• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kaladin

We're all brogueskis

arRsO.jpg

from 411mania.com

As previously reported, WWE is currently working on a new WWE Championship belt that would replace the current "Spinner" belt. CM Punk previously confirmed that the belt would be debuting soon and could come as soon as Night of Champions.

Now, Orange County Choppers' Rick Petko has provided more information, posting to his Twitter account:

Annealing aluminum for a WWE Championship belt.

Oh no the new belt is going to have flames all over it!!!

XenoRaven

from 411mania.com

Oh no the new belt is going to have flames all over it!!!
Does this mean people are going to get in a fight over the design of the belt and then everyone will be stressed about getting it done before the deadline and then they'll get it done just in time?

G-Fex

Well I picked up SSFIV

and I bought the AE DLC for ps3

Took me a while and two gamestops but I did it.

Oh and I also traded in WWE 12, so NWA or WTF is truly truly dead.

Kaladin

If John Cena won the title again, what could WWE possibly do with him? I mean seriously....where could they go that they haven't with Cena as champ....or hell where could they go that they haven't with Cena at all?

Winning the belt again would be pointless for Cena......hell that should be the storyline. He actually wins the title again and it doesn't hold as much weight as it did before. The WWE Championship has lost all meaning to John Cena. Now that would be something.

Kyoufu

It's going to be a Ziggler belt design.

it'll have a pink buttcape that dangles when it's being held in the air.

If John Cena won the title again, what could WWE possibly do with him? I mean seriously....where could they go that they haven't with Cena as champ....or hell where could they go that they haven't with Cena at all?

Winning the belt again would be pointless for Cena......hell that should be the storyline. He actually wins the title again and it doesn't hold as much weight as it did before. The WWE Championship has lost all meaning to John Cena. Now that would be something.

That's pretty much the worst thing they could do. Would make the title meaningless for the company if their #1 star doesn't want it.

BIG GOLD BELT OR WINGED EAGLE, WHICH BELT IS BETS?
SORRY ABOUT CAPS LOCK POST, I PRESSED IT BY ACCIDENT WHEN I STARTED THEN THOUGHT IT MADE THIS LOOK COOL SO I DIDN'T TAKE IT OFF

Aiii

So not worth it
Best: William Regal and Damien Sandow hunt in the deserts of Africa

I waited for a solid 45-50 minutes in line at Axxess for a chance to meet Regal and Sandow and get a couple signatures. This tandem was amazing, but Sandow really sent it flying over the top. Every 10 minutes or so, the wrestlers would head off stage to take pictures with and sign autographs for folks who were handicapped. Class all around. Sandow however took leaving the stage as a good opportunity to remind those waiting in line that we should be hydrating ourselves regularly as the sun was bearing down on us. Damien also paused from one autograph to stand up and take a look at the Rise Above Hate rock climbing wall (…supplemental worst?) to ask one of the climbers, “Young man! Where are your parents? Get down from there! You’re going to hurt yourself!”

Far and away the greatest moment of Axxess for me though was finally meeting the two and before I could approach the table, Regal held up one finger and says, “Ah this, is quite a momentous occasion. Look at this.” He was holding a bit of a feather that broke away from Sandow’s quill pen, as Damien steps in… “These feathers are plucked from the extremely rare albino ostrich, which can only be found on the most remote parts of certain African deserts.” Quite literally dumbstruck I asked if the pen would still work if it was missing a part of the feather, and all I got back was a scowl and a “Yes, it’s a pen, not a Harry Potter wand.”

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/08/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-82012#ixzz24JoX8P6R

Damien Sandow is the best thing ever! Ever! EVER!

Kaladin

That's pretty much the worst thing they could do. Would make the title meaningless for the company if their #1 star doesn't want it.

I don't know how much more meaningless the championship could be in WWE.....might as well use it to provide their #1 star with some character progression.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Re: that article,
Best: Wait what?

I told the guy sitting next to me that I really wanted Kaitlyn to win the Divas’ “Fall Out Of The Ring In Any Awful Fashion” Invitational and found myself pleasantly surprised to see her win. I don’t remember ever leaping out of my seat over the ending of a Divas match. But yes for Kaitlyn.

Read more: http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/08/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-82012#ixzz24JrAlrBp
So how long before you marks turn on Kaitlyn?

I like this story, also from Stroud:

The highlight of Sandow’s appearance (besides the greatness of him being announced as DLC for WWE ’13) was Punk trying to get over on him with a “I thought I was dumb wearing a t-shirt and jeans, this guy comes out in a robe!” and having Sandow respond with an amazing, “I’ll have you know, this is Egyptian cotton”. A guy with class speaking for intelligent wrestling fans is the REAL voice of the voiceless, you snarky fry cook.

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Rey Mysterio suffered a concussion against The Miz at Summerslam and has been pulled from all in-ring appearances until he is medically cleared to wrestle.

It's probably time for Rey to retire.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
8 pages that only have about a paragraph per page and require you to load new page with every caption to litter you with ads.

Man, wrestling sites might be some of the worst designed sites on the planet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The idea is more page clicks = more exposure to ads = more likely to click on ad. That said, I didn't notice because of adblock.

They're not even ads. The page is loaded with links in bad code that links to their other shitty sites. It takes far too long to load.

Kaladin

Something the Rock wants.

You're saying Cena should openly admit the title is not worth going after. That's the worst thing I've read from a wrestling fan, fyi.

I'm not saying he'd say the title wouldn't be worth going after, I'm saying it wouldn't be worth it for him. After he's headlined WM for the Rock and done so much without the belt, the title no longer does IT for him.

Of course knowing Cena he would then say he still lives and breaths wrestling and will keep doing what he does for the WWE Universe because that is all he needs......and then it wouldn't matter 3 months later when he's #1 contender because there is no one else.

its only a matter of time till they do lol
When they realize that she can't really wrestle, we'll see.

But, I guess I'm pleased that they're giving her some sort of an opportunity. I remember they did the same thing for Alicia Fox for a bit before management realizing that she could kill somebody out there.

jmdajr

Only person Cena should win the title from is Rock. Then whoever beats Cena after that would have more clout. You beat the greatest superstrar of all time!!!!!!!!!
omg!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When they realize that she can't really wrestle, we'll see.

But, I guess I'm pleased that they're giving her some sort of an opportunity. I remember they did the same thing for Alicia Fox for a bit before management realizing that she could kill somebody out there.
She kicks craters into foreheads.

Top Bottom