• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

This might be old, WrassleGAF, but who do you think this is?
gx55k.jpg

Pitbull. Dale
Why does this look like Matt Hardy?

Khloe should become a wrestler, if she entered the 'diva division' her Chyna like charms could steal HHH away from Steph and in doing so, the whole company falls into ruins.

Daniel Bryan swoops in and cleans up the pieces.

WWE TITLE RUN BABY!

Jitters

I think the Punk/Kelly/Knox storyline was one of my all time favorites. Pretty much anything in WWECW was. Those were good times.

Davey Richards will make his return to ROH at Death Before Dishonor X and has requested time to address the crowd. God help us all. Please turn heel.

Also, Michael Elgin is the second entrant into this year's Survival of the Fittest tournament, joining ROH TV Champion Adam Cole. Elgin won last year's SotF, but has still yet to cash in the title match he earned as a result.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Panda is banned. Bobo is missing. What is going on with this community? Who else will talk about Bully Ray?

Yeah. But, we have hit gold. Read this thread from beginning to end. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

This is the kind of writing that the WWE SHOULD have.
"I bet Sin Cara is gorgeous under his mask, probably better looking than @CodyRhodesWWE. #RAW #KhloeWWE
See, if WWE wasn't so chickenshit, they could have Cody cut a great promo about this to get him heat with the crowd. Talk about how she's famous for doing nothing, and how she's the least attractive member of her family. Talk about how the fans like her because all she does is sit and complain and contributes nothing to society, like the rest of them.

Too bad they won't!

See, if WWE wasn't so chickenshit, they could have Cody cut a great promo about this to get him heat with the crowd. Talk about how she's famous for doing nothing, and how she's the least attractive member of her family. Talk about how the fans like her because all she does is sit and complain and contributes nothing to society, like the rest of them.

We've come to a very strange place when this would be considered a heel promo and kicking a child molester in the head is a bad thing.

G-Fex

I'm kinda glad I'm not watching wrestling when it comes on anymore but at the same time I wouldn't leave this thread for watching some fucking show on Showtime or some shit.

And I don't care about NFL gaf anymore cause I don't know what the fuck to say so I'll just not do or say anything and let Frankman make the dumb posts.

tm24

Im halfway done with my The best of Lucha post that's basically the Bootaaay equivalent of his puro video one. Its pretty hard finding good footage. I need to find my DVDDR top 20 DVD to see i can get better footage to find some vids of the classics. No idea if i should post it now or wait til the september thread

Kaladin

Im halfway done with my The best of Lucha post that's basically the Bootaaay equivalent of his puro video one. Its pretty hard finding good footage. I need to find my DVDDR top 20 DVD to see i can get better footage to find some vids of the classics. No idea if i should post it now or wait til the september thread

Wait till the September thread.

XenoRaven

All this quitting talk is sad. Considering the fact that it seems most of us pay $50-$60 or whatever crazy space money you European guys use for WWE PPVs every month, why not organize as a community and agree to watch an alternative every month? It doesn't have to be the same thing every month. One could be Chikara, then ROH, whatever. It would be cool to have the similar level of post frequency and discussion during an indie PPV. Plus it will be cheaper and probably less disappointing than watching a WWE show.

G-Fex

I think the only that'd make us feel better (well me at least)

watching old wrestling matches, classic ones.

Gosh I wish Stro was on.

Kaladin

All this quitting talk is sad. Considering the fact that it seems most of us pay $50-$60 or whatever crazy space money you European guys use for WWE PPVs every month, why not organize as a community and agree to watch an alternative every month? It doesn't have to be the same thing every month. One could be Chikara, then ROH, whatever. It would be cool to have the similar level of post frequency and discussion during an indie PPV. Plus it will be cheaper and probably less disappointing than watching a WWE show.

I'm not quitting, I'm just not watching WWE for a while.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Excited, but wait for September!

For the majority of this thread and its lurkers, it's WWE or nothing. Simple as that. Whether it's the unwillingness to try something new, or not wanting to put the "work" in to keep up with indys, or not wanting to actually pay to watch anything, or lower production values, or watching WWE out of nostalgia, etc. etc. Unless someone WANTS to be won over by a different company, they won't be, and most WWE only fans don't want to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Well, here's some food for thought.

I think Daniel Bryan and Marufuji are the current best wrestlers in the world. Not some shitty gimmick or tag line on a shirt, but the actual best wrestlers in the world.

Anth0ny

I think the only that'd make us feel better (well me at least)

watching old wrestling matches, classic ones.

Gosh I wish Stro was on.

Indeed.

Making my way through the Attitude Era, I just finished watching Fully Loaded 2000. One of the best PPVs I've ever seen. Quality matches and builds from the bottom to the top of the card. Rikishi vs. Val Venis in an awesome cage match, Taker vs. Angle, HHH vs. Jericho and Benoit vs. Rock. Even the womens division was starting to pick up steam, with a great feud between Lita and Trish. Sooooooo damn good.

It's on youtube, give it a watch.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Indeed.

Making my way through the Attitude Era, I just finished watching Fully Loaded 2000. One of the best PPVs I've ever seen. Quality matches and builds from the bottom to the top of the card. Rikishi vs. Val Venis in an awesome cage match, Taker vs. Angle, HHH vs. Jericho and Benoit vs. Rock. Even the womens division was starting to pick up steam, with a great feud between Lita and Trish. Sooooooo damn good.

What's the backstory on this one??

McNei1y

Indeed.

The main problem is, is that they play favorites now. I never would have known who would win those matches back then (aside from HHH maybe) but now it seems to be so obvious. The cool thing is that its Rikishi v Val Venis in a cage match. So awesome.

XenoRaven

What's the backstory on this one??
I'm gonna guess it was some sort of Right to Censor vs. Rikishi's giant ass in very revealing ring attire thing.

I agree on the classic stuff though. I would spend a lot of my free time watching a stream that constantly ran WWE PPVs chronologically from like 85 to 05 or something. That was until Vince got Justin.tv to take all those streams down. Ever since Perspicagfdaslf;hadsh linked the WMX7 highlight music video, I've been looking for an unedited copy of that for cheap in the area. I'm having trouble finding it so it looks like I might end up spending $60 for it used on eBay. It's amazing to me that WWE used to be a showcase for some of the best wrestling in the world. Now even the guys who are amazing get neutered.

Indeed.

MY MAN!
I sing this ppv's praises as often as I can. I consider it the best ppv of 2000, even better is that the backstage segments are genuinely great, Christian and his food poisoning, the mysterious gifts being sent to Stephanie, Benoit tearing up Rock's shirts and Angle being chased down by Taker.
All it's missing is a certain big red machine who chose one hell of a month to skip out on.

Rikishi does a body splash from the cage, that's all you need to know really.

Indeed.

I can't believe Rikishi did this

http://youtu.be/xHR36wY0e6c

We try and organize a CHIKARA watch party every month but it's always just me, djsandman, and bootaaay. With KOT next month though hopefully more people will be down for it.

tm24

We try and organize a CHIKARA watch party every month but it's always just me, djsandman, and bootaaay. With KOT next month though hopefully more people will be down for it.

We really should plan those out in advance instead of a 2 day notice like it usually happens

XenoRaven

I'm in for this month then. When is it? Maybe you guys already do this, but I think some sort of periodic reminder complete with a list of people in on the viewing party would be good. I could do that part if you wanted me to. I just need to know who's in.

Kaladin

A preview of things to come (I'm typing up the thread now):

qtBeu.jpg

I'm pretty sure I'll set the schedule for KOT in the OP. I think we'll be watching it the weekend after with Night 1 + Night 2 on Saturday and Night 3 on Sunday.

I'm in for this month then. When is it? Maybe you guys already do this, but I think some sort of periodic reminder complete with a list of people in on the viewing party would be good. I could do that part if you wanted me to. I just need to know who's in.

Now this is what I'm talking about! I think we should try and do the show with Del Rey vs Kingston that got released last week as a warm up for KOT next month. Would Saturday afternoon around 2pm est work for most of you?

Now this is what I'm talking about! I think we should try and do the show with Del Rey vs Kingston that got released last week as a warm up for KOT next month. Would Saturday afternoon around 2pm est work for most of you?

Smart Mark video is slow as fuck in delivering DVDs North of the border, so put me down as a maybe.

XenoRaven

I'm free then. There's a possibility something will come up, but I'm like 75% sure I'll be there.

Top Bottom