Street Fighter III: Third Strike. Professor Beef and a few others have picked up the gauntlet regarding Sunflower's open challenge, but no progress has been seen. Some have even taken to whispering backstage about Sunflower being a chicken. We'll have more on this as it develops.

Seraphis Cain has had an unusual amount of attention called to him when he started asking about trying to find gifs of Brock Lesnar eating crackers. Nobody really knows why he has that fixation on crackers and Brock Lesnar, but most people know enough not to press the issue. "That's just Seraphis being Seraphis" said a Gaffer. "You can't stop him. Best to leave him be." We'll have more if this weird fixation persists.

Wrasslegaffer Ryck was in attendance at Summerslam - he noted that "Triple H kind of looks like a bitch in person" and that "Damien Sandow has the softest beard I've ever touched. Maybe softer than pubes." Ryck was unavailable for comment, but posted photo evidence.

Bootaaay, in his role as Humanitarian Ambassador for Wrasslegaf, has notified everyone of Day 3 of the New Japan G1 Climax Tournament is free on IPV Video. His link is here: http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8790 - Bootaaay has been fitting into his role as Ambassador extremely well, and it is said some bonuses are in the works for his dedicated work. A source says Bootaaay is "the Arn Anderson of the behind the scenes that make Gaf what it is" - but declined to elaborate.

G-Fex has taken on a reduced role as GM of the August OT thread. Others have tried to step up to take over some of the responsibilities, but most say that his lighter presence has affected Wrasslegaf negatively. The future of G-Fex is unknown, ever since the company-wide edict to never mention KOG backfired. What does this mean? Nobody backstage is talking.

Laserfrog has been running a series of simulations with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for the PS2 and they have shown to be fairly accurate with over a 50% success rate. Laserfrog also released his short film focusing on the life of J.R., who was tragically killed by a car bomb as he was on his way to eat some "good honest food." Critical reception is positive, and the word is that everyone is looking forward to what Laserfrog has to give next. Aiii was quoted as saying "That's hilarious!" When pressed for more comments, Aiii turned away to an AJ centerfold and ignored our questions.

I love these.

Kaladin

As self proclaimed GM of the September thread, I am thinking of three possible titles:

King of Trios Themed:
September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs The World

Dean Ambrose Week Themed:
September Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose will be released before Half Life 3

or....

September Wrasslin |OT| Oh my god, you broke his arm!

G-Fex

As self proclaimed GM of the September thread, I am thinking of three possible titles:

King of Trios Themed:

or....

go with the King of Trios one.

BTW, I'll do everything I can to sabotage your thread ;)

Re: A Pretty Panda,

Shit is going down or has gone down somewhere in OT.

I can only pin it down two threads atm one of which is locked:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487831

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487825

Also this thread could've been something but OP got banned:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487857

I really can't believe those bans just for people saying masturbate. How much more PC can this forum possibly get? I love it but is there no limit to this? We're 90% dudes here so people are going to make jerking off jokes, it's natural. Panda was growing on me too. Hello btw. I won't be on as much but once in a while.

Sokantish

go with the King of Trios one.

BTW, I'll do everything I can to sabotage your thread ;)

You already do that with your own threads

King of Trios Themed:

or....

You know the only choice should be Dean Ambrose

Top Bottom