• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kaladin

3NWQr.jpg

Very good ending to the show tonight. TNA has had a lot of trouble with ending the show but tonight was good. Makes Aces and Eights look like more than brainless thugs. Very interested to see where they go with this.

Hardcore Justice looks to have some really good matches as well. Will be ordering for sure, especially since the last few PPV's have really been worth the money.

Kaladin

Good episode for Impact this week. Not as good as it has been, but still good. That opening tag match was great and the end was good too. I can't wait to see how this whole Aces and Eights thing plays out.

G-Fex

All that's left is for her to have the baby in the middle of the ring with AJ delivering, then to reveal herself as the leader of A's & 8's as they pummel AJ.

No dummy, the BABY IS THE LEADER OF THE ACES AND EIGHTS

ITS BEEN FORETOLD IN TNA HISTORY.

The Baby will drop kick AJ as soon as it comes out of the womb.

Then the baby will order the Aces and Eights to beat up the rest of the TNA superstars

Kaladin

I just started this Davey Richards Highspots shoot and he's a weird one. He was never a fan of pro wrestling and always saw WWF as "that funny stuff" on tv. He was more into amateur wrestling as a kid, like high school/college/Olympic style wrestling. He doesn't aspire to be Ric Flair or anybody like that and will likely never go to TNA or WWE.

Oh also, he still sees what he does as a sport.

Edgeward

So impact was good. The ending was a bit random and uneventful. I like how Angle wanted no part of it and was like fuck it, I'm tired.

Kaladin

Just finished the Davey Richards interview. He comes off as a bit arrogant and a bit of an ass. It seems like Davey should have been in MMA with his mindset towards wrestling. He's not interested in anything but being the best, doing the best and seeing guys like Kyle O'Reilly do their best. He also doesn't like when hard work isn't rewarded. Hard work in his mind being gym time, ect. He saw that in the way Ring of Honor handled Kevin Steen and it is one of the problems he has with the company. He also thinks Jim Cornette is outdated.

Oh, and he also called arm chair critics (like most of us in the IWC) cowards.

I still don't respect the guy after he walked out on a promoter after being paid.

I used to think Richards was alright, but the more time passes, and the more he overdoes most of his big matches, the more I don't like him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Davey has always been a tool who just rips off popular Japanese wrestlers. He's everything that's wrong with independent wrestling, and all he's doing is influencing other douchebags to get into it who are just like him. He's been terrible since he started in PWG and never learned a thing about psychology or storytelling. He also probably thinks Roger Ebert shouldn't review movies because he doesn't make them.

Saw this on PWTorch, but:

New Japan Pro Wrestling will make their Internet PPV debut available to viewers outside of Japan on Sunday, August 5. NJPW's G1 Climax show will feature former WWE wrestler MVP vs. Rush from CMLL, former WWE wrestler Shelton Benjamin vs. Karl "Machine Gun" Anderson, and Lance Archer (Lance Hoyt) vs. Tenzan. The event is scheduled for 16:30 Japan time Sunday evening, which translates to 3:30 a.m. EST/12:30 a.m. PST.

tumblr_m05woryvER1r5hsoxo1_400.gif

Helpful guide for ordering it. It'll be on Nico Nico. Heard the price is steep, though: $25.

Top Bottom